Slumber Party (Rediscover Demo Mix - Snippet): need opinions!

LoanSPW

Hi everyone!

As you may have noticed, I have been doing "Rediscover" versions of Britney's albums for the past few months. Good news: Glory is next on my to-do list and I've already begun working on it! ;)

I started to do a Rediscover Mix of Slumber Party, however I'm not sure that I'm taking the song to the right direction. I usually don't share my unfinished work, but I really need your opinion, so here's a 40s snippet of it:

Please help me! :crying4:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, Im absolutely loving the ITZ and FF RD Mixes! You did a great job

About SP, it sounds  great as usual, but if you do have the stems/ ad libs, after the harmony at 20s add the "******* cray-ay-ay-ay-yeah" ad-libs (that's my best attempt at it sorry :-P) 

and please, please add the oo-oo-oo-ooohhh harmonies at some place in the RD mix! I love them so much!

Keep doing a great job!

3 hours ago, neel21 said:

First off, Im absolutely loving the ITZ and FF RD Mixes! You did a great job

About SP, it sounds  great as usual, but if you do have the stems/ ad libs, after the harmony at 20s add the "******* cray-ay-ay-ay-yeah" ad-libs (that's my best attempt at it sorry :-P) 

and please, please add the oo-oo-oo-ooohhh harmonies at some place in the RD mix! I love them so much!

Keep doing a great job!

I'm very happy that you like those projects! It took quite some time to make them, especially the ITZ one.

All your suggestions are planned, what you hear is what the second chorus is supposed to sound like. And this is a work in progress so of course it might change.

3 hours ago, Seanzy said:

I think it just needs more of the beat. I love that you have the horns in there but maybe take those down a little in parts.

Thanks for the advice, I'll add some of it back! ;)

2 hours ago, St3v3n said:

I think that's really cool :feelingmyself:

How did you get SP's stems tho? Could you PM me these ? :plzney::kidcries: 

PS : oh, and I love your 'Rediscover' albums :bopney: It was what I needed to listen back to FF!

I'm happy to be reason why you've listened to Femme Fatale again lol. But the original album is the real deal, I can't really compare my work to what the original albums are. Thanks for the compliment tho. As for the stems, maybe later on, but I've been told not to leak what I have right now, so it would be disrespectful to do so. :)

2 hours ago, JustStanKnee said:

Did he post the femme fatale version?:nocomprende:

Too bad you missed, I should have brought back the thread more often! :crying2:

Or I should tag you all maybe?

2 hours ago, St3v3n said:

:bopney:

Thanks for the little promo! More promo done here than by Britney's team yeaaaaah! :bigkiss:

1 hour ago, Crayboy said:

Hmm I’d suggest doing the cra ay ay ay ay zy part, and have the lead vocals blend in a little bit more with the harmonier during «put on the music» part

loving it otherwise tbh

Nd no Tinashe 

This is present on the third chorus, what you hear is planned to be the second chorus. I'll try to rework the "put on the music" part for the final version thanks for the advice!

No Tinashe because Britney is the best! :slayney:

But if there's enough demand I might add some of her vocals I guess.

49 minutes ago, LoanSPW said:

I'm happy to be reason why you've listened to Femme Fatale again lol. But the original album is the real deal, I can't really compare my work to what the original albums are. Thanks for the compliment tho. As for the stems, maybe later on, but I've been told not to leak what I have right now, so it would be disrespectful to do so. :)

I understand... :kidcries:

Someone said he'll leak SP's lead and adlibs on the 30th!... I just wanted to listen to BGV tho (dunno why, i've always loved BGV... it's like listening to a brand new song)! Hope I will have these someday :crying1:

You seem very nice tho! Can't wait to listen to your work! I'll make sure to continue promoting it :feelingmyself:

4 minutes ago, St3v3n said:

I understand... :kidcries:

Someone said he'll leak SP's lead and adlibs on the 30th!... I just wanted to listen to BGV tho (dunno why, i've always loved BGV... it's like listening to a brand new song)! Hope I will have these someday :crying1:

You seem very nice tho! Can't wait to listen to your work! I'll make sure to continue promoting it :feelingmyself:

Yeah I saw that! It will be so amazing if it happens! Will make Glory Rediscover so much better! I also love BGV and ad-libs, they can somewhat be considered as hidden vocals and I love that!

Thank you for the compliment! That means a lot to me, 'cause I always try to be nice! :crying4:

2 minutes ago, LoanSPW said:

Yeah I saw that! It will be so amazing if it happens! Will make Glory Rediscover so much better! I also love BGV and ad-libs, they can somewhat be considered as hidden vocals and I love that!

Thank you for the compliment! That means a lot to me, 'cause I always try to be nice! :crying4:

You're welcome! ;) 

I also like to mix, maybe I could show you some of my work if you are interested ! (I haven't done many songs tho) 

Archived