Is Britney underrated?

Crayboy

DISCUSS  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

She is underrated as in the fact that people think she can't sing/dance. She can, she just doesn't want to. She plays it safe. She does the bare minimum, she would rather have an easy #2 album than having a few televised interviews and a performance and getting a #1, this is so random but I just remembered how her team did nothing for Glory in the UK until a month after its debut, which contributed to 2 extra copies sold:meltdown:

I cringe at the people that pretend to believe that she really cares about charts, just because she said so. She also claims that she'll release 9 more albums then goes on to say she'll retire in 2 years, a week later:tiffcackle:

Her claiming she cared about charts was the cheapest 'strategy' from her team so she sells a few extra copies as fans will believe she actually cares about them. Her team should give her a wake up call instead of letting her flop and making her claim that she cares about charts, which makes it seem even worse, I would've died if the interviewer asked her of Glory's chart peak in the UK:tiffcackle:

13 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

I cringe at the people that pretend to believe that she really cares about charts, just because she said so. She also claims that she'll release 9 more albums then goes on to say she'll retire in 2 years, a week later:tiffcackle:

when did she say this?

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
54 minutes ago, Bxnes said:

when did she say this?

During an interview in the UK, maybe the one with BBC. But it's obviously untrue:tiffcackle:

10 hours ago, Crayboy said:

If so, How? 

If not, How?

overrated? How?

Britney, now, is underrated but back then, people hated her because she everywhere. People got sick of her. The thing is, I don't think people appreciated her then because she was 'a puppet' and 'an image' but now looking back at it, she was no different than any other celeb back then. The pop world was dominated by perfect looking blondes.

It annoys me that someone like Lana Del Rey doesn't get criticised as much for being an 'image' but Britney does. Not bashing Lana, just giving an example that in terms of 'looks' and 'brand', she's no different that Britney. She just gets praised for being this original, sensual artist and people buy into it. We don't know if she's really like this or if it's her stage persona. The same goes for Avril, Jessica simpson, Miley, Selena etc.. At least Britney came off as genuine and honest to how she really felt. She never tried to be this articulate, opinionated artist who knew everything. She was normal around celebrities and around people and she got bashed for being too dumb, too arrogant too whatever.

I hate how Britney was constantly bashed because of this. She's talented. Always has been. Her team wanted to make her more marketable so they created her image and they were successful, which is why she was a phenomena.

I mean, Who would you have rather seen back then? A girl (Jessica Simpson) belting out a song about her love in front of a weird plastic like plane (?) or a girl (Mandy Moore) awkwardly changing into several 90's clothes to go hang out in A cinderella story-esq diner or a bored girl at school who decides to break out in a killer dance routine during break time in a school girl uniform? Kids were able to resonate with her for being bored at school and wanted their school to be as cool as hers. As for adults, they liked her because of the obvious reasons. In general, people loved her because she seemed very sweet.

People were so jealous of her back then that they did whatever they could to push her off her pedestal. They knocked her out so hard that she was never able to come back the same. So yes, she's underrated now but also, she makes it harder to stick up for her nowadays. I get that she might resent the public for what they did but it's kinda hard to defend her. I wish Britney would recognize what she's capable of. She has a beautiful deep velvet-y voice and has the ability to memorize incredible choreography. I don't know why she chooses to sabatoge herself.

Archived