Can We Lay The Myah Marie Stuff To Rest Please?

Four Years on and we're still having this debate. Its getting tiring:  
- We know Britney was recording for a year (mid 2012 - mid 2013) with big name producers: She was seen on X-Factor in 2012 with Darkchild for no reason, and others tweeted). None of them featured on the album.

- We know Producers pulled out or were scrapped for refusing to give Will.I.Am and his team the power to do final edits: William Orbit spoke out that the glitch wasn't his fault, they were Will.I.Am's and his team.

- We have no images of Britney going to a recording studio any later than August 2013. We have no footage of Britney singing in I am Britney Jean (even though Adam said they were still working on the album). We have footage of Britney lying on a bed writing ''lyrics'', and we see her again, doing it outside the trailers during WB filming: There's no way Britney could still be writing tracks for Britney Jean, but was never filmed in the studio to record them, something that featured in every other Britney documentary and even Miley Cyrus' documentary

- The only tracks Britney fans can agree only feature Britney are Perfume and Don't Cry: Neither of these tracks feature Anthony Preston as a vocal producer. Perfume features Will.I.Am as producer, but Christopher Braide as the vocal producer (both on the Dreaming mix, and album mix). 

- Producers who have made numerous Britney remixes who got their hands on the stems, have said that they didn't contain Britney's vocals for the chorus, and had files labelled Myah: We have the Passenger (CCMC Remix), which features different vocals on the second verse but Sia vocals in the chorus, Passenger (Acoustic Remix) with Sia Vocals in the chorus, Hold on Tight (acoustic remix), and Brightest Morning Star (Acoustic Remix).

- The stems for Work ***** are available for viewing: Work *****'s ''LEAD'' vocal stem contains the same voice as the ''BGV'' stem, and neither voice is Britney's: Whenever Britney has performed this song on large platforms with clear audio (BBMA, and Apple Music festival). Britney precorded the vocals, despite not pre-recording songs that are (were at the time) five to seventeen years old at the time of performance.

- The stems for Alien are available for viewing, and are very clearly labeled ''Brit'', ''Myah, and ''Ana'' (who wrote, atleast, the first first of the song, as her vocals feature her singing the second verse to non words eg. Dum da di dum dum). Myah is clearly heard imitating Britney's voice for half of the verses and the chorus: Only Ana Diaz is listed as an Additional Vocalist for Alien. Myah is not listed, despite having vocals present.

- Body Ache was written by Myah Marie, but she is not credited as a backing vocalist: In the booklet's credits, there is no reference to addition backing vocalists or additional vocals. 

- The Britney Jean Booklet, when compared to the Femme Fatale and Circus, is more cautious about its phrasing in regards to vocals, and in some tracks (see BODY ACHE), does not reference backing vocalists: Both FF and Circus have very clear layouts, and credits are given on each track, as is standard protocol. 

- The demos for Tik Tik Boom (seven writers, Britney listed as first), and Passenger leaked (five writers, Britney listed first), and what is clear is that there were minimal changes to non existent: Britney had little input on these songs.

- Tik Tik Boom features T.I.. Britney usually is complimentary of her collaborator, both as singers, rappers, writers, artistics and people: Britney only spoke about TI once, and had very little to say about him.

Britney is listed as the main first song writer in the credits for Perfume. In a number of interviews, Sia stated and alluded (''Thanks Britney for the...umm...Window treatment!'')  that Perfume was already finished by the time Britney's team contacted her. Sia has no qualms about being brutally honest about her song writing in regards to Rihanna and Beyonce: Britney had little input into Perfume

- Britney's interviews for Britney Jean were incredibly controlled and questions were prescreened, most of the interviews contained no new information, and Britney had a very limited vocabulary: Britney had little to no interest in the album. 

- During the Listening Party for Britney Jean, Britney sat twiddling her microphone wire, had trouble answering questions, or completely silent for two thirds of the album, and Will.I.Am answered questions for her, despite the fact that it was Britney's album, with supposedly Britney lead lyrics: Britney had little interest or input, and knew it wasn't an acceptable album.

but overall:
- We have to have these debates about vocals. Regardless of what Britney album is your favourite and your least favourite, a fans, we have always been able to identify Britney's voice in whatever form she's chosen to present it. We know the big, deep belts and southern accent and drawls of the Baby album, because we're able to follow them down through her later albums. We know the Punchy attitude she brought on the Oops album, because she brought it down through her later albums. We know the breathy vocals, cracks, vocal fry and her use of the falsetto range more often because it stayed. We recognise Britney's simple but honest writing style from ITZ. With Blackout, she brought everything to the table and was willing to play around and have fun in the studio but still deliver. Circus, had all the elements of the previously mentioned albums, and even on tracks like Mannequin, her accent was still there. On Femme Fatale, the vocals were simple pop melodies, as is Dr. Luke/Max Martin's style at the time, there was no writting, and Britney had little interest in this album also, but all the elements were there,  and on Pretty Girls, Toms Diner and ALL of Glory, all these qualities reappear; 
So what made Britney Jean the odd one out so much so that it featured very little of any of these qualities, and unrecognizable voice?  no slight shakes to the vocals, no drawl or growl, different emphasis on phrases,  a higher tone to her voice both singing and speaking, that has never existed on any album before or since?

Britney didn't sing on the Majority of the album. 

Move on.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you like Britney or Myah go ahead and listen to them. No one is stopping you but accept the fact that Britney isn't as present on that album as all the others 

They should have thrown Black Widow, Candy From Strangers, and Sorry Adam on because those songs are better than most of BJ. 

Guest $elfish
20 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

They should have thrown Black Widow, Candy From Strangers, and Sorry Adam on because those songs are better than most of BJ. 

True black widow and sorry adam are such bops:lollipop:

Guest $elfish

My theory on the whole bj fiasco is that britney wanted it to be more like blackout 2.0 a urban album and a bunch of producers where in on it but when will I **** joined it he wanted to make it more edm and electronic so the other producers left and britney didn't have artistic freedom as usual so she recorded the tracks even tho she probably hated it all since this wasn't the direction she wanted bj to be , after recording them will I **** didn't like her vocals so he told myah Marie to record the songs too at the end he mixed Britney's and myah's vocals on each track but most of them were myah's maybe that's why the work ***** at the bbmas sounded different as you said if they used pre recorded vocals they should have done them for all of the songs so they probably used Britney's version for work ***** 

thats my theory:comingthru::cutesybrit:

It's a sham of a record and probably the messiest one ever released by a major pop star.  It feels like a Britney album released postmortem, with Myah Marie filling large vocal gaps for Britney.  Everything negative about her as an artist is on display -- lead vocals from a session singer, dubious songwriting, and an overall terrible musical soundscape -- why this album has actual stans is mind-blogging and I will never understand.  Nor do I want to, tbh. Both she and her team learned which is why we have "Glory" -- thankfully.  

49 minutes ago, $elfish said:

My theory on the whole bj fiasco is that britney wanted it to be more like blackout 2.0 a urban album and a bunch of producers where in on it but when will I **** joined it he wanted to make it more edm and electronic so the other producers left and britney didn't have artistic freedom as usual so she recorded the tracks even tho she probably hated it all since this wasn't the direction she wanted bj to be , after recording them will I **** didn't like her vocals so he told myah Marie to record the songs too at the end he mixed Britney's and myah's vocals on each track but most of them were myah's maybe that's why the work ***** at the bbmas sounded different as you said if they used pre recorded vocals they should have done them for all of the songs so they probably used Britney's version for work ***** 

thats my theory:comingthru::cutesybrit:

I think something similar happened. Britney was working with producers on an urban, personal sound sound, and the label had no issue on it because that was the popular sound/the sound gaining popularity/the trend. When it came to late summer 2013, Britney's team realized urban was out and edm was in, and S&S did well on the charts, they brought wil.i.am in as the executive producer (he produced dance tracks and just released an album that was doing well-ish) as Executive producer. He wanted to have the final edit on tracks, and producers pulled out or were scrapped. This lead to a lack of grade a material, and we're into september.  The promotion has started, vegas is a go-go, but the album is nowhere finished, and britney couldn't care for another scrapped album. and prioritised her family. She did the bare minimum on tracks (think femme fatale till the world ends 15 minute jobs), leaving blanks in the tracks or no vocal at tall, which is where Myah comes in, working with Anthony Preston, the vocal producer. To do her best impersonation, and tidy up  Britney's vocal tracks, as well as lay down her own vocals, given them more time to ''perfect'' the vocal tracks. rather than have britney lose time for the other important things. 

Instead of changing the description promised for the album, team b still went with personal album, but made sure nothing got out official from them or Britney, and britney's interviews showed she wasn't interested. 

3 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

It's a sham of a record and probably the messiest one ever released by a major pop star.  It feels like a Britney album released postmortem, with Myah Marie filling large vocal gaps for Britney.  Everything negative about her as an artist is on display -- lead vocals from a session singer, dubious songwriting, and an overall terrible musical soundscape -- why this album has actual stans is mind-blogging and I will never understand.  Nor do I want to, tbh. Both she and her team learned which is why we have "Glory" -- thankfully.  

the stans want to believe Britney and her team are as honest as they claim. Britney is, but at this time, she was simply doing it...to do it, little investment or effort, but her team are a business. They wanted money, and banked upon the naivety of people who grew up with Britney and want to believe that she could do no wrong. Britney might not have had a say in the matter in the end (I don't know what her status is under the conservatorship, because she spoke out about it once saying she never got to do the albums she wanted) but as a brand that makes a lot of money, they all had to keep their mouths shut, or else. 

If people want to not hear what others hear, fine. If they want to enjoy BJ, fine. If they don't like it, they can listen to Glory or the other albums. But frankly, we all need to take this advice:

giphy%207_zpsjhcxsrvg.gif

No one is going to change anyone else's opinion on the matter, we all seem dead set on believing what we believe, so arguing about it is really just arguing for arguing's sake. And that goes for both sides, pro-BJ and anti-BJ.

3 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

If people want to not hear what others hear, fine. If they want to enjoy BJ, fine. If they don't like it, they can listen to Glory or the other albums. But frankly, we all need to take this advice:

giphy%207_zpsjhcxsrvg.gif

No one is going to change anyone else's opinion on the matter, we all seem dead set on believing what we believe, so arguing about it is really just arguing for arguing's sake. And that goes for both sides, pro-BJ and anti-BJ.

I disagree. There are receipts and strange situations that don't add up. As a fan base, we're not asking a lot, but we should also be vocal about not supporting what they did. if Pro BJ fans are gonna post threads saying all the facts, evidence etc. is wrong, then fans are gonna tell them they're wrong. 

We need to move on, but don't expect fans to let this creep back up without stamping it out

25 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I disagree. There are receipts and strange situations that don't add up. As a fan base, we're not asking a lot, but we should also be vocal about not supporting what they did. if Pro BJ fans are gonna post threads saying all the facts, evidence etc. is wrong, then fans are gonna tell them they're wrong. 

We need to move on, but don't expect fans to let this creep back up without stamping it out

Listen, I'm not saying it's not there. I'm in the other thread as being someone who tried to show receipts and was told "listening is not evidence" (lmao, in what world?). What I'm saying is that the people who want to believe it's all Britney and she didn't pull the wool over their eyes are never going to concede their points. They don't want to be swayed by logic, they want a handwritten letter from both Britney and Myah that says, "I did not sing on this album as much as I claim I did -- Britney"/"I did sing a lot of main vocals on this album -- Myah." Or some written proof that something shady went down. And since that'll never exist, it just becomes an endless cycle of arguing.

I was one of the stampers, so trust me, I know. But they're still going and clinging to their delusions. I'm about ninety-four percent convinced the OP of the other topic only started their thread to see us all argue about it in the first place. :yaknow: So it's basically just giving them exactly what they want.

I think that's asking a lot. I mean, had the media caught more wind of the situation at the time it could have been career ending. 

It's a pretty big deal and if fans want to express their hate for the album then they should tbh. We need to make sure another Britney Jean fiasco will NEVER happen again. 

Imo we need to stop defending it and treat it like the poop stain that it is on her discography. 

Thanks god we have GLORY... Glory is Britney and Britney is GLORY... thats why shes happy because the album is her personal success... continue Britney do your thang gurl cuz you got this shhh you got it! BJ IS PAST AND PAST IS GONE GONE GONE...

16 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

we already voiced our disparagement and guess what... we got glory. BJ is 4 years already. It really is time to move on

and trust me if Britney and team want to give us another BJ, they will... we can't really stop them (i hope they don't tho)

Archived