Confused about Britney's perfume empire

TylerTremallose

If britney apparently sells fragrances well, why do her new releases show up at discount stores so quickly? 

For example, fantasy in bloom which was released within the past couple of months can be found for $8 at discount stores.

does mainly curious and Fantasy only sell well and her other releases just don't do well? I'm confused. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the newer fragrances are aimed more at her fanbase / fans of her fragrance line / fragrance enthusiasts. They typically snatch it up within the first few weeks of release. The bottles you find at discount stores are just unsold leftovers from the higher end department stores. Overall, Fantasy is her biggest seller. The remixes / new editions are just a way to buff up that purchase tally, not to replace the original.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Because the newer fragrances are aimed more at her fanbase / fans of her fragrance line / fragrance enthusiasts. They typically snatch it up within the first few weeks of release. The bottles you find at discount stores are just unsold leftovers from the higher end department stores. Overall, Fantasy is her biggest seller. The remixes / new editions are just a way to buff up that purchase tally, not to replace the original.

What high end department stores sells britney fragrances these days? 

11 minutes ago, TylerTremallose said:

If britney apparently sells fragrances well, why do her new releases show up at discount stores so quickly? 

For example, fantasy in bloom which was released within the past couple of months can be found for $8 at discount stores.

does mainly curious and Fantasy only sell well and her other releases just don't do well? I'm confused. 

Her newer things, especially flanker fragrances aren't really meant for widespread use and is really a "gift for the fans" Fantasy and Curious are her main fragrances which remains its huge popularity it got from Britney's prime in 2003/2004. Her flankers are just to make extra cash cause she can't release third singles....

Just now, MakeMeFweaky said:

I don't know but I wouldn't buy them at high end stores especially when I see them at ross for $10-$15

I think all the britney fragrances I have I bought them at marshalls for less than $10 each lol

thats why I don't rush out to buy new releases sadly. I know it sounds cheap but a deal is a deal and she made money off of it anyways. 

33 minutes ago, TylerTremallose said:

"Britney Spears has stood the test of time. Diehard fans who wore Britney Fantasy over 12 years ago are still coming to us to try her new fragrances."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-3875699

Archived