The GP's awareness of Britney

SomeoneGimmeBritney

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney is done :sobbing:

I accept that, and I'll move on. I'll keep supporting her no matter what, but she's over.

Her ship started sinking when she half-assed Circus, and Femme Fatale was the iceberg that sunk it. Vegas is just her tombstone to commemorate the remains of her career. RIP Britney's Career and Relevance 1998-2009 :meltdown:

42 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

Britney is done :sobbing:

I accept that, and I'll move on. I'll keep supporting her no matter what, but she's over.

Her ship started sinking when she half-assed Circus, and Femme Fatale was the iceberg that sunk it. Vegas is just her tombstone to commemorate the remains of her career. RIP Britney's Career and Relevance 1998-2009 :meltdown:

So dramatic. :madonna:

Both Circus and Femme Fatale have sold millions and gathered various hits that cemented her career span to 3 decades of success.

Even X-Factor with that zombie attitude got her a huge WW hit. Unfortunately, Britney could only dodge so many bullets without promotional support and Britney Jean was a huge shot in the dark.

The album feels like a worst of Femme Fatale leftovers collection, and the fact she didn't do one single promo performance really made it tank. There's no reason why one year prior S&S went global and the next Work ***** barely manages to scrape the Top 15.

Vegas is literally the biggest gamble in Britney's career. Has it been a huge help to her stage confidence and overall happiness? Yes. However, there's no gamble without a risk... and that risk has sank her chart success pretty deep.

Releasing rushed garbage like Britney Jean and Pretty Girls to the pop mainstream doesn't help either. Britney's team somehow after 2011 decided that it's time to go backwards rather than forwards.

Glory is the first glimmer of hope that we've gotten because when Pretty Girls was released I sincerely thought that Britney had lost her ear for pop music.

1 minute ago, I'mSoCurious said:

Today a girl in my Earth Science class said that she's obsessed with Slumber Party and she's a popular girl that listens to artists like the Chainsmokers and Drake :forkit: I was very surprised!

Omg I remember Earth Science was a joke, my teacher would literally fall asleep and people would bring lunch inside and we'd have like a huge potluck everyday. :orangu: 

even ppl who love britney or used to love britney claim she is robotic or not her old self, due to britney jean, pretty girls and somewhat ff.  it has been like pulling teeth for me to get ppl to listen to glory. the awareness has been extremely low this era, even though yes she did a few high profile performances. ppl just dont care anymore for whatever reason. its so frustrating because glory is such a return to form. but yknow what - its their loss, not ours. 

my pet peeve is those who were fans during ff era who act like shes nothing to them now. when its like wtf glory is a crazy good album but what, now all of a sudden its not cool to listen to her or something even though the album is actually better quality than in 2011? youre pathetic 

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So dramatic. :madonna:

Both Circus and Femme Fatale have sold millions and gathered various hits that cemented her career span to 3 decades of success.

Even X-Factor with that zombie attitude got her a huge WW hit. Unfortunately, Britney could only dodge so many bullets without promotional support and Britney Jean was a huge shot in the dark.

The album feels like a worst of Femme Fatale leftovers collection, and the fact she didn't do one single promo performance really made it tank. There's no reason why one year prior S&S went global and the next Work ***** barely manages to scrape the Top 15.

Vegas is literally the biggest gamble in Britney's career. Has it been a huge help to her stage confidence and overall happiness? Yes. However, there's no gamble without a risk... and that risk has sank her chart success pretty deep.

Releasing rushed garbage like Britney Jean and Pretty Girls to the pop mainstream doesn't help either. Britney's team somehow after 2011 decided that it's time to go backwards rather than forwards.

Glory is the first glimmer of hope that we've gotten because when Pretty Girls was released I sincerely thought that Britney had lost her ear for pop music.

IA with everything you said, but I'm talking about her image in the public eye, not her commercial success. 

Circus was definitely a successful comeback, and Femme Fatale with 3 radio hits and multiple deals ie. Twister, perfumes. The fact that she successfully sent Scream and Shout, the Will.I.Am crap song, to #1 and the fact that Simon personally called her for X-Factor meant she was still commercially huge.

I wasn't reffering to her commercial success during Circus/FF when I said both eras sent her down the drain. She obviously was still selling a lot of records and winning awards etc. And yeah, to say Vegas helped improve Britney's performing skills is an understatement. God knows where we would be coming from zombie Femme Fatale if it weren't for Vegas.  Vegas has really benefitted Britney's healing as a person and as a performer. She wouldn't be who she is now without it. I'm thankful for Vegas, and I'm glad she did it.

It's just that the image of her barely executing her choreos or not singing or just looking so out of it every time she was out in public really put a dent in her image and how the gp perceived her. Vegas, as mush as it helped her improve on herself, didn't help put her out there to remain relevant. It did the opposite actually. It hid her from non-Britney fans. Only the Army saw how she was getting better each leg and how her confidence has build up to where it is now. The GP is forever stuck with the lasting image of Femme Fatale/Xfactor Britney because that's when she was last globally relevant. And let me not talk about Britney Jean :meltdown:

I was really hopeful for Glory. An amazing album, a great first single, and she hasn't looked this good or performed this great since literally 2004.

But that's exactly my point, the amount of promo and hardword and jingle balls she did last year was no match to the (possibly irreversible) damage already done by the last 6 years of slacking. Heck I never thought she would perform at the VMAs again and she did that. She slayed the BBMAs too. Once an "image" is there, it's hard to shake it off, whether good or bad. Look at Chris Brown's woman-beating history that still haunts him, or Janet's nipplegate the ultimate career-destroying moment she never recovered from. I get annoyed when Britney's head shaving still gets brought up 10 ******* years later, but that's how it works. Kim K will always have a *** tape, and so will Paris. And Lindsay will always be a cokehead, even if she moves to the Vatican and coverts to a nun. 

So I stand by my statement. Even though it is dramatic and I wish it weren't true :meltdown:

I have hope for Britney though, and I obviously wish her the best in all her ventures and will always support her. And I hope one day she proves me wrong. :unreal:

19 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

IA with everything you said, but I'm talking about her image in the public eye, not her commercial success. 

Circus was definitely a successful comeback, and Femme Fatale with 3 radio hits and multiple deals ie. Twister, perfumes. The fact that she successfully sent Scream and Shout, the Will.I.Am crap song, to #1 and the fact that Simon personally called her for X-Factor meant she was still commercially huge.

I wasn't reffering to her commercial success during Circus/FF when I said both eras sent her down the drain. She obviously was still selling a lot of records and winning awards etc. And yeah, to say Vegas helped improve Britney's performing skills is an understatement. God knows where we would be coming from zombie Femme Fatale if it weren't for Vegas.  Vegas has really benefitted Britney's healing as a person and as a performer. She wouldn't be who she is now without it. I'm thankful for Vegas, and I'm glad she did it.

It's just that the image of her barely executing her choreos or not singing or just looking so out of it every time she was out in public really put a dent in her image and how the gp perceived her. Vegas, as mush as it helped her improve on herself, didn't help put her out there to remain relevant. It did the opposite actually. It hid her from non-Britney fans. Only the Army saw how she was getting better each leg and how her confidence has build up to where it is now. The GP is forever stuck with the lasting image of Femme Fatale/Xfactor Britney because that's when she was last globally relevant. And let me not talk about Britney Jean :meltdown:

I was really hopeful for Glory. An amazing album, a great first single, and she hasn't looked this good or performed this great since literally 2004.

But that's exactly my point, the amount of promo and hardword and jingle balls she did last year was no match to the (possibly irreversible) damage already done by the last 6 years of slacking. Heck I never thought she would perform at the VMAs again and she did that. She slayed the BBMAs too. Once an "image" is there, it's hard to shake it off, whether good or bad. Look at Chris Brown's woman-beating history that still haunts him, or Janet's nipplegate the ultimate career-destroying moment she never recovered from. I get annoyed when Britney's head shaving still gets brought up 10 ******* years later, but that's how it works. Kim K will always have a *** tape, and so will Paris. And Lindsay will always be a cokehead, even if she moves to the Vatican and coverts to a nun. 

So I stand by my statement. Even though it is dramatic and I wish it weren't true :meltdown:

I have hope for Britney though, and I obviously wish her the best in all her ventures and will always support her. And I hope one day she proves me wrong. :unreal:

I agree with you, but like you said I believe in Britney still.

I mean she can only go up from here right? Her charisma is back. She's performing like Britney Spears again, she just needs a new choreographer that can push her in the right direction.

4 hours ago, Chico101 said:

There are two big markets that make up the GP: Teens and older adults (mainly 40+)

If you appeal to either of these markets you will sell - hence Britney's early success in the teen market. Adele is straddling both - appealing to teens and older adults. 

Let's be honest - Britney's popularity in the teen market is waning and she never appealed to the older adult market.

I dont agree. She sarted as a teenager, true, but she was more than just a teen sensation. Britneys success was  precisely because she was a universal phenomenon, teens liked her, but young adults liked her too, and older adults as well. No way she would sell that much thanks to teenagers. (that probably changed after the breakdown and Blackout) The music scene in general was ruled by adult artists, because it was adults the ones that could buy music. That has changed nowadays because with mobile phones and stuff, young people, even kids can buy music on their own, even if its with their parents money. Thats why we now read comments such as "shes too old for doing music", as if music was meant to be by kids, for kids, when back in the day you had to be a grown *** man or woman to be taken seriously. Britney always ends up losing, then she was considered too young to portray such sexualized image, now suddenly shes too old for that, when  shes still younger than Madonna was 15 years ago. Now we have 5th harmony which started out looking 12 years old, but back then the Spice Girls were already on their 20s. 

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I agree with you, but like you said I believe in Britney still.

I mean she can only go up from here right? Her charisma is back. She's performing like Britney Spears again, she just needs a new choreographer that can push her in the right direction.

Exactly, no where but up. :kisses2all: 

But Charizzard definitely has to go now. She can say adios to her arm swings and zumba moves :nobitch:

Just bring back Wade and we're good to go lol

Just now, sunkissed said:

Exactly, no where but up. :kisses2all: 

But Charizzard definitely has to go now. She can say adios to her arm swings and zumba moves :nobitch:

Just bring back Wade and we're good to go lol

Is Wade still in the business? That'd be cool. I think Brian Friedman would come back, just make sure it's not that spaz high heels choreo he does with that other kween. :moorangu: 

7 minutes ago, thal said:

I think it's kind hard to make Britney go viral again.

I even think that even if she goes on TV and do a lot of performances on different talk shows it wouldn't add much.

People don't watch tv anymore now.

Idk, I just think the only way to see Britney being relevant again is doing something with Drake, Kanye West, Beyonce or Rihanna.

And it will not happen tbh, they probably think she's not talented and stuff.

I'd rather B10 flop but be a progressive album than Britney selling herself out to these artists. Even if such a collar did happen, all three of them have too huge an ego to admit Britney's involvement in the process, and if for some reason her team acts stupid like they did with David LaChapelle with MM video, and any one of these artists (?) shades Britney, she's done for good.

49 minutes ago, thal said:

Yeah, I wish she would do something with Drake but she already choose the white trash version of him for Make Me.

And he has a big ego, i don't think he wants to be associated with her and he will be releasing songs with Taylor Swift and J.Lo this year, so..

And B Team is a mess so he would probably be shady about something.

IA....though G-Eazy is much nicer and has a more comfortable personality than Drake or any other rapper. Plus I like his songs better :snapney:

2 hours ago, thal said:

Yeah, I wish she would do something with Drake but she already choose the white trash version of him for Make Me.

And he has a big ego, i don't think he wants to be associated with her and he will be releasing songs with Taylor Swift and J.Lo this year, so..

And B Team is a mess so he would probably be shady about something.

"white trash version" lmao :NYsassy:

Drake is just as trash as G-Eazy, maybe even less talented. Drake is not some respected rap royalty, he's a pop sellout with little to no rap artistry. No one takes him seriously in the community. So why you want Britney to work with him is beyond me.

Archived