Zayn And Taylor Swift Teease The "I Don't Wanna Live Forever" Music Video: Watch

Jordan Miller

7 minutes ago, button said:

No i didn't. Buut ooooooh I just remembered the white mask in the single cover actually. Maybe that's why they look similar then. I don't really have a problem with the videos looking alike, just the fact that one has a guaranteed quick trip to 1B views when it is potentially less good. That's how it is and it's sad. Britney and Tinashe deserved more attention. :mhmnod:

I love it, Stanley Kubrick is one of my favorite directors so seeing his work get referenced this much in pop  is amazing. Britney, Beyonce, Taylor and Zayn are all using references to his films

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

I love it, Stanley Kubrick is one of my favorite directors so seeing his work get referenced this much in pop  is amazing. Britney, Beyonce, Taylor and Zayn are all using references to his films

I wish I could talk with you about him but I know very little about his work and movies in general. The imagery he created for "Eyes wide shut" is really great, all the videos he inspired are visually stunning. For Beyoncé, is it the Partition video? I remember some mask scenes in it. Love the song and video. Stanley won again :hahayea:

1 hour ago, button said:

I wish I could talk with you about him but I know very little about his work and movies in general. The imagery he created for "Eyes wide shut" is really great, all the videos he inspired are visually stunning. For Beyoncé, is it the Partition video? I remember some mask scenes in it. Love the song and video. Stanley won again :hahayea:

Actually the visual part of Lemonade had references to Terence Malick style (Tree of Life) and Kubrick. But the Fomation Tour staging was a reference to 2001:A Space Odyssey and the monolith in the beginning 

I don't care for her but LadyGaga's Born This Way was inspired by A Clockwork Orange too

It definitely has some striking similarities to "Slumber Party." But what do you expect? This is the same artist who used to sing in a country twang in order to appeal to a certain demographic, and then mysteriously lost said accent immediately upon switching over to pop music. The same artist who feigned having been victimized in a music video that she had actually explicitly approved beforehand. Etc. Etc. 

She has some great pop songs, but I have no respect for her whatsoever. Will not be contributing to the MV views. :foh:

Archived