Is Britney a guilty pleasure?

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most People I know think shes cheesy, is stuck in her prime and they are embarassed to even acknowledge her importance on pop culture and music industry.

Its funny, people dont stan hard for her but when a hit is played on a party, most People sing and dance along.

She totally is a guilty pleasure. Tbh, if she wants to be taken more seriously she needs to change it up, go for a darker, more urban sound. Blackout was awesome and totally a step in the right direction with her sound considering where mainstream pop was headed, but with Circus she started to deviate from that. Honestly as a Britney fan I like Glory, but it's not something I would play at a party, or blast with the windows down. I think her team tried, like with Make Me and the G Eazy feature and all, but the song just does not go hard at all. If it had a heavier bass, grimier beat and less of those soft bubblegum pop "ooooh's" it would've been a way bigger hit. I think she's capable of adapting to the modern sound, she just needs to be more badass, more "it's Britney, *****". 

Big time. I've noticed lots of people show love to her old songs and videos that people remember from childhood and if one of her old songs comes on somewhere people get really excited but nobody has any love for currentney. I guess its because it's okay to admit you liked something like that when you were very young but now she's kinda "cheesy" to a lot of people so it wouldn't be cool to admit you like her currently.

1 hour ago, glamkeely said:

She totally is a guilty pleasure. Tbh, if she wants to be taken more seriously she needs to change it up, go for a darker, more urban sound. Blackout was awesome and totally a step in the right direction with her sound considering where mainstream pop was headed, but with Circus she started to deviate from that. Honestly as a Britney fan I like Glory, but it's not something I would play at a party, or blast with the windows down. I think her team tried, like with Make Me and the G Eazy feature and all, but the song just does not go hard at all. If it had a heavier bass, grimier beat and less of those soft bubblegum pop "ooooh's" it would've been a way bigger hit. I think she's capable of adapting to the modern sound, she just needs to be more badass, more "it's Britney, *****". 

I love glory but ia. I still want an original doll 2.0 :kidcries:

Hmmm I don't think I would say a guilty pleasure.... or maybe idk

Whenever my friends who aren't fans talk about her, they always use the word ''actually'' which pisses me off. Like ''Wow, Make Me is ACTUALLY good!'' as if she hasn't released a good song in years

Archived