"Fragmentedness" in Glory songs?

PerfumeGuy

I really like the Glory album but I really want to share my thoughts on it. I don't know whether you felt the same but on my first listen, I thought the songs are rather "fragmented" in Glory.

I want to explain it by giving examples: "Love Me Down" starts with a different sound, then in the chorus ("My baby gon' love me down") it gains a great upbeat sound, then it changes at "La-la-la-love me" part which seems to belong to a different song I think.

In Just Like Me, Britney starts by singing in a very different way, then turns into the classic Britney in the chorus part. Then in the second verse, her singing style changes again.

The beatiful chorus part of Man on the Moon is totally different from the rest of the song I think.

It is the same for Clumsy as well, it begins like a Private Show kind of song, then suddenly turns into a dance song in its "non-chorus" part.

It would be better if the songs are less fragmented in B10 I think.

Just wanted to share my thoughts. Is there anyone who thought/thinks the same or who agrees with me? :awks:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Body Ache. said:

That's what I liked (and other YouTubers who reviewed the album) about the album. The beat drops on this album reveal a whole different element to the song than you expected when the song first starts. 

Yeah, the beat drops did get a lot of praise. I liked them, too.

I get what you're saying and I think Liar is the best example and the most obvious one, it starts like a Kesha/Katy Perry song, very generic and clubby and then in the chorus it changes completely and starts sounding like a totally different song, sounds a lot like old Britney and even like Bye Bye Bye by NSYNC

3 minutes ago, Da Bubblah said:

I get what you're saying and I think Liar is the best example and the most obvious one, it starts like a Kesha/Katy Perry song, very generic and clubby and then in the chorus it changes completely and starts sounding like a totally different song, sounds a lot like old Britney and even like Bye Bye Bye by NSYNC

this tbh 10mps89_th.gif

Archived