Dance Producer Matthew Koma on Working With Britney Spears on Glory

jokobish

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/podcasts/7565548/matthew-koma-interview-britney-spears-pop-shop-podcast

“She’s super in touch with what works for her and what she likes. I was surprised even at the music she was playing me -- random deep stuff that I don’t know I would have pinned her as a fan for.”

Wonder what she was playing. Love that she really put effort into Glory and even playing tracks for producers that she liked!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

I was so surprised his work didn't make the cut for "Glory". He did some awesome tracks ("Arms around a memory" & "Breathe In. Breathe Out") for Hilary Duff.

Did he not write mood ring ? Idk why I thought that . Or are u saying bc it only made the Japanese album

19 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

Wonder what she was playing. Love that she really put effort into Glory and even playing tracks for producers that she liked!

She said she was listening to a lot of Sade, which I know she's super into, but someone that just thinks of her as Britney Spears the popstar wouldn't think she's into her. 

33 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

He praised her many times in his interviews. If they worked together 2 years ago, those songs were the ones Britney scrapped and didn't like. :idkney:

It doesn't necessarily mean she didn't like them. It could also just mean that they didn't fit the new direction of the album :) 

Just now, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

She personally said she wasn't satisfied with material she did then. Then she got connected with Karen & she enjoyed the creative process of creating "Glory" generally. Her words. Not mine. :)

Yup, but we still got Liar and Clumsy that were recorded in 2014 if I'm not mistaken :saycheese:

Though I'm not ruling the possibility of her not liking those songs out at all. It's just not the only possibility :) 

Archived