When Britney first lip synched

monalisaney81

27 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Not really. It was probably when she performed on CD:UK or Top of the Pops etc. They generally demanded that every artist lipsync to a CD track. I believe this was due to production costs.

In Mexico used to be very common that record labels asked their artists to lipsync, because they wanted the audience to listen to the songs as they sound in the album or the radio. And yeah, it must be cheaper than having a live band, or the whole soundcheck, equipment, etc even if they had the instrumental.

Besides some TV performances, I think the first, most noticeable time she lipsynced was the VMA's. All of them. But I see it more like Britney trying to be perfectionist, knowing she wouldn't be able to sing along to the whole song and doing those moves. Even during ITZ she tried to sing live some parts, like that MATM performance for TRL, where she starts singing live, then over the track, but by the middle of the song she's already out of breath.

In the Circus era is when the full lipsyncing started, but people claim it was her team the ones that wanted her to lipsync, and that's why she did the You Oughta Know performance. And I wouldn't be surprised if they demanded the lipsync too for the POM show, since it's something more theatrical (even if in theater they sing live too) rather than a concert. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ebritneybeat said:

No.During her debut she was singing live.The more heavy choreos she did the less she sang.You can see many videos through the years and you will realise it.Finally they made Primeney who stopped completely singing.

It is impossible to sing while dancing like this

I didn't mind for lipsyncing as long as I saw really heavy slaying choreo with untouchable energy.

Currentney has no reasons to not sing live tho or at least use prerecorded vocals.She doesn't even try to sync her mouth with the playback.

You know she actually sang this live?   But it was dubbed.

18 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

it was a slow process

first singing completely live (BOMT era)

then singing over her vocals (Oops era)

then singing only a few parts of the song (Britney era)

and finally lip synching the whole song (ITZ era until now)

There are peformances of Britney singing live during ITZ. Remember the TRL live performance and SNL

17 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

it was a slow process

This. Oops era was the perfect balance. She totally sang live when she was walking around the stage or barely moving and lipped during the dance breaks

18 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

it was a slow process

Yeah I agree but it got also worse:

- itz: she sang 1-2 songs on tour

- circus: she sang yok and a few vocals throughout some shows

- femme fatale: a few vocals throughout some shows

- pom: nothing at all

1 hour ago, hibiscus.berry.TEA said:

This made me think of that video of her standing in the backstage area (I think it was before a TV performance of I'm not a Girl)) and some lady asked her if she was nervous & Britney was like, 'No, it's full playback, so..' :quirkney:  sorry couldn't find the video on yt

What?

10 hours ago, lali92 said:

What?

um, I guess if you haven't seen the video it's unclear what I meant, I was just saying she's obviously less nervous about going on stage knowing she won't have to sing live. It was minutes before she had to go on stage and she was all smiles when that woman asked her if she was nervous.

Don't know what more I could tell you about it tbh. :rihstare:

If somebody remembers that video & what performance it was, post the youtube link, I can't be the only one who remembers that.

Archived