w.t.f at Glory not being in top 250 albums on iTunes?!

larac

http://kworb.net/aww/

How is that even possible that an album the was released 2 monthes ago,

by a leading pop singer with 100m albums sold, a legend. and still the album fell so hard?!

I mean, look at that chart, FUKN Loud by Rihanna an album released 6 years ago sold more recently?!

The Truth About Love a Pink album released 4 years ago sold more this month?!

WTAF ?! :nydisgust:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Taystee said:

Are you honestly shocked tbh? It's a shame though... She literally released her best album in YEARS and her team/label still found a way to **** it up.

:nothavingit:

I AM!

I know they ****** it up, but how is it possible that practically no one is buying it?!

9 minutes ago, larac said:

I AM!

I know they ****** it up, but how is it possible that practically no one is buying it?!

I think it has to do with the fact that we live in a digital era. Music has never been more accessible than it is now. If you wanna be successful now you either have to market to the youth, who is at the core of the digital era, or do something MAJOR that'll get the people talking. You can't sell anymore based off of namesake alone anymore.

I don't feel good saying this but I don't think that it's not only her team's fault... I mean for every performance she's had so far from the BBMAs to VMAs and the Apple Music Festival, if you check carefully the comments on youtube you'll see that the GP is heavily criticising her for lip synching. I feel like only us fans stand by her no matter what she chooses to do. We've had alot of promo so far but the impact was minimal cause the GP seems to be over her for not proving herself as a singer.

15 minutes ago, Resimaniac said:

I don't feel good saying this but I don't think that it's not only her team's fault... I mean for every performance she's had so far from the BBMAs to VMAs and the Apple Music Festival, if you check carefully the comments on youtube you'll see that the GP is heavily criticising her for lip synching. I feel like only us fans stand by her no matter what she chooses to do. We've had alot of promo so far but the impact was minimal cause the GP seems to be over her for not proving herself as a singer.

You're right.

We already know shes' not the typical pop star, she lipsyncs, she has ZERO communication with the audience, she performs like its a job that she don't like anymore, like shes not having fun... It's just such a shame it came to be like this...

:sobbing:

No promo, no sales. :saycheese:

And the Make Mess Video?

And the microphone on VMA?

The second single?

Glory on Festivals?

I'm sad because RCA is trash and Larry is lazy. Britney is finally at the point, but only her. :cricket:

2 hours ago, Taystee said:

Are you honestly shocked tbh? It's a shame though... She literally released her best album in YEARS and her team/label still found a way to **** it up.

:nothavingit:

This, the worst team!

3 hours ago, Resimaniac said:

agreed

Tbh, i kind of expected this when Hands came out. The performance of thst song shocked me but its not surprising. Britney has, unfortunately, become chart posion. It started around Ooh La La really, but when GMA 2013 happened, a BIG portion of her hardcore fanbase wrote her off, evidenced by Work *****'s steep decline immediately afterwards.

If you think about it, this was kind of inevitable. Britney's flame burned too bright during 2007-2011. She racked up #1s with barely any promo while other girls struggled thanks to the hard work of her fanbase and because everyone was so tuned in to her life. Now with streaming and social media, music and celebrities have become disposable, and add the fact that she showed almost no interest in her career for 5+ years while slaying, she basically used up all her ammo, so to speak.

There's still a chance to regain public interest, but Glory shows that promoting and performing now after almost 10 years of avoiding it, its kind of too little too late.

Archived