Forbes article about Glory :(

Gloray

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Clumsywhore said:

So did the lack of support from the fans. Instead of supporting her, some ******* were more worried about a ******* album cover, a scrapped music video and all the drama. The fans made it a big issue to even go as far as make a petition to change an album cover. Instead of being embracing they made it worse, and imo killed the era. Along with no communication from the team, everything just fell apart. 

Oh well, at least the album is flawless 

:drinky:

Fans don't have to take everything an artist gives them especially when they allude and tease something and then release an inferior video without so much as an explanation. Your fans and the general public are your bread and butter when you are an entertainer. While people may not like everything, after Britney Jean, her and her team needed to regain the general public and reverse the negative press the last two eras did to her brand and reputation as a live performer. The album itself stands as a great addition and mature direction to her growth as an artist but they continue to market her like she's still in Ariana's or other pop girls' league. Britney is a icon and it's a shame rather than displaying this prestige, her team has gotten very cheap and made her look like a tired, nostalgic act when there's some so much potential and creativity Britney could bring to the pop world but don't. We got the IG snaps, the leaked bits and her manager rather than give an actual explanation over the video, said it defensively as if the consumers don't have a right to info they purchase or are buying into. The fans do damage but Britney and co play a larger part in why the general public and fans aren't supporting her as much.

1 hour ago, Clumsywhore said:

The ones in here complaining about her lip singing, her promotional ways, her PR team, and everything in between are THE SAME BROKE ******* that haven't even bought the album so WTF are u even wondering why she's not selling?? You broke ***** could barely afford a $1 Mc Chicken from McDonald's yet alone a flawless $20 album. Poor you!!!!

I pray you have an income soon

:donewithit:

Actually, some purchased the single, digital and physical copies but her fanbase cannot keep her album positions afloat for very long. Buying the same album again and again isn't the fans' duty, she needs the general public to push great album and single sales. She's promoting yes but much dust is being given to the record itself and more to POM and moving it's ticket sales. To the public, MM and it's horrible video are what they think of Britney and the VMAs' was polarizing especially with Beyonce upstaging her. If she and her label want Britney to be a driving force in pop, she has to bring it and I don't mean be primeney but definitely invest more in visuals (costumes, creative and iconic videos, and better choreography suited to her advantage) but enough to wow people into seeing the performer she's always been and how far she's come since 2007 and FFT/BJ eras.

This is so sad and so true :kidcries:

In my opinion, what fails is that Britney doesn't reinvent herself aesthetically since 2011.

Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Glory can be summarized in Leotardsney and Vegasney. She should make another themed era. In part that's what made Britney a legend: with every era she reinvented herself.

BOMT - School girl

Oops - **** girl

Britney - Hot girl

ITZ - Urban vibe / Badass attitude

Blackout - dark era / war against media

Circus - Circus themed

And then we have FF, BJ and Glory - Leotards and armography :selenerz: 

She really needs to reinvent herself.

1 hour ago, Dollanganger said:

Fans don't have to take everything an artist gives them especially when they allude and tease something and then release an inferior video without so much as an explanation. Your fans and the general public are your bread and butter when you are an entertainer. While people may not like everything, after Britney Jean, her and her team needed to regain the general public and reverse the negative press the last two eras did to her brand and reputation as a live performer. The album itself stands as a great addition and mature direction to her growth as an artist but they continue to market her like she's still in Ariana's or other pop girls' league. Britney is a icon and it's a shame rather than displaying this prestige, her team has gotten very cheap and made her look like a tired, nostalgic act when there's some so much potential and creativity Britney could bring to the pop world but don't. We got the IG snaps, the leaked bits and her manager rather than give an actual explanation over the video, said it defensively as if the consumers don't have a right to info they purchase or are buying into. The fans do damage but Britney and co play a larger part in why the general public and fans aren't supporting her as much.

Actually, some purchased the single, digital and physical copies but her fanbase cannot keep her album positions afloat for very long. Buying the same album again and again isn't the fans' duty, she needs the general public to push great album and single sales. She's promoting yes but much dust is being given to the record itself and more to POM and moving it's ticket sales. To the public, MM and it's horrible video are what they think of Britney and the VMAs' was polarizing especially with Beyonce upstaging her. If she and her label want Britney to be a driving force in pop, she has to bring it and I don't mean be primeney but definitely invest more in visuals (costumes, creative and iconic videos, and better choreography suited to her advantage) but enough to wow people into seeing the performer she's always been and how far she's come since 2007 and FFT/BJ eras.

Right? Like so many people here bought the album 5+ times. Even if we bought it 20xs it wouldn't even match the amount of copies the GP would purchase if they were even remotely interested in Glory. But let's keep yelling at the ppl who actually bought the album for this. Not the mediocre Hilary duff video. It says something when sometimes jumps on the iTunes Charts because a random contestant sings it on Xfactor but Britney performing her own songs during Apple Music video does nothing. :shameless:

I ******* hate when the word flop is used incorrectly. An album with as much quality as Glory should not have to be called a flop. It is totally disrespectful to the body of work on the album and the artist.

An album like BJ though for example which isn't good with sales or quality deserves the term flop.

I am so upset that so many of you agree with calling it a flop when it's the best album she's done since Blackout! A flop is something that is horrible sales wise and quality wise not something bad sales wise but with great quality.

The term 'under-performed' would have been more fitting but I guess Forbes and yall just love to throw around the word 'flop'!

Glory is not a flop at all. Just because it under-performed does not mean it flopped!

It is a fantastic and beautiful album and it really doesn't deserve to be called something so disrespectful. People can call me a 'Britard' all they want but it won't change my view on things :nothavingit:

6 hours ago, Crayboy said:

Pure truth.

In Britney's degense however, she's been in Vegas for the last three years, lip syncs and doesn't do proper choreo for songs other than maybe Gimme More, BTI & Work *****

all of these factors have led to this. The horrendous release and promo of MM & video didn't help either.

Could Britney have a number 1 album again? Easily. Does she need to GTFO out of vegas, sing live and dance better? Yes.

Preach...preach!

4 hours ago, fatal.attraction said:

People arent simply interested in britney spears anymore.. its simple as it sounds.

there are acts with less promotional campaigns than glory sell millions and britney cant even crack a platinum sale to make me and glory..

its disturbing yet at the same time im not THAT annoyed. The album is amazing and no one can deny that

but if britney really needs to be hugely loved again she needs to be OVER THE TOP PROMOTIONAL. And im not talking radio deals or good music videos or interviews!! NO!!

This too.  Britney isn't really that relevant nowadays.  However, she definitely has made an impact in the industry and many people know her classic songs. 

1 hour ago, RobRocks said:

This is so sad and so true :kidcries:

In my opinion, what fails is that Britney doesn't reinvent herself aesthetically since 2011.

Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Glory can be summarized in Leotardsney and Vegasney. She should make another themed era. In part that's what made Britney a legend: with every era she reinvented herself.

BOMT - School girl

Oops - **** girl

Britney - Hot girl

ITZ - Urban vibe / Badass attitude

Blackout - dark era / war against media

Circus - Circus themed

And then we have FF, BJ and Glory - Leotards and armography :selenerz: 

She really needs to reinvent herself.

We have the

Femme Fatale :lessons: - Femme Fatale

The Vegas Showgirl Personal Mother - Britney Jean

and The Vegas Showgirl Nasty ***** Inspired Mother. - Glory :lessons: 

no lies detected! He split the tea and wasnt that rude. He was actually nice. I am way more rude talking how Glory is dead. how it flopped, because her team is the shittest ever on earth. Its unbelievable how a album like glory which almost every song can be a potential single is already dead with only one single and even with this one they failed at making their video. They even killed MM. Britney and her team need to WAKE UP and revive Glory!! Wtf are they waiting for? the 2nd single should be out by now and 3rd for the winter, but we are only getting 2nd this year with some lucky. They need to make a smash videoclip and promote it, otherwise bye bye RIP glory for good

3 hours ago, Don't Keep Me Waiting said:

Britney's been around so long now that people take her for granted. It happens with every big star. Do you see Elton John, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen selling 10 million albums?

There are probably a number of reasons why Glory has charted so poorly, but I can tell you it has nothing to do with promo, lip-synching, or her performances. She promoted Glory harder than she has any album ever save for maybe the Britney album. She's lipped her whole career, yet still managed to sell 100 million records, so I doubt that people suddenly care. Her performances have mostly been well-received. The only one that got a little backlash was the VMAs, and mostly because people expect Britney to be over the top and she wasn't.

The truth is, at this point in her career it's more about quality than quantity.

I love your statement. I agree with you, and as much as I love her live vocals, she used to lipsync so well...even in ballads...that it was honestly impressive...it was like an art form. However in terms of quality over quantity...she broke down mentally...she speaks differently, even in terms of general conversation...I'm amazed she can record music, in her condition. Truth be told her level of quality as an artist is NOT what it was, before. Her next to her competitors resembles someone's 'cool mom' at a high school party...at least that's the impression she gives off. Yes, we're used to her Femme Fatale faces, etc...but the public think its odd because...they don't have mental issues. For a mentally challenged person, she does pretty well. It's like someone playing basketball in a wheelchair...it's impressive...until Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan show up...that's the problem. Brit's a wheelchair-basketball player while her competition are not disabled as she is...it's an unfair playing field for her. The equalizer is her voice...she, like them...can still sing. That is why live vocals trump performance choreography...at least, today, with Britney.

in terms of quality over quantity...she broke down mentally...she speaks differently, even in terms of general conversation...I'm amazed she can record music, in her condition. Truth be told her level of quality as an artist is NOT what it was, before. Her next to her competitors resembles someone's 'cool mom' at a high school party...at least that's the impression she gives off. Yes, we're used to her Femme Fatale faces, etc...but the public think its odd because...they don't have mental issues. For a mentally challenged person, she does pretty well. It's like someone playing basketball in a wheelchair...it's impressive...until Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan show up...that's the problem. Britney is like a wheelchair-basketball player on the court among the more able-bodied competition...it's an unfair playing field for her. The equalizer is her voice...she, like them...can still sing. That is why live vocals trump performance choreography...at least, today, with Britney.

theyre acknowledging that it deserves to be doing better (pun intended), and should be doing better given that its britney spears.

the subtext of this article is "flop team flop team flop team"

ALSO I dont consider many of her promo appearances true promo for glory. they promote 'britney spears' and cite her old hits. thats not gonna inspire ppl to view her as an artist who is still growing creatively. its just looking back on her hits from when she was a decade younger. or more! BAH

At first the article was semi-critical, harsh and quite derogatory to Britney and her legacy. But in terms of Glory pertaining to sales alone I can see some truth in the article. They just didn't have to go overboard in slandering Britney's name I believe. Anyway I'm not going to let one critical review/article deter my opinion of Glory. And in terms of the GP, all you have to do is look at all the 4 and 5 star reviews on iTunes to get their opinion of the album so that rules out anyone saying it's a bad product. It's just inefficient promotion from team Britney that caused this to not sell as well as it would. Bad management is a major tangent here but we could talk about it all day it's not going to change a single thing. I just hope Britney herself has something spectacular planned in the next few months and her team actually listens to her artistic direction or she just go rogue and hire a new manager tbh :NYnod: 

The only thing that is incorrect here is regarding FFT. Her last two albums being commercial disappointments? That's an exaggeration. I think if anything can be said for Femme Fatale, it's that it charted well.

I get it can be upsetting to read when people checking for headlines read the word 'flop' (which is annoying), but the article itself is centered in fact.

Archived