Forbes article about Glory :(

Gloray

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barbie Spears said:

This seems to be one of the foundational issues on why she's unable to connect with the audience tbh.

I don't like that "Britney" seems to equal late 90s/early 2000s to a lot of people. Just by that connection, she feels very outdated despite the fact that there are many artists her age or older than her who are still "relevant". These artists were able to keep reinventing themselves to stay current and make sure their fans didn't end up drowning in nostalgia. 

Britney is a key example on how bad marketing (or lack of marketing) can lead to even a high-quality product (i.e. Glory) flopping.

It's flopping because they aren't focusing on it. She should be performing a good chunk of the album during promo events. 

I agree. None of it makes sense....

I think it's unprofessional for them to call album a "flop" in the tittle. They could replace that word at least with something less offensive. Looks like an act of hate for me, and they look like they're trying to get some attention using Britney's name as an instrument, and it's not good at all.

This is the truth.She has a great album,she's creative and excited but something is going wrong.We can all see that.This is not about Britney Spears herself,it's about her team,her label and their commercial faults.I'm hoping that they will fix this with all the next gigs.Even tho it's one of the best albums of hers in years,there's no need to act like she's still appealing to people.This is a commercial problem,not artistic.

Also i loved her VMA performance,I think it was so great but she needed something sensational (sadly people need that).Her or/and her team's confidence caused this dropping sales since Britney Jean era.I'm sure they know that (not Larry,i think he lost his vision lately).

**Calling a legend's album "flop" isn't professional at all! I would never expect this from them! 

1 minute ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

This is the truth.She has a great album,she's creative and excited but something is going wrong.We can all see that.This is not about Britney Spears herself,it's about her team,her label and their commercial faults.I'm hoping that they will fix this with all the next gigs.Even tho it's one of the best albums of hers in years,there's no need to act like she's still appealing to people.This is a commercial problem,not artistic.

Also i loved her VMA performance,I think it was so great but she needed something sensational (sadly people need that).Her or/and her team's confidence caused this dropping sales since Britney Jean era.I'm sure they know that (not Larry,i think he lost his vision lately).

It's everyone's fault. Britney is part of the team. 

2 minutes ago, Clumsywhore said:

**** them. I mean, even tho everything is true, they shouldn't make it a big deal specially since she hasn't even released a 2nd single. 

IMO the whole MM music video things RUINED this entire era.

So did the lack of communication. 

Just now, Spearsfan said:

It's everyone's fault. Britney is part of the team. 

So did the lack of communication. 

You're right but her team is there to show her to right way.I wouldn't know if she'd go to the right way but i don't feel like they are truly showing her.For the first time since 2003,she actually wants to be out there by herself.I believe she would try harder to make things better if she was informed correctly about her brand's wrong marketing strategies.

Seems like she knows because she told that she's aware of the sales and charts and cares..That means she's going to do something about it.She booked a lot of gigs since she said that after all :) 

she wont sell any albums as long as she sticks with those lazy dance/arm moves and stick with promoting her OLD songs.
like seriously whats the point of performing womanizer? work *****? lol. she didnt promote the Glory album. she only promoted the POM. and thats what u get for not promoting and not dancing good enough.:wannadie:

31 minutes ago, button said:

It's really not. The main reason she's underperforming is because of Femme Fatale and Britney Jean (especially), albums she was forced to do due to the conservatorship. RCA literally hijacked Britney Jean's original concept and made her record dance pop songs.

She ain't gonna sell millions by singing living here and there, after years of image tarnishing. The effect those last 5 years had on her career is not reversible I'm afraid.

It's completely reversible. Everyone loved her because she put on incredible high energy shows filled with choreography! Even if you didn't like her you still watched her. If (which let's be real, will most likely never happen) she decides to get her **** together, performance wise, and takes the time to challenge herself and actually ******* do choreography that wows people she can easily be boost her career. There's NO doubt in my mind that if Britney still performed like primeney she would be just as big as Beyoncé is now. Britney just seems very out of touch with how the music business is changing, she's stuck in the wrong era. She doesn't listen to new music, she's not out here checking out other artists performances(when is the last time Britney has went to another performers concert?) to see what all is new, she's just simply doing what people pre-plan for her. Seeing IABJ documentary showed me how Britney isn't the mastermind behind anything. People pre plan for her and she just says yes or no or "I like cheesy, cheesy is good." She's gotta step it up but that'll only happen if she wants it bad enough 

Not to mention a lot of us are feeling kinda over it all too... the fan base is slowly dying out. I mean we've all been waiting like 9 years for the return of Britney as a performer to happen but it just isn't happening. We were all SOOOO stoked last fall when she actually started acting energized but I think we're all slowly realizing that we shouldn't be excited because she looks happy on stage... that should be a given. We shouldn't be happy when Britney puts more energy into a routine then a previous time because she should be giving it her all, all the time! That's what makes a performer a great performer! Ok rant over !

(also just so this post isn't so negative, Glory is incredible and I listen to it 1003939x a day)

5 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

It's completely reversible. Everyone loved her because she put on incredible high energy shows filled with choreography! Even if you didn't like her you still watched her. If (which let's be real, will most likely never happen) she decides to get her **** together, performance wise, and takes the time to challenge herself and actually ******* do choreography that wows people she can easily be boost her career. There's NO doubt in my mind that if Britney still performed like primeney she would be just as big as Beyoncé is now. Britney just seems very out of touch with how the music business is changing, she's stuck in the wrong era. She doesn't listen to new music, she's not out here checking out other artists performances(when is the last time Britney has went to another performers concert?) to see what all is new, she's just simply doing what people pre-plan for her. Seeing IABJ documentary showed me how Britney isn't the mastermind behind anything. People pre plan for her and she just says yes or no or "I like cheesy, cheesy is good." She's gotta step it up but that'll only happen if she wants it bad enough 

She should leave her comfort zone a bit and go and explore. Jlo did that and actually beat Britney at the Vegas box office.  

It's all true, but they seem to completely skip over the realities that made Glory a flop:

Her horrible team that has zero touch with any relevant promotion and marketing; Her lack of actually promoting the album itself in basically any capacity (sorry, but promoting a lead single and one buzz track that was released prior to the album release does NOT offer any exposure on the album itself); and NO follow up singles or videos or visuals past the lead single.

This album has zero chance atm :beynah:

This is not a Britney who's promoting like ITZney and having BJ numbers. This is another era of FF-at-best promotion (iHeart and AMF count little because they work to promote Vegas and Britney's past hits, rather than her current release) in a post-BJ world. :beynah:

Archived