What is the reason why 'Liar' generates so much consensus on Exhale?

Maryy

pretty much everybody seems to like the song... there are expects of course, but the majority of the people like it :mhm:

i wonder why... :thinkney:

i mean... the song itself it's not the most original one, not even her vocals are showing much power neither they are clear as Do You Wanna Come Over or Just Like Me or Change Your Mind. the thing that can be actually highlighted is the lyrics. i get that

it's a regular contemporary pop song with those country (?) little beats throughout the whole song... but that's it, imo.

i'm not even bashing the song, 'cause it's been growing on me through the time. it's just that there obviously more rich songs in the album than Liar, as a whole.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was Poll on Britney.com that asked what should be the next single:

1. Slumber Party

2. Liar

3.Just Luv Me

Some people started saying Liar was better than Slumber Party and the "slumber Party" fans got upset and started bashing "Liar".

In the end, Slumber Party would still be a weaker single.

2 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

There was Poll on Britney.com that asked what should be the next single:

1. Slumber Party

2. Liar

3.Just Luv Me

Some people started saying Liar was better than Slumber Party and the "slumber Party" fans got upset and started bashing "Liar".

In the end, Slumber Party would still be a weaker single.

:thinkney:

4 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Not you too. Don't start! :ricackle:

:quirkney:

:shameless:

4 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Liar is the definition of a Britney song. Whether you like it or not it's a Toxic/Womanizer kind of song. It's purr Britney. It's in my opinion one if the most original song. It really sounds like an anthem. Britney sounds confident as hell, has attitude, she is agressive and that's exactly what is so good about it. The lyrics are amazing, the melody is amazing, it's a song she could have released 10 years ago and would have been a huge hit. 

i get what you are saying but... i bet it could be a hit song 10 years ago more easily than now, tbfqh. :blurp:

2 minutes ago, tsss said:

the lyrics :martin:

but I want Britney to evolve as an artist, Liar is too old school 

it is, indeed. :boredashell:

it's very Britney but i think that it sounds a little bit dated  :howiroll: 

plus, i'm not a fan of her vocal effects during the chorus. :zoomzoom:

1 minute ago, Kamikazee said:

Liar has that Britney sound that she lost over the last few years cuz she was making basic *** lyrics EDM that ***** bottoms here like.

Liar for the second single!!! :letitburn:

that's what seduces me on the song... the non-*** and EDM themes. i'm getting tired of it and people are getting tired of it too. but in the end, that's what Britney was all about during most of the times in her career so... it's a difficult lol 

31 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Liar is the definition of a Britney song. Whether you like it or not it's a Toxic/Womanizer kind of song. It's pure Britney. It's in my opinion one if the most original song. It really sounds like an anthem. Britney sounds confident as hell, has attitude, she is agressive and that's exactly what is so good about it. The lyrics are amazing, the melody is amazing, it's a song she could have released 10 years ago and would have been a huge hit. 

This!

With a badass video it should slay!! the anthems she has released recently (minus MM unfortunately) have been quite succesfull, thats why I think Liar could do fairly ok with GP. BUT there are other songs with other special qualities that could slay in the clubs for example. Glory is full of potential!

Yeah, as we've all agreed, it's classic Britney and fits well with the rest of her breakup anthems. I like it, personally, but I'm still Team Just Pick Well. Or now Team I Will Take Whatever, Are We Even Getting a Second. But I do know plenty of people who love it, and it's my best friend's favorite song from Glory. I do agree that with the right video, it could be a hit.

I kind of feel that way about most of the album, however.

Liar is one of my all time favourite songs in general I am obsessed with it, sometimes I skip the entire album to Liar just to listen to it, it is a standout track for me and I will NEVER ever understand the hate or dislike or indifference it gets on here. If you are a fan of Britney then you should love Liar. It has Britney written all over it whether you think it sounds dated or old school. It doesn't change the fact that it is a ******* brilliant song and you can stay pressed tbh.

The only thing that is outdated is your opinion TBQFLH :NYnod:

Archived