Since when did you started stanning for Brit?

Stifler's Mom

Since when did you started stanning for Brit?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Amanda1822 said:

BOMT era I was 7 and I'm 25 now. I even had that badass blow up chair. I did avoid joining exhale for a long time but I looked at breatheheavy every day. Anyone remember when BritneySpy.com was a thing?  

I do remember Britneyspy.com it was my go to site. Once I launched my own website back in 2007 (pieceofbritney.com)  I even messaged the guy and thanked him for being such a good source of Britney for me for years. Aw good ol times.

From the BOMT era. I was into the Spice Girls and they'd just released Viva Forever and Geri had left, so when Britney stepped up I immediately started stanning. I still can't remember where exactly on MTV I saw the BOMT mv, but I was sold from that moment on. I was on the old WorldofBritney.com forums back when it was around and Ruben ran it. :blol:

14 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Neither of the two vote options :lanacackle:

I became a stan during the Blackout Era when I was only 9. Gimme More was what set me up for stan status :comingthru:

Also I remember crying when I saw that Britney had a breakdown in 2007 (even though I was so young). I just felt really bad for her when I saw it :crying2:

Oh twins!! :idkney: I never liked Britney before, I thought she was just dumb and too mainstream, too perfect, didn't interest me. After Blackout and all that mess I saw her humanity and weaknesses and I started following her and cheering for her. Plus Blackout music was amazing and fresh, so new!

I have been with Britney since her first casset y'all. I came out when I was 19 but honestly y'all, the signs could'a started with Britney when I was 7.

*******, I would sneak my little gay *** into my sister's room and play BOMT for hours. I remember when Oops came out I would take my sister's CD behind the shed at my parents' house and secretly listen to her on my walkman. When slave came out, I not by choice was separated by Brit from my mother. 

Too provocative for a child I suppose. After the trauma of losing Britney I moved on. I wasn't there with her for the slayage on Britney or ITZ. I wish I could have been. However, 2007 rolled around my younger brother (also gay) had a illegal download of piece of me. There was a Sassy gay guy's voice talking over the track at verse 2 shouting (lovvvvvve itttt, lovvvvvve it!). Since that was happening I assumed the beat sounded that way (the glitchy whip sound) because it was an illegal download (not shade!). I never got into Blackout when it was out because I felt a very ominous force around it for some reason that kept me away. When Circus came out (a.k.a Brit's best era) I was completely slayed. I got Circus, listened to all the unreleased tracks and then bought blackout. Idk why blackout used to scare the **** out of me. I guess the music was spooky. I could never listen to 'Get Back' on my own. *******, it terrified me!

Anyways..  losing tack her. Long story short, started at the beginning, we lost each other but since Circus I have never stayed and remained completely slayed. Good times and bad. 

2 minutes ago, kfitz421 said:

I have been with Britney since her first casset y'all. I came out when I was 19 but honestly y'all, the signs could'a started with Britney when I was 7.

*******, I would sneak my little gay *** into my sister's room and play BOMT for hours. I remember when Oops came out I would take my sister's CD behind the shed at my parents' house and secretly listen to her on my walkman. When slave came out, I not by choice was separated by Brit from my mother. 

Too provocative for a child I suppose. After the trauma of losing Britney I moved on. I wasn't there with her for the slayage on Britney or ITZ. I wish I could have been. However, 2007 rolled around my younger brother (also gay) had a illegal download of piece of me. There was a Sassy gay guy's voice talking over the track at verse 2 shouting (lovvvvvve itttt, lovvvvvve it!). Since that was happening I assumed the beat sounded that way (the glitchy whip sound) because it was an illegal download (not shade!). I never got into Blackout when it was out because I felt a very ominous force around it for some reason that kept me away. When Circus came out (a.k.a Brit's best era) I was completely slayed. I got Circus, listened to all the unreleased tracks and then bought blackout. Idk why blackout used to scare the **** out of me. I guess the music was spooky. I could never listen to 'Get Back' on my own. *******, it terrified me!

Anyways..  losing tack her. Long story short, started at the beginning, we lost each other but since Circus I have never stayed and remained completely slayed. Good times and bad. 

sounds a bit tragic tho, you just missed the best britney eras? Britney? Itz? Blackout? Blackout was scary? Were you scared for being gay? I'm confused:orangu:

I remember seeing the Toxic video on TV when I was 5 and I wasn't allowed to look at it because she was wearing her nude jewel suit. :quirkney: but that's when I started knowing who she was. Also, I loved Everytime so much :embarrassney:

Then, all of a sudden in 2008, her name started reappearing and Circus completely made me start following her again. I was actively engaged in her music during FF and didn't pay much attention to BJ. Now I'm here again :) 

12 minutes ago, jesusd29 said:

I knew about her when i was 9-10, (when circus came out) and i started loving all her music, but i started stanning her before scream and shout, that's the first song i remember waiting for it to be released. (i'm 18 now) :carpoolney:

You were waiting for Scream and Shout to be released:bthink:

I've always been a fan since day 1 (BOMT), when that came out i was only 7 years old so i don't have that many memories of those early years, then around 2003-2004 i would buy star magazine from my corner deli store to see if britney was featured on it, some were and some were not. around 2005-2006, i wasn't following that much on her but i would still see her on magazines and what not. But the night of the head shaving thats when i went full research on britney (looking for britney fan sites, during that time i was on britneyexperts.com) ever since that, the rest is history.

Archived