As a non US/UK citizen, what's the popularity of Make Me among GP there?

Marcanthony

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother, who is not a fan, know of MM because he heard it in the Jimmy Kimmel appearance when his co-worker was watching it at their desk.

He knows about the new album because of me. Slay 4 me :moorangu:

But no, no one else I know, knows about Glory or MM here in Toronto (Canada), can't speak for the entire city. My sis, who's also a fan, is 17 and her high school friends don't know either. They say the last they heard of Britney was that song that goes "woah oh oh oh oh oah" (Slay TTWE's impact :queenie:)

Britney is pretty non existent here since S&S as far as I know. :kidcries:

39 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

My brother, who is not a fan, know of MM because he heard it in the Jimmy Kimmel appearance when his co-worker was watching it at their desk.

He knows about the new album because of me. Slay 4 me :moorangu:

But no, no one else I know, knows about Glory or MM here in Toronto (Canada), can't speak for the entire city. My sis, who's also a fan, is 17 and her high school friends don't know either. They say the last they heard of Britney was that song that goes "woah oh oh oh oh oah" (Slay TTWE's impact :queenie:)

Same, I'm from Toronto and there's virtually no hype :embarrassney:

42 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

Exact same situation in Italy :moorangu:

19 minutes ago, hleeeee said:

Same, I'm from Toronto and there's virtually no hype :embarrassney:

14 minutes ago, rhaul said:

Exact same situation in Italy :moorangu:

And there I was trying to spread the good word of the lord to everyone I know that our saviour Godney has released new music, but to no avail :queenie:

I even made my entire family and 2 neighbors watch the VMAs with me. My biggest mistake of the year tbh it backfired :gloria:

So here's my analysis:

Make Me has had a lot of success across most platforms in the US, but none of them aligned at the same time.  

When the single dropped, it was SUPER well-received, well-reviewed... Had VERY good numbers considering today's industry state.

Unfortunately, it came out during a competitive week.  If it came out the week after, it would have stayed #1 on iTunes for the full first week.

Radio supported it more than I anticipated it would.  I live in LA and honestly heard it 2-3 times a day for the first 30-40 days it was out.

Then the video kind of cheapened the allure of the song.  It diminished the excitement of a "Britney Comeback"

#1 peak on iTunes, combined with an additional 2 full weeks at #2, as well as reaching Top 20 on Radio... That's all HUGE.

I think for those who weren't already in-the-know about Make Me, successful tv programs introduced it to a lot of the public- Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen, James Corden.

Everything was a steady uphill climb to the VMAs, which paled in comparison to Beyoncé's performance... And then the momentum was gone, and radio quite literally dropped the song completely.  Genuinely haven't heard the song played since... Yet "We Are Young" by Fun. and random P!nk and Bruno Mars songs get played upwards of 10x a day...

So I think at this point, the GP is AWARE of Make Me... perhaps not hooked on it like they are with Drake, Rihanna, Justin Bieber songs because they aren't being FORCE-FED the song like they are with those artists.  

You have to realize over a half-million people LEGALLY OWN the song, with many average music listeners listening to it sporadically on streaming services.

The ALBUM, however, really NO ONE knows exists, with the exception of avid pop music fans.  This is such a shame because it's really one of her best.

The album needs to be pimped out in some public fashion and really get some exposure.

Right now in America, the GP's mindset seems to be "oh cool, Britney's back with a good song! And she's still in Vegas.  So when she releases a new album and tours, I'll have to see that."

14 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

And there I was trying to spread the good word of the lord to everyone I know that our saviour Godney has released new music, but to no avail :queenie:

I even made my entire family and 2 neighbors watch the VMAs with me. My biggest mistake of the year tbh it backfired :gloria:

:queenie:

Archived