Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barbiebrit said:

Guys this was a really bad performance. Britney should just quit performing as she simply does not have it anymore. Way too many repetitive moves, running around. Nothing new, nothing iconic. She looked great but I cannot believe they allowed this to happen. This only kills her reputation. I am embarassed. And I know many of you are too but will not admit it out loud.... We can all agree that she did the same thing through out.... Another hyped let down. Will always love my brit though...

I honestly think Britney is just going through the "pop star" motions at this point. She's doing it because it's expected of her to do it but there is NO passion.

Britney will NOT have a long career ahead of her like many music legends have. She is literally milking her name until it runs out.

11 minutes ago, Britney&janet4eva said:

I love the fact that she was more sensual with her movements and I also felt that this performance was better than the last two. The problem is the lipsyncing and the fact that she added the missy segment when she could've added her new music. I love Britney still and all she needs.....I'm telling you is to sit her *** on a chair and sing a ballad that's it. Seriously though this was the best performance this era though!!!!!!!!!! My poor Britney got tired though!!!!

Yes she did get tired. Poor thing. I agree. A live ballad over sloppy moves/running around any day. Proud of her stepping outside her comfort zone but just wished she moved better :(

4 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

This was Britney's longest, non-stop TV performance (outside of a tour) since at least 2003/2004. I could tell that she was getting really tired and winded towards the end, which is understandable. I don't feel like she would've been as winded if she would've taken a few minutes to interact with the audience, or play a slow song ("Man on the Moon" or "Just Luv Me"). Honestly, she was kind of imprisoned by the lip-syncing. She really can't show much emotion or interact with the audience because she has to make sure that she is moving her lips according to the playback, and starting when it starts - that definitely takes a lot of life and passion out of the performance: for the performer and the audience.

WHY did she completely repeat the VMA performance, though? Like... literally, she repeated it word for word, motion for motion?

She also kind of repeated BBMA too?

I was expecting something different, but she basically just performed the BBMA's, VMA's, and POM over again. The only thing different was her outfit - and I must say her outfit was KILLER. I LOVED IT! That was probably my favorite part of the whole performance. Do other artists repeat award show performances at other televised music events? I just.... ugh. I was prepared to be slayed by something new, different (in the eternal words of Britney), and FRESH. But this was just the same old stuff - literally, EXACTLY the same.

So, overall, I am so proud of her for performing such a long set and actually getting up there on another live, music event, but I wish she would've done something different and unexpected - like the BBMA's. Are a few live vocals or re-recorded vocals too much to ask for, though? For god's sake, maybe it was just my live feed but the lip-syncing looked out of sync!

Not slayed, not horribly disappointed... just "meh". Hoping the apple/iTunes festival is better....

She had just as much, if not more, changes here than she did in the BBMA performance. She changed the intro and turned the choreography into a duet for Slave and the Toxic intro was pretty different as well. Hopefully she performs more new material during Apple Music. 

Archived