Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

She does not understand that there's no thing as "I have nothing to prove anymore". Humans have to evolve and prove they can get better and better and better. Humans need to get better. It doesn't matter what you do, whether you are a cook who's trying to learn to prepare as many dishes as possible and actually trying to make 'em perfectly or a pop star who has to show the new generation why they're a pop star. What you did in the past won't make you stay on top of the world forever. 

She has a lot more to prove. She has to prove she can still dance like it's actually dancing. She has to prove she can sing live. She has to prove she still wants to be in the music industry. I do not blame her if she does not want to 'cause what she went through was more than tough and people bashing her was just unnecessary. 

Madonna didn't gain the title "Queen of Pop" by thinking "I have nothing to prove anymore". Mariah did not slay the world when everybody was saying she lost it by not wanting to prove anything anymore. And that's what Briti fans don't understand. It's not like she doesn't have to prove anything anymore it's she simply does not want to ...when she desperately needs to. This is an important point in her career. 

This. At first, people clapped to see she got back on her feet, but she can't use the "I-had-a-breakdown" excuse anymore when she's clearly healthy enough to do better. Now the bar is, "can she still bring it like before?" And if the answer is 'no', she will kill her legacy. These live shows are doing that: making her the hasbeen Vegas queen we were dreading. I can't support the decline. I want her to excel, not be happy with her D-level performances.

5 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

She does not understand that there's no thing as "I have nothing to prove anymore". Humans have to evolve and prove they can get better and better and better. Humans need to get better. It doesn't matter what you do, whether you are a cook who's trying to learn to prepare as many dishes as possible and actually trying to make 'em perfectly or a pop star who has to show the new generation why they're a pop star. What you did in the past won't make you stay on top of the world forever. 

She has a lot more to prove. She has to prove she can still dance like it's actually dancing. She has to prove she can sing live. She has to prove she still wants to be in the music industry. I do not blame her if she does not want to 'cause what she went through was more than tough and people bashing her was just unnecessary. 

Madonna didn't gain the title "Queen of Pop" by thinking "I have nothing to prove anymore". Mariah did not slay the world when everybody was saying she lost it by not wanting to prove anything anymore. And that's what Briti fans don't understand. It's not like she doesn't have to prove anything anymore it's she simply does not want to ...when she desperately needs to. This is an important point in her career. 

I love you for posting this...thank you for challenging that point. Nobody wants to say it because I swear they're scared she'll buzz her scalp, again. If that's the case...maybe she needs to. I'll take a bald britney that isn't afraid to sing over a long haired dancer who's redundant.

2 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

I'm not saying this because I'm biased or whatever but my friend loves beyonce and always forces me to watch her performances with him and to me she really is boring. She does the same thing over and over again and I'm considered "GP" here who only watched her awardshows. 

Different tastes, I guess? Look I'm not defending Bey in any way. I hate her :moorangu: But a "GP person" watching Brit could also say about her exactly what you just said about Bey, right? She's boring, lipsyncs, same old hairflips, tired old dance routines, cheerleader outfit, etc. 

But I'm just trying to be a little objective here. For one, Beyonce actually sings live. Yes she lips here and there, but she SINGS live. That in itself, for me, puts Britney at second place by default. And it's not like we can defend Brit's lipping with extreme intricate choreo. Maybe in 2004. 

So yeah, I'm not in anyway trying to downplay Britney. She was AMAAAZING last night. To say that she's improved is an understatement. Her performance skills has greatly improved since POM started, the one thing I can actually thank Vegas for. She's doing her thing and doing great.

But Beyonce is just in another plane of existence. And I don't just say that for Brit. That applies to every other popstar. You know how they say don't stand next to ur cuter friend in pictures cus it will make u look ugly? :moorangu: Well Beyonce is that cute friend. I hate her, and I hate how good she is at projecting her image to the public. We all know she lipsyncs too but the public thiks she has this perfect voice all the time. It's how she manipulates her image, which Britney used to be good at and needs to relearn how to do I think.

Sorry for the essay. :moorangu:Brit keeps on slaying.

The thing is that nowadays, everyone seems to be mediocre. I'm not saying this to defend Britney, obvi I want her to do better, but that's something I noticed. It's like no one wants to step it up and like be iconic, like no one is iconic now which is sad :rude2me: Everyone does the same old **** over and over again but the difference is that they have a better artistic team around them, unlike Britney. That's why it's harder for Britney to do good, she just needs a better team to give her better chroreo and visuals at least, because she doesn't seem to want to step her pu$$y up tbh :rude2me:

Just now, david lachapelle said:

her dancing was very, very, very weak and she was lip syncing to 10 year old songs.

but if you're thrilled just to see her having fun, then that's great. 

Her dancing wasn't weak at all. She was sharp and fluid for the most part up until the really bad choreography for stronger and crazy came on. 

57 minutes ago, jcf523 said:

Omg hahahaha I love how she just immediately walked out when she was done. That was hilarious.

This performance was awesome, I wish there would've been more Glory cuts though, she seems to enjoy performing those much more anyway.

it was a bit rude tho... "ooooh oooooh" really? :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

I understand where you're coming from. She's been through a lot but after almost 10 years, the hope is basically gone.
I also told myself that if nothing changes in the UK (and let's be real, it won't), where the public is different, I won't care anymore about her as an artist. I might enjoy her music but I won't be following her on a daily basis.

5 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

Different tastes, I guess? Look I'm not defending Bey in any way. I hate her :moorangu: But a "GP person" watching Brit could also say about her exactly what you just said about Bey, right? She's boring, lipsyncs, same old hairflips, tired old dance routines, cheerleader outfit, etc. 

But I'm just trying to be a little objective here. For one, Beyonce actually sings live. Yes she lips here and there, but she SINGS live. That in itself, for me, puts Britney at second place by default. And it's not like we can defend Brit's lipping with extreme intricate choreo. Maybe in 2004. 

So yeah, I'm not in anyway trying to downplay Britney. She was AMAAAZING last night. To say that she's improved is an understatement. Her performance skills has greatly improved since POM started, the one thing I can actually thank Vegas for. She's doing her thing and doing great.

But Beyonce is just in another plane of existence. And I don't just say that for Brit. That applies to every other popstar. You know how they say don't stand next to ur cuter friend in pictures cus it will make u look ugly? :moorangu: Well Beyonce is that cute friend. I hate her, and I hate how good she is at projecting her image to the public. We all know she lipsyncs too but the public thiks she has this perfect voice all the time. It's how she manipulates her image, which Britney used to be good at and needs to relearn how to do I think.

Sorry for the essay. :moorangu:Brit keeps on slaying.

It's your opinion dude, what I meant is calling her the best performer out there is going too far. lol I meanI'm not saying it's Britney, but Beyonce is also not that great either. 

I posted a (now deleted because some people here are too ******* oversensitive to have healthy discussions and debates) thread highlighting some of these concerns and I'm kind of in the same boat.

I care about Britney and want nothing but happiness and success for her, but she doesn't fit my expectations for a "fave" anymore - I've accepted that. We don't have to feel bad about it, but perhaps just shift focus on performances and artists that stimulate our tastes more. It's like how Janet Jackson and the Red Hot Chili Peppers are technically my faves, but I'm not following them regularly nor am I shelling out money to see them on tour. I just accepted that their prime is over but it won't change the fact that I wish them the best and will always love the legacy they gave me as a fan.

4 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Been waiting for how many years now? Since 2007....? I have yet to be "slayed". Looking cute does not slay me. 

When the first thing someone says about her performances is "She looks hot", then....:yesokay:

I'd rather her in a turtleneck and snow boots and kick *** than "look hot" and give okay performaces.

Archived