Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

5 hours ago, the_toy said:

i passed the stronger/YDMC segment... i just kept thinking: i've seen these a lot of times ... :sobbing:

she was amazing, her energy her face her body but cmon... they keep avoiding the fact that she is using her intact voice from her teen years and then there is the fact that she has a new album out ("her baby") and doesnt give a **** about it... its really difficullt to understand her team tbh :tiffsniffle:

Her team are too childish to help her advance in her career...if she'd stayed on track post In The Zone, she would be fine...but her team seems to think that at 34...this is still acceptable...again, Britney needs a team that knows how to handle an older artist...this would be fine if she was still a teen, but at this point she's too old for this style of performance. At least Madonna plays instruments and sings occasionally...Beyonce has a fuller figure worth shaking...Britney Spears is classic white privilege at the core.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, nwonder said:

Because it would mean learning completely new routines on top of her POM routines.

Exactly. It takes time to choreograph and then put together an entirely new song on stage. And it's not just about Britney learning choreo but also all the dancers and the whole staging of the song. Whereas now they just tweaked stage performances (and borrowed light show, background visuals and etc.) from her existing catalogue, creating something from scratch would take too much resources, and she and her team is always very cost and time conscious. Also, possibly because they haven't yet decided on future singles, so they don't know in which songs to invest just yet.

Creating performances is not as easy and quick as some may think. You gotta find and hire choreographers, they take time to choreograph it, then it has to be approved and tweaked by brit. Then finding someone to create new visuals, set up lighting. Then learning the whole thing, testing and rehearsing. It takes a lot of time and a lot of coordination between so many stakeholders.

2 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

I'm sorry but if there's so much that her own fanbase is critiquing and finding embarrassing what do you think Football fans (typically straight males that have no interest in her type of music) will think of her lipsynching and awkwardly walking around the stage for 15 minutes? 

Sometimes her own fans are harder on her than non fans tbh......case in point the VMA's I had non fans telling me she was great

They're straight and don't care about her music anyways so as long as she's hot and has energy I don't think they'll care at all that she's not singing and actually a lot of artists lipsynch at the Superbowl.....Shania Twain said that they literally asked her to when she did her halftime show because they want everything to run smooth and don't want any surprises and I'm sure she would do pre-recorded vocals....Katy did that for some of hers you could tell she didn't sing everything live. Plus Britney's iHeart show was WAY more entertaining than Katy's half time show!

10 hours ago, maquisl said:

I want to turn off the sound. This is really embarrassing :sickofu:

I swear that's the point...they want to attempt to satisfy the viewers visually...which was fine in the early 2000's, but she has aged and can't keep that pace, anymore...change her hair color, her make up and her image to one more focused on music and less on presentation. If it took lip injections simply to keep her maintained...she needs an image overhaul.

13 minutes ago, Anaïs said:

I'm disappointed, again. I want to love her shows so much, but I can't, I'm bored.

The outfit is ridiculous to me, especially this skirt, I wish someday she could wear trousers or I don't know, something more classy. She doesn't really dance anyway (moving her arms and hair is not dancing). And if you don't dance, at least sing, it's supposed to be your job! 

Sorry I might be a little (a lot I confess :)) hard on her, it's just that we all know she worth more than that! I'm sick that she gives haters a reason to hate. She has amazing songs, an amazing voice, and could dance like no others. That's why it's such a waste to me. Anyway, it was good to see her. 

I must confess that I agree whole-heartedly...it is her job. She is VERY talented...but when you're so into your lipsync routine that you litterally have someone cheering you on beside you on stage and you can't turn your mic on to reciprocate...she reminded me of when she lipped alongside Rihanna's live vocals at BBMA.

8 minutes ago, Damon said:

What a ******* dumb thing to say. :sofedup:

I am sorry you feel that way.

2 minutes ago, Seel said:

'Cause she has to make new choreographies. Simple! :quirkney:

Yes but if she sang live on acoustic sitting on a chair while someone else plays guitar beside her, for example as it has done in the Oops tour, she did not have to worry about learning dance routines and promoting the album and the fans and GP would love !

2 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

It's not that they don't notice, they just don't care. She uses spectacle, lighting, energy to draw people's attention elsewhere. Same with Michael Jackson he lipped just as much as Britney but he's hardly ever criticized for it 

he lipped all the time, I agree but he was a perfectionist and did all old routines in full, no matter how sick of them he was
let's not compare his choreo with Britney's current dancing...

12 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Sometimes her own fans are harder on her than non fans tbh......case in point the VMA's I had non fans telling me she was great

They're straight and don't care about her music anyways so as long as she's hot and has energy I don't think they'll care at all that she's not singing and actually a lot of artists lipsynch at the Superbowl.....Shania Twain said that they literally asked her to when she did her halftime show because they want everything to run smooth and don't want any surprises and I'm sure she would do pre-recorded vocals....Katy did that for some of hers you could tell she didn't sing everything live. Plus Britney's iHeart show was WAY more entertaining than Katy's half time show!

The difference between Britney and artists like Shania and Katy, is that despite they may lipsync to pre-recorded vocals here and there, at the end of the day, there are hundreds of videos of them actually singing and showing their passion for singing. That's why the general public doesn't crucify them if they do it because there's usually a legit reason.

When you're Britney Spears and haven't had a legitimate live performance in almost 15 years, it starts to become quite ridiculous. Combine this with the fact that she's not performing at the caliber that brought her to fame and you're left with an underwhelming presentation of a pop star.

1 hour ago, DaRealMVP said:

The delusion. She didn't kill it. It was an ok performance, nothing else. 

I didn't watch it live, so when I saw the pictures I thought it had been huge. Her body was fire, the outfit was a-mazing, her body language seemed incredible and them I watched the performance... 

Where is the choreography? Where is the excitement? The only great part was the WB intro, nothing else!

She wasn't dancing, she was moving! There's a big difference. I mean, songs like Slave, Toxic, etc, big bangers, there were times I wanted to dance and her to dance and she was just standing there. 

As I said in a previous thread, and although I am thankful she started doing festivals and award shows again, I think she is killing her career. Her level now is mediocre to say the least and it hurts.

I am sorry for the harsh words but it exactly what I'm feeling. You might say it's the best Britney since FF but it doesn't mean it is a good Britney.

Feel free to down vote me as much as you want :sickofu:

I agree with you but in my opinion it's not Britney herself what fails but the choreographies/setlist.

If she had performed Break The Ice, Gimme More, Breathe On Me and Touch of My Hand instead of Crazy, Stronger, Toxic and Missy medley it could have been AMAZING.

It seems like her team wanted her to do a boring show. They literally picked the worst numbers from POM. The filler numbers. :mhm: 

31 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

I'm sorry but if there's so much that her own fanbase is critiquing and finding embarrassing what do you think Football fans (typically straight males that have no interest in her type of music) will think of her lipsynching and awkwardly walking around the stage for 15 minutes? 

Maybe watching at her hot body, **** moves and fierce attitude

Archived