Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, breatheheavy3 said:

Just looked that up.

Yes, the outfit is similar.

Honestly, Britney today is like double the size :( I'm not hating, she still looks amazing regardless. I just personally perhaps her very skinny, especially with her new face (NOT hating, just my preference).

I loved today's outfit (& hat and jacket), but I could do without the pigtails :P (yes, I get it, it's her throwback to BOMT).

I just wish she stopped the tanning, even if it's just makeup. Her natural skin tone suits her better and makes her look younger. But other than that I was slayed.

I do get why people would be mad, because they're judging just Currentney, and we have the album, and stuff. I mean, even I had a little meltdown after the VMA's because she performed someone else's song and her own was just half of it. But tonight was really amazing, if you think about the past years, I mean, just look back from FF era onwards. Even the Circus era didn't have this kind of performances. If they somehow showed me pictures of videos of this back in 2011, and told me that was gonna be her performing in 2016, I would've never believed it. Stronger and Crazy being performed? The Glory era might come to an end right now, and I'd be more than pleased just with that :donewithit: (jk Britney, we need six more singles)

She looked awesome and that's all I care about. Meltdown for the setlist? we should've learned what to expect after BBMA. POM numbers? Smae. Lipsyncing? It's like ya'll don't even know who you're supposedly stanning for :beynah: I do think a Glory track would've been good instead of the Missy Elliot medley, but then this wouldn't be real life.

3 minutes ago, Sebastian88 said:

Difference between icons like MJ, Mariah and Aretha is that they are still passionate about what they do. MJ was planning  a huge show shortly before he died and was giving it his all. Mariah takes her music very seriously and while she may not be as musically relevant (neither is Celine Dion), she still OWNS what she does. Aretha may not have had a lot of hits, but if you asked her to sing you something, by God she would and slay the hell out of it.

Britney rose to stardom by being an incredible performer and mediocre singer, but less than 20 years into her career, she can't even do a fraction or anything remotely close to what brought her to fame. She is literally a shell of herself.

I'm sorry, but Britney COULD have been an icon like the ones you mentioned, but putting her in the same category as MJ, Celine, Mariah, Aretha, Madonna, etc. is flat out insulting.

Yes, they appear to be passionate about what they do, but being passionate about it isn't exactly helping their careers as far as gaining any new fans and making marks in the music industry today, which is what it seemed like you were trying to say. Who are you to say Britney isn't passionate about her career, though? Because she's not dancing like she used to or performing like you want her to be? Because she's not singing live? Because she's not performing songs that you want her to perform? Britney, herself, said that she enjoys making music and it shows in her recent album and she's capable of making quality music (she even said that the direction the music was going initially wasn't what she wanted, so she changed it and got new people involved). Just because a performer isn't performing like they did 20 years ago doesn't make them any less passionate about their career than another person that talks about their music 24/7 or one that will sing on cue. 

I'm sorry to break it to you, but Britney has been put in that category not by me but by others as well and she will continue to be since she's basically the ultimate pop star of the late 90's and early 00's. 

Archived