Delusional Larry "She still appeals to a younger demographic."

blue.monopoly

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blue.monopoly said:

Sometimes managers say things to save face that is true but he volunteered this quote. It didn't seem prompted by a specific question.

Ultimately if he's so in on it & aware why have her visuals been lacking since the Circus era? Why do they keep going back & hiring people like Marco Marco and Randee St. Nicholas?

Why don't they have a team of people looking through tumblr for looks and performance ideas like Beyonce and Rihanna do?

They're never going to fire themselves but Larry and that lady Robin lack an artistic vision to keep her current and competitive. They need to hire high quality creative people to come on board and help them.

:sofedup:

I do agree with that... But I also think Britney has a lot of say in everything too, eventhough fans seem to think otherwise. For example - WB original video was much racier, the whole original MM video was a controversy screamfest from scene to scene... Larry actually approved all of that! She alon said that she wanted WB to be cut because she thought it was too much, I'm guessing something similar happen to MM too, so it's not everything his fault.

Plus he managed to get her on VMAs, Carpool Karaoke, Ellen etc this era, which is pretty cool.

Now I'm not taking any sides, he is pretty bad in things and she should definitely hire a better team, but let's not forget bash everything he does for her.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
21 hours ago, blue.monopoly said:

She does ok with women over 25 years old. Those 18-24 aka the young demographic? Not so much. This age bracket is seen as huge for advertisers and streaming.

A good part of her fanbase is between 18-24 though

Oopsney had 12 years old fans who are over 25 now, but she also had 5 years old fans, who are 20-22 now :donewithit:

Britney has been a non-event since 2012 and Larry knows it very well. He also knows Britney is gonna do Vegas for God knows how many more years, which brings in 1 million dollars every week. Plus the perfumes, lingerie, merch etc.  Hell, he doesn't care what her fans think about her, let alone the younger demographic. See him in 5 years though, when she barely has any fans left. 

8 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

But do they actually buy her music, I mean where are these people when her singles are released.....I mean for how popular she is she should be getting #1's left and right but she doesn't 

Oh cmon, you know very well why that is. She sabotages her singles and only promotes Tidal and her tour. Her whole album charted in the BB hot 100 on the release week so people do actually buy her album rather than just one song.

20 hours ago, LittleLion said:

Naaa, just like Beyoncé, i think Britney is doing a pretty decent job staying relevant with the younger audience, her music is more appealing to young people than old adults, her music and sound is very teenish and sometimes even childish, she pretty much like a slightly older Katy Perry, sound wise

The only people who talk of katy are like 10 years old and they just her song they don't katy perry plus at my high school a lot of times britney is brought up like each year around VMA and when someone has a bad hair day everyone is like you should pull are Britney Spears and shave ur head .The reason why you might think she doesn't appeal to younger demographic is because the way she promotes , like the shows she goes on are mostly for older people . Also a lot of the really young kids 4-5 don't really know about her so she really has to promote like crazy .BUt she won't cuz she's over those days she does like minimal promo . 

11 minutes ago, Popeye said:

The only people who talk of katy are like 10 years old and they just her song they don't katy perry plus at my high school a lot of times britney is brought up like each year around VMA and when someone has a bad hair day everyone is like you should pull are Britney Spears and shave ur head .The reason why you might think she doesn't appeal to younger demographic is because the way she promotes , like the shows she goes on are mostly for older people . Also a lot of the really young kids 4-5 don't really know about her so she really has to promote like crazy .BUt she won't cuz she's over those days she does like minimal promo . 

The problem is not promo - look at the FF era in which it felt like she was everywhere even though there was minimal promo.

6 hours ago, blue.monopoly said:

The wardrobe on Ellen, her outfits for the red carpet have been ok this era. It's the costumes on stage during televised performances, the album booklet and such that needs an overhaul.

Why is Marco Marco even a go to option for her team? She has to compete with the Beyonce's and Rihanna's of the world. Then they shove her out on tv & she gets dragged for being outdated. Bring her better options.

Better yet hire Mel Ottenberg who can pull it all together and get a theme going for the televised performances, the album booklets, the videos. That's what's missing. Other pop stars have a look throughout an era. Her team just relies on magazines to style her for shoots and for everything else they freelance from project to project.

Exactly!

I actually think they started with a theme -- black and white and tan. And red. But once the original MM video was scrapped they seemed to scrap the entire look for the era, too.

There's a LOT of penny pinching going on, right across the board. Wardrobe. Hair. Makeup. Choreographers. Video directors. I don't understand what's happening. At all.

um........i call bullshit. For the most part Britney's fans are in their 20's to 30's. But I do think she is still pretty popular with adolescents around 16-19. 

I say this because I remember when i was 9 celein dion came out with that titanic song, and she got a lot of notoriety and awards for it. So from there on out I started to listen to her music as well, but obviously i was a bigger Britney fan. The average people that were fans of celine were adults then, but I was  kid who became a fan as well.

• Super Mods
14 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

100%.

I used a word in my last post that I don't think I've ever mentioned here...authenticity.

Britney felt very authentic during the ITZ era. She still felt authentic during Blackout. The Circus era was somewhat less authentic, but I could get past it because I knew her Team was doing everything they could to reconstruct her image. But since then, she's felt very inauthentic to me. 

However...The music on Glory feels authentic to me. Britney is very "present" on it. But the marketing isn't meshing with the quality of the music. 

The only way the marketing is going to jive is if they allow her to help evolve the brand. Right now they seem stuck in the past, and very confused about where to go with it.

Tbh, it's like there's a dissonance between Britney the person and Britney the artist. Although I agree that Britney is felt/present on Glory, no doubt. But there's almost been a shifting trend where there is still a disconnect between her music and her image/self. Like she's singing (maturely) about love and *** and relationships on Glory, yet during promo like Carpool, she says she's done with men and never getting married again. I feel like so many of her magazine interviews this era, as well as in some eras post-breakdown, have mentioned how shy she actually is. It's almost like she's an enigma in some ways, and while she wants to be private and has every right to be, she also comes across as distant/mysterious (not always in the best of ways) to people.

So I don't know exactly what the source of this dissonance is, because I think many factors contribute to it, but I think a lot of people in the GP and even some of her fans that are getting bored/restless overall (not just this era) don't know how to perceive Britney or get mixed messages about her that they don't know how to distinguish. While I hope the marketing aligns with the quality of music in the future and as much as a new, fresh creative team is desperately needed, I think the conservatorship and Britney's quest for a private life sometimes cause obstacles to inhibit authenticity.  

25 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Tbh, it's like there's a dissonance between Britney the person and Britney the artist. Although I agree that Britney is felt/present on Glory, no doubt. But there's almost been a shifting trend where there is still a disconnect between her music and her image/self. Like she's singing (maturely) about love and *** and relationships on Glory, yet during promo like Carpool, she says she's done with men and never getting married again. I feel like so many of her magazine interviews this era, as well as in some eras post-breakdown, have mentioned how shy she actually is. It's almost like she's an enigma in some ways, and while she wants to be private and has every right to be, she also comes across as distant/mysterious (not always in the best of ways) to people.

So I don't know exactly what the source of this dissonance is, because I think many factors contribute to it, but I think a lot of people in the GP and even some of her fans that are getting bored/restless overall (not just this era) don't know how to perceive Britney or get mixed messages about her that they don't know how to distinguish. While I hope the marketing aligns with the quality of music in the future and as much as a new, fresh creative team is desperately needed, I think the conservatorship and Britney's quest for a private life sometimes cause obstacles to inhibit authenticity.  

There's very much a dissonance. Having followed the legal side of the conservatorship since it first happened, I feel that it's playing a huge part in that disconnect.

From the Flaunt interview, we know that there are a long list of questions that interviewers still can't ask her. That's got to cause a huge imaginary wall between Britney and the interviewer -- some of it desired, and some of it not.

The funny thing is, I really don't think she's that shy around people that she's comfortable with. I've always imagined her to be loud and potty-mouthed and somewhat obnoxious (though very much loveable...just like she was when we first got to know her). It's too bad there wasn't a way for her unique personality to shine through while still being able to maintain the privacy she desires.

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

There's very much a dissonance. Having followed the legal side of the conservatorship since it first happened, I feel that it's playing a huge part in that disconnect.

From the Flaunt interview, we know that there are a long list of questions that interviewers still can't ask her. That's got to cause a huge imaginary wall between Britney and the interviewer -- some of it desired, and some of it not.

The funny thing is, I really don't think she's that shy around people that she's comfortable with. I've always imagined her to be loud and potty-mouthed and somewhat obnoxious (though very much loveable...just like she was when we first got to know her). It's too bad there wasn't a way for her unique personality to shine through while still being able to maintain the privacy she desires.

I think in writing, the interviews aren't always bad, but when you see her on TV with an interviewer or host, it's obvious that they're asking her very surface level questions that don't get into much depth behind her or whatever they may be talking about. And again, it's not like she has to divulge every aspect of her life in multiple interviews, but some interviews do seem really manufactured nowadays.

And yes, I feel like around family and close friends, she probably beams and feels like she can be her natural self. I mean even a small example was from that recent TLC Jamie Lynn documentary when Britney and JL were joking around. I mean I feel like she's like that but even more animated and enthusiastic when there aren't cameras around... So she has a personality, obviously, but I too wish there was a way for her to let her personality shine through while being private at the same time.

A long time ago, even after For the Record, I really wanted Britney to do a tell all magazine/newspaper essay (even though she promised a book in FTR), that was deeper/unscripted, and really address major elephants in the room in terms of whether she's actually happy or into her career, or even just speak freely about her life. While I again believe and know she has the right to privacy and doesn't need to address every aspect of her life, I think the GP feels the dissonance because she hasn't totally or authentically addressed herself to the public, and as a result, they don't know how to appreciate or engage with Britney Spears the artist. And yet at the same time, I think they deep down root for Britney Spears the person. And like you said, it probably does stem from the conservatorship and other factors as well... All such a mystery tbh! 

16 hours ago, tarotx said:

And now that Britney is recovering and putting herself out there older pop/HAC people are expecting her to be pre-breakdown Britney. That she's not, they see a broken Britney; One they feel sorry for. They think she's a bit crazy who has to work to support her family and staff; Britney would rather live in her fairy castle coloring adult coloring books and playing Barbies. They think she's being forced to work out and look hot and sell ***. Which I shake my head because it's very similar to how people thought of Britney when she first came out.

I'm not even joking. I did a small sampling Glory listen to see what people might like as the second single. And I got a chunk of that. They thought "Man on the Moon" was too little girl for someone Britney's age but that it really showcased Britney's young mental state. They thought "Slumber Party" was the best song I played them but they were saying that Britney was like MJ and just wanted to have friends and play not be singing about the *** in the song.

I really don't know the answer. None of them mentioned the Conservatorship but It's probably not helping her image at this point. Britney singing live is the thing that will help her the most. Will Britney be able to hold off her Anxiety enough to do that? Maybe not now but they could at least start having her sing on her Instagram.

^^^^^^

Archived