Delusional Larry "She still appeals to a younger demographic."

blue.monopoly

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nick Jonas
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

wait, was this posted a few days ago, or I just had the weirdest déjà vu while reading OP?  :idkney: I literally knew every word that I was reading, I'm scared, aren't déjà vu's related to some kind of brain problem? :embarrassney:

:ricackle: 

Do Britney and her team live in a cave?

No wonder Britney's delusional if she receives her prep and info from people like Larry. Talk about out of touch!

I suggest he looks at the iTunes chart, the billboard 200 and her youtube channel. It might open his eyes a little bit.

Anyway, what do you expect? The man's a liar and will say ANYTHING to try to fool her fans. He thinks we're all 18 year old twinks with 2 brain cells, let's be real. 

in my country(turkey) britney has a fanbase but it is not as big as others' like beyonce, rihanna etc.when work ***** was released ı was in high school and my friends loved it because the song was catchy and had a good music video but they are not fans, none of my friends, none of my relatives, no one ı know is a fan.they only know her music videos, they don't listen to her songs other than her singles.

and only her fans accept her lip syncing, so, it is stupid to say "she always lip synced, get over it"  because people really see her as a joke.for non-fans she is known for lip syncing, not for her great albums, iconic videos etc.after the bbma's my friends were praising rihanna but no one was talking about britney's performance.when ı make mention of britney, everyone says "she doesn't have a good voice", "can't sing live" etc.some of them say "she is beautiful", "has some good songs" but no one praises her for her singing.they do praise others for their singing and voice, but not britney.if her choreographies were good as they used to be maybe people would have something good to say about her other than her looks and some of her singles.

I cant when some of you say they dont know who britney is?:sofedup: and ask who she is:mhmsureny: then the problem is the new generation and not of britney for being uneducated as ****:NYcackle: i mean britney probably wont appeal their taste or don't stan her because they could feel she from older generation:xcuseme:  i learned to appreciate Madonna, Michael, Janet, Mariah, whitney a long after because i thought they were of an older generation than me:britoverit: but i never would say : who is he/she?:JLostare: It is too clueless and i would have sounded like a stupid:decisions: then you gonna say me teens dont know who were Marylin Monroe or Elvis presley?:tehe: because i would be in afraid for their poor soul and education:tiffeyeroll: that's popular culture ..:wontcry:

11 hours ago, Hispanicney said:

I'm GLAD she doesn't appeal to the young kids now days. The young kids now days have BAD taste in music like Halsey, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry :boredashell:

This is so beyond true!!!!

Kids today like basic *** garbage......I mean that new Chainsmoker's song Closer is #1  and I fail to see what's so great about it....actually I fail to see what's so great about the Chainsmokers to begin with and honestly I wasn't impressed at all with This Is What You Came For from Calvin/Rihanna I mean it was so basic when you compare it to WFL but it was a big hit too........the youngsters just don't have any taste! It's like the more basic/generic the song the better it charts. I mean I hate Beyonce but even her songs aren't charting that great considering how popular she is and it's because they're different, I think that was Gwen's problem too, even though her new material was current sounding it wasn't basic/generic and therefore it didn't appeal to the young crowd. Also when an artist has been around as long as Britney and they try to get the younger crowd it comes off as desperate and try hard a lot of the times......I mean look at both Madonna and Mariah they tried it and it looked desperate! 

7 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Kids today like basic *** garbage......I mean that new Chainsmoker's song Closer is #1  and I fail to see what's so great about it....actually I fail to see what's so great about the Chainsmokers to begin with and honestly I wasn't impressed at all with This Is What You Came For from Calvin/Rihanna I mean it was so basic when you compare it to WFL but it was a big hit too........the youngsters just don't have any taste! It's like the more basic/generic the song the better it charts. I mean I hate Beyonce but even her songs aren't charting that great considering how popular she is and it's because they're different, I think that was Gwen's problem too, even though her new material was current sounding it wasn't basic/generic and therefore it didn't appeal to the young crowd. Also when an artist has been around as long as Britney and they try to get the younger crowd it comes off as desperate and try hard a lot of the times......I mean look at both Madonna and Mariah they tried it and it looked desperate! 

I am following many swedish youtubers and most of them are huge Beyoncé fans and was vlogging during her concert. None of them are talking about Britney, it's so sad. :brityeah:

And they are all under the age of 25. :angietea:

2 minutes ago, MissSwedishDream said:

I am following many swedish youtubers and most of them are huge Beyoncé fans and was vlogging during her concert. None of them are talking about Britney, it's so sad. :brityeah:

And they are all under the age of 25. :angietea:

But do they actually buy her music, I mean where are these people when her singles are released.....I mean for how popular she is she should be getting #1's left and right but she doesn't 

25 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The problem is, when Madonna was 34 she was still completely relevant. She was just releasing her Ray of Light album.

Madonna didn't start appearing desperate until years later...Not until around the "4 Minutes" video and started recording with Timberland and JT. She was still breaking new ground up until then.

Larry is trying to pattern Britney after Madonna (maybe?) and market her "down" to a younger audience, instead of marketing her "across" to people her own age or "up" to people older than her.

4 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I'm five years older than Britney and am honestly CRAVING some marketing from her that appeals to me and people my age. I've been feeling this way since the HIAM video. :wontcry:

There's a big audience out there that her Team isn't tapping into...the same audience that spends money on Barbra Streisand, FGL, and David Bowie.

I think for B10 it needs to be really personal and less **** because that's what the audience you're talking about is looking for. I think her next album needs to be a slightly artsier and more personal version of Glory tbh! The gp will find it refreshing, but I think sadly her labels have always been afraid of her going that route....I mean FF was turned into a more commercial album and I'm pretty positive BJ was meant to actually be the super personal album she said it was going to be but then RCA changed the direction....also look at TOD that was going to be a super personal album but it was cancelled 

1 hour ago, MissSwedishDream said:

They even praise Beyoncé. :mj::sickofu:

They praise beyonce because the media praise beyonce all the time,  if the media praise another one in the same level they go to worship this artist too, sorry but this new generation is clueless and their criteria is very poor and manageable by social media.  i'm 28 maybe I'm getting too old ...do the test and go to intenet and look for beyonce news you gonna find tons of articles saying how wonderful she is  even appears in articles of other artists and artists of the new generation mentioning beyonce like if she were a sort of new  mozart, that's why teens  praise beyonce, because that is what consequently they see and heard,  unlike britney most of her articles are bashing on her and when they say something positive ended  saying she went crazy, shaved her  head and is in c-ship, you read the glory reviews?  media sell constantly that britney is disposable and not worthy of stan for,  her  team have work better that's not doubts but britney's problem is more corporate of a whole system, article with bad notes about britney, people shading her get more views and comments than one talking positive about it, britney as positive image since 2007 doesn't sell to the media, this new generation grew up eating that.

9 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think for B10 it needs to be really personal and less **** because that's what the audience you're talking about is looking for. I think her next album needs to be a slightly artsier and more personal version of Glory tbh! The gp will find it refreshing, but I think sadly her labels have always been afraid of her going that route....I mean FF was turned into a more commercial album and I'm pretty positive BJ was meant to actually be the super personal album she said it was going to be but then RCA changed the direction....also look at TOD that was going to be a super personal album but it was cancelled 

But you know what? Older people don't dislike ***. They grew up with Britney being super provocative. That's what they've come to expect from her. 

For example, when I saw the original MM video I was so happy, because that's the Britney I grew up with -- provocative and smutty!

The same goes for Madonna, or even Cher. When I see them play it safe I have this "meh" reaction, but when I see the both of them wear revealing outfits and push the envelope I think, "Ah, that's the artist I grew up with and love." 

So yes, I do think Britney needs to focus on the artistry in her music to give her credibility...but I don't think she needs to shy away from *** whatsoever. It's just an assumption by younger people that older people don't like ***, and just an opinion by younger people that older people should tone it down and dress frumpy. Older people like *** in their music just as much as younger people...as long as it's genuine and authentic.

9 minutes ago, lirebelde said:

They praise beyonce because the media praise beyonce all the time,  if the media praise another one in the same level they go to worship this artist too, sorry but this new generation is clueless and their criteria is very poor and manageable by social media.  i'm 28 maybe I'm getting too old ...do the test
 and  go to intenet and look for beyonce news you gonna find tons of articles saying how wonderful she is  even appears in articles of other artists and artists of the new generation mentioning beyonce like if she were a sort of new  mozart, that's why teens  praise beyonce, because that is what consequently they see and heard,  unlike britney most of her articles are bashing on her and when they say something positive ended  saying she went crazy, shaved her  head and is in c-ship, you read the glory reviews?  media sell constantly that britney is disposable and not worthy of stan for,  her  team have work better that's not doubts but britney's problem is more corporate of a whole system, article with bad notes about britney, people shading her get more views and comments than one talking positive about britney as positive image since 2007 doesn't sell to the media, this new generation grew up eating that.

I 100% agree with you.

My younger sister (shes 20) listens to Britney because of me and I am so proud of her. Plus is all started in 1998. :awyeah:

4 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

But you know what? Older people don't dislike ***. They grew up with Britney being super provocative. That's what they've come to expect from her. 

For example, when I saw the original MM video I was so happy, because that's the Britney I grew up with -- provocative and smutty!

The same goes for Madonna, or even Cher. When I see them play it safe I have this "meh" reaction, but when I see the both of them wear revealing outfits and push the envelope I think, "Ah, that's the artist I grew up with and love." 

So yes, I do think Britney needs to focus on the artistry in her music to give her credibility...but I don't think she needs to shy away from *** whatsoever. It's just an assumption by younger people that older people don't like ***, and just an opinion by younger people that older people should tone it down and dress frumpy. Older people like *** in their music just as much as younger people...as long as it's genuine and authentic.

I guess, but I think she should focus on it a bit less on the next album.....I think a lot of people think that's all she's about and all she does.....she needs to show people that she's capable of more......B10 needs to be a more personal version of ITZ in a way, it has *** songs but they're personal *** songs/more mature *** songs and I think a lot of fans are still waiting on a REALLY personal album from her.

Archived