Years And Years Release Disco-Flavored Video "Meteorite"

Ross Lohan

The boys deliver more pop perfection.

years-and-years-meteorite-video

UPDATE // SEPTEMBER 28: Years & Years frontman Olly Alexander, donning a jewel encrusted ensemble drenched in 86,000 Swarovski crystals, dances like there's no tomorrow in the "Meteorite" music video out today. The look in their performance peace is an ode to the group's favorite pop stars: "It's an honor to follow in the footsteps of some of my heroes (Britney, Beyoncé etc.) and be decked out in tens of thousands of dazzling crystals!", Alexander said.

The group will continue working on their sophomore album, but for now feast your eyes on their shiny new visual.

EARLIER // SEPTEMBER 14:

Years & Years are leaving 2016 with a bang.

The electronic trio played their last festival date on Sunday (September 11), putting an end to the extensive 2-and-a-half years of promotion for their 2015 debut album "Communion".

Before they take a well-deserved break, Years & Years have made a brilliant new song for the Bridget Jones' Baby soundtrack.

"Meteorite" is another delightful dose of synth-pop from the boys, with singer Olly Alexander's smooth vocals soaring into the huge disco chorus: "Love me like it's the last night / Hit me like a meteorite."

The new track signals that album number two will see the boys' sound get even bigger, while becoming more polished - and we can't wait to see what's in store.

Listen to "Meteorite" in full below.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived