Lady Gaga Is In Talks To Perform Next Year's Super Bowl Halftime Show

Jordan Miller

• Leader

The Super Bowl might get their perfect illusion.

lady-gaga-super-bowl

The Super Bowl might get their perfect illusion.

Lady Gaga is in talks to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show in 2017. After it was reported Adele was offered the position first (which the NFL denied), sources are now whispering Lady Gaga is next in line.

"One of the main reasons for why the NFL is said to be hot on the singer was her performance of the National Anthem at the 2016 Super Bowl," Billboard reports.

Naturally, the NFL won't confirm or deny. "We have had conversations with several fantastic artists about the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show. However, at this point we do not have a final decision," said an NFL rep. "We’re happy there is so much excitement about the show."

Gaga was asked earlier this week if she'd considering performing at the Super Bowl. "Absolutely," she said, and mentioned bringing her album collaborators Mark Ronson, Florence Welch, and Beck on stage if she did.

Mother Monster has a huge catalogue to choose from, and the experience to back it up. Perfect choice. Perfect illusion.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lady Gaga does not have the stage presence any more to perform at such a high publicity event.  Every time she's given the stage at a huge event, she does some stupid crap that is more for shock value than anything.  I can't even imagine how stupid her Superbowl halftime show would be.  We'd basically see her *****, watch her have a seizure, and listen to her yell into the microphone.  Hard pass.

I'm a Britney stan, but I'm even wary of having HER perform there.  She'd draw in the viewers and stuff, but I just know it'd turn into another VMA situation where the camera cuts away from her every time she does something remotely epic and the general public would rip her apart for lipping and not dancing like she used to.  Plus, it'd probably just be straight from the Piece Of Me show...  Can you tell I'm getting jaded? :( 

I think they really need to just go for a diva based show if they'll have her.

I don't think she would be enough as just her for the main act. I know she's a great performer, I just mean like it would be missing something if it was only her.

Just have Britney, Gaga, and JLO all do it together with Britney as the main act obv :bootyney:

44 minutes ago, OliviaPope said:

Lady Gaga does not have the stage presence any more to perform at such a high publicity event.  Every time she's given the stage at a huge event, she does some stupid crap that is more for shock value than anything.  I can't even imagine how stupid her Superbowl halftime show would be.  We'd basically see her *****, watch her have a seizure, and listen to her yell into the microphone.  Hard pass.

I'm a Britney stan, but I'm even wary of having HER perform there.  She'd draw in the viewers and stuff, but I just know it'd turn into another VMA situation where the camera cuts away from her every time she does something remotely epic and the general public would rip her apart for lipping and not dancing like she used to.  Plus, it'd probably just be straight from the Piece Of Me show...  Can you tell I'm getting jaded? :( 

and Britney have stage presence?:nothavingit:

Archived