The GP and some people in here should read this

RAHRAHRAH

Parts of this kind of break my heart, but I haven't read anything on Britney that said exactly what needed to be said like this does

http://qz.com/770807/the-britney-spears-comeback-narrative-is-all-about-saddling-women-with-impossible-expectations/

"But our eagerness for a Spears “comeback” also seems to stem from an urge to see her, literally, return to her original teenage persona"

"A sense of public guilt may also drive our obsession with a Spears comeback. We need some kind of reassurance that we did not permanently harm this woman." 

"It’s not enough for Spears to turn in a solid performance. We want to see if she’s managed to magically transform herself back into the embodiment of smiling, shiny, **** pop-star perfection."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RAHRAHRAH said:

Parts of this kind of break my heart, but I haven't read anything on Britney that said exactly what needed to be said like this does

http://qz.com/770807/the-britney-spears-comeback-narrative-is-all-about-saddling-women-with-impossible-expectations/

"But our eagerness for a Spears “comeback” also seems to stem from an urge to see her, literally, return to her original teenage persona"

"A sense of public guilt may also drive our obsession with a Spears comeback. We need some kind of reassurance that we did not permanently harm this woman." 

"It’s not enough for Spears to turn in a solid performance. We want to see if she’s managed to magically transform herself back into the embodiment of smiling, shiny, **** pop-star perfection."

omg, after reading this I feel soo sad. I think this is completely true whether ppl here admit it or not.
She is looking more comfortable but is it really because of she is again with her children or does she really enjoy performing?
I really think she loves making music because Glory she is definately proud of, but performing, not 100% sure yet...

Just now, Wombat said:

omg, after reading this I feel soo sad. I think this is completely true whether ppl here admit it or not.
She is looking more comfortable but is it really because of she is again with her children or does she really enjoy performing?
I really think she loves making music because Glory she is definately proud of, but performing, not 100% sure yet...

I think she enjoys what she does, but I think it's important for people to stop the comparing. There's this odd obsession with comparing Britney and Beyonce and I've even seen Rihanna to pictures of their younger selves. These girls are in their 30's, not their 50's or 60's, knock it off lol. It really does sometimes feel like people won't think she's fully "BACK" until she reverts back to being a 19 year old again. It's weird

38 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

VMA performance was boring af and it is a fact. Don't try to justify it with "you guys have high expectation on her" bullshit.

BBMA, which everyone praised, says hi.:boredashell:

No one is trying to justify anything bc there's nothing to be justified or defended. It's more so a general statement about what the media and a section of her fans won't let go of. It's creepy

Just now, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I'm pleased people are finally admitting it. They feel guilty for what they did and they should but somehow they still want to turn into something negative about her. They need to stop.

Seriously! Since the release of Glory, not one review or write up about her has been about just that. The first 75% of every article has to remind you "hey, don't forget, she shaved her head and hit a car with an umbrella a couple years ago... but this new cd is pretty cool!" 

Men don't get that. Most men anyway. Charlie Sheen's breakdown wasn't too long after Britney's and he was almost praised for his. Winning and Tiger Blood were sold on merchandise and were hashtags everywhere, he got an endorsement deal with Fiat, a roast on comedy central. And his "breakdown" was him complaining about how much he was being paid for his terrible tv show. Britney had real life **** going on and she was destroyed for it

10 minutes ago, RAHRAHRAH said:

Seriously! Since the release of Glory, not one review or write up about her has been about just that. The first 75% of every article has to remind you "hey, don't forget, she shaved her head and hit a car with an umbrella a couple years ago... but this new cd is pretty cool!" 

Men don't get that. Most men anyway. Charlie Sheen's breakdown wasn't too long after Britney's and he was almost praised for his. Winning and Tiger Blood were sold on merchandise and were hashtags everywhere, he got an endorsement deal with Fiat, a roast on comedy central. And his "breakdown" was him complaining about how much he was being paid for his terrible tv show. Britney had real life **** going on and she was destroyed for it

I discussed this with my brother before. The media has a creepy fetish relationship with Britney. They've always behaved like she personally offended them whenever she did anything whether it was being ****** in a performance or giving her opinions. They've actually changed the way they comment on every popstar to the point where they won't criticize anyone for being untalented in mainstream media but they still attack Britney. Men get away with everything in the media and one thing I always respect about britney is that she never played the victim even when she was forced into that position. She's very strong and they can't hold her down. 

I remember reading this and thinking that It totally made sense, But then after a while I feel that the writer may have mixed up the peoples unrealistic expectation of 'virgin' Britney returning with the expectations that fans have in hoping she'd dance again like she used to (I find two of them to be very different things).

I don't know about you, but I never wanted Britney to become young and innocent again, I just wanted her to start showing signs of her enjoying life (by being more talkative, I mean expecting that isn't an unrealistic expectation towards women, because I'm sure many JB fans would want to see him be a bit more lively had he suddenly become awkward and mute in interviews).

As for pure talent and dancing, It's definitely not about becoming young and sultry, its about becoming passionate... If Britney did the hoedown throwdown passionately and not like a robot circa 2011 then I would still watch.

for me, Its about Britney being happy and living her life

WITH THAT BEING SAID, BECAUSE BRITNEY SEEMS TO BE LIVING LIFE AND DANCING WITH PASSION circa 2016, I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE PEOPLE CAN WANT FROM HER (ASIDE FROM A NEW CREATIVE TEAM).

:feelingmyself:

Archived