Britney Threatens To Sue Over Story About Unfounded Erratic Behavior

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-spears-sue-tabloids

An entire decade of hard work denounced in a tabloid report. Not cool, right?

Certainly not, that's why Britney Spears is lawyering up against outlets reporting about supposed bizarre behavior. Specifically, In Touch wrote a story about Britney allegedly acting erratic at the MTV VMAs, claiming she was "talking and laughing to herself and using a British accent," and is shutting it down, TMZ reports.

The "Liar" singer's representation fired off a "scathing" letter to In Touch threatening to sue them and anyone else publishing a story of this nature.

Britney's lawyer says it is "utterly false, highly defamatory and completely offensive to Ms. Spears."
A source connected with Britney tells TMZ, the singer and her team are sick of "made-up" stories, especially in the face of how hard she's worked to turn her life around. They say if the story runs they will absolutely sue the magazine, adding this will be the first of many lawsuits to stop the lies.
This is the second recent instance where Brit has slammed places rehashing her harder times.

tumblr_mc6ev1Gb1u1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

Lifetime announced they're making a biopic around Brit's famous life, including a look back at 2007, and she wants nothing to do with it. Her reps tell BreatheHeavy she is not participating in the making of it, nor did she give her blessing.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Z-dawg said:

When people threaten to sue, you JUST KNOW the whole story's made up! She did not look erratic to me at VMA's or during any of her NY stay. 

Trying to stay IN TOUCH kunts, I see, failing miserably :orly:

She looked very comfortable on the white carpet, on stage etc. **** the in Touch!

They are obviously still trying to spin the "Britney is crazy" angle. 

First of all, whether or not she still has mental health issues is irrelevant. Them perpetuating that story is equivalent to them either mocking mental illness or creating drama around someone who may or may not have mental illness. Not only is this a completely outdated way of thinking, it clearly demonstrates their ignorance on the subject.

Second of all, Britney has come a long way since 2007/2008. She finally seems to be in control of herself and happy with her life. 2016's VMA performance was a far cry from 2007's. 

I hope they run the article, because I want to see her sue the absolute **** out of them & thereby assert, to the rest of the media, that it's no longer okay to **** with her. 

Archived