Give Britney A Break Ffs

Werrrrkkkkit

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mani911 said:

I disagree, people are calling her lazy, some stated she should retire. You must have missed some threads that I reported, they were probably deleted :haha: 

She's going to get that no matter what. Especially because she IS a lazy performer. She's got to know that herself.

:sipney:

I don't think she should retire, but if she's going to be lazy then at least do other things to cover it up. Just like they did during the Circus era. That's her Team's responsibility, and they aren't doing it this time around. That's where the complaints are stemming from. They're not doing their jobs properly and it's making her look bad.

Why tf has this thread turned into a debate on what britney SHOULD have done during her breakdown? This is beyond a joke. Do none of us have things in life we wish we had reacted differently too? Hindsight is a *****.

NONE of us truly know the reprecussions it had on brit. You can speculate all you like but you DONT. 

What if the "****" choreo and shows she does now (negative ******* words not mine) are the best she is capable of giving? What if that is britney giving her all for you guys? Go stan some other basic if its not good enough. Im not delusional either i know this is not up to the standard of what she used to be, but their comes a ******* point you have to accept that things and people change and be happy with what is and stop crying over what was.

8 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I love Britney but I just hate how because Brit had a breakdown she's immune to any criticism. It's like we want the GP to get over it but then use it to justify anything she does that's not on par. She's not a fragile puppy. Like oh she's had a bad love life? Seriously...Who hasn't? Her conservatorship sucks, yes. I can't wait for her to get out of it. But she (in one way or another) put herself in the position to land in one. She downward spiraled for almost two years before her parents stepped in. It's not like they randomly woke up and put her in one. There are plenty of artists who basically demand more creative control of their careers around the sophomore/third albums. She could have taken more control super early in her career. Why didn't she? I'm a huge believer in the idea that life is what u make it based on your decisions. Britney has made her life this way in my opinion. And most ppl are buying a lot of her products, ppl can criticize or express their displeasure over what they are spending their money on TBH. 

You say that so casually 'just because she had a breakdown'....

...this is the exact reason i made this thread. People severely underestimate the extent of her breakdown and the amount of time it truly takes to recover from something like that. It wasn't like she JUST sprained her ankle or JUST got the flu....she suffered one of the most public mental breakdowns in the history of pop culture. She was emotionally abused and manipulated by the people she trusted most. Her manager would **** her and alert the paparazzi for photo ops when she was feeling erratic. She went through a ******* trauma!!

In reality, after the breakdown, the best thing for Britney's mental health probably would have been to retire from her label and enjoy a private life, work on independant musical projects if that's what she enjoys, work at a level that she's comfortable with then come back to the spotlight when she's truly ready. Her team thrust her back into the spotlight with this huge comeback only a year after her VMA mess and very public breakdown. That comeback set the bar so high for Britney and she's constantly having to live up to people's expectations.

She IS fragile. You can see in interviews she is very nervous. She's always playing with her hands, her interviews are kept short and succinct and once she starts to feel anxious she normally ends the interview abruptly. The woman has a mental illness and her team are doing everything in their power to hide it from the public. 

IMO, NOBODY should be pushing her to give more than she is capable of. She could have retired from the spotlight years ago. She didn't. We should be thankful for that and just appreciate what we're getting.

Not everyone will ever understand.  They think oh she's had enough time, snap out of it.  Do your job or whoever else.  That's so no how it works.  Especially when you live in Britney's fishbowl.  Nobody can tell her how fast or slow to be "over" her anxiety or whatever else remains it doesn't work that way.  People don't grasp the gravity of any of it.  It's a blessing she's still here and has come this far. 

I agree with you tbh, and I also think tht for all of the reasons you stated she´s not that into this bussiness anymore, it´s just a way to maintain her lifstyle, sure she enjoys it, but she´s not in it for the gold you know? Like she doesn´t care about the competition or about doing things perfectly as she used to. And that´s fine :donewithit: tbh I´m happy that she´s still releasing new music and doing a show in vegas.

Btw the album she just put out is a masterpiece and shows that she really is in a good place and enjoying what she does :hype:

2 hours ago, Werrrrkkkkit said:

You say that so casually 'just because she had a breakdown'....

...this is the exact reason i made this thread. People severely underestimate the extent of her breakdown and the amount of time it truly takes to recover from something like that. It wasn't like she JUST sprained her ankle or JUST got the flu....she suffered one of the most public mental breakdowns in the history of pop culture. She was emotionally abused and manipulated by the people she trusted most. Her manager would **** her and alert the paparazzi for photo ops when she was feeling erratic. She went through a ******* trauma!!

In reality, after the breakdown, the best thing for Britney's mental health probably would have been to retire from her label and enjoy a private life, work on independant musical projects if that's what she enjoys, work at a level that she's comfortable with then come back to the spotlight when she's truly ready. Her team thrust her back into the spotlight with this huge comeback only a year after her VMA mess and very public breakdown. That comeback set the bar so high for Britney and she's constantly having to live up to people's expectations.

She IS fragile. You can see in interviews she is very nervous. She's always playing with her hands, her interviews are kept short and succinct and once she starts to feel anxious she normally ends the interview abruptly. The woman has a mental illness and her team are doing everything in their power to hide it from the public. 

IMO, NOBODY should be pushing her to give more than she is capable of. She could have retired from the spotlight years ago. She didn't. We should be thankful for that and just appreciate what we're getting.

I'm not saying it casually. I understand what she went through. And like I said, fans can't pick and choose when they want to use her breakdown as justification. If the GP mentions it, it's omg get over it, she's not that person anymore. But when she isn't performing her best it's oh wait she's still recovering. Like its one or the other. And someone in her circle should tell her she shouldn't be doing this if she's still so traumatized. She should go get help if every aspect about the job is so nerve wrecking. But to think it's ridiculous for fans to expect things from her is wrong. U think a regular person with a real 9-5 job would be able to use something that happened to them 10 years ago to justify them not doing their job to satisfaction each time and still get paid? No, they'd be fired. Why do celebs get a pass? i expect great things from the artists I stan for. If u don't, that's also your prerogative.

1 minute ago, DoSomething954 said:

I'm not saying it casually. I understand what she went through. And like I said, fans can't pick and choose when they want to use her breakdown as justification. If the GP mentions it, it's omg get over it, she's not that person anymore. But when she isn't performing her best it's oh wait she's still recovering. Like its one or the other. And someone in her circle should tell her she shouldn't be doing this if she's still so traumatized. She should go get help if every aspect about the job is so nerve wrecking. But to think it's ridiculous for fans to expect things from her is wrong. U think a regular person with a real 9-5 job would be able to use something that happened to them 10 years ago to justify them not doing their job to satisfaction each time and still get paid? No, they'd be fired. Why do celebs get a pass? i expect great things from the artists I stan for. If u don't, that's also your prerogative.

She just gave us her most critically acclaimed album in 16 years. A solid pop album with 17 great tracks and one more bonus track to come. She looks flawless at public appearances. She's doing promo. More promo than she has done in a long time.

Is she giving us 2003ney? No. But like i said in the OP, she could have retired and stopped making music all together. And she probably should have for the sake of her mental health. But she didn't. She's taking baby steps and for the first time, it seems like she's actually enjoying what she does again.

If you expect great things from the artists you stan for, then by all means go stan for somebody else. But until you can even begin to understand what Britney went through and what she is still going through, then it is absolutely wrong for you to criticise her for not meeting your expectations. She at least deserves your respect for battling through her demons to give us what she is giving us today.

52 minutes ago, lcortes88 said:

talking about scrapping of mm video is not being negative. fans have every right to talk about it. As for everything else, i agree with you. 

i agree that it's a bummer. we saw some great stills, and heard about a great, exciting MV concept. it sucks that it was scrapped. but some of the comments i have seen have been like "oh big deal, you're a mom now, gtfoi" bla bla bla. Britney is very protective over her kids. Like I said in the OP, if they haven't already found out about some of britney's darkest moments, being removed from her custody etc, then it must be horrible for her to know that this day will come eventually. The day that her kids grow up a bit and find out about the darkest chapter of her life. If she wants to stray from controversy for the sake of her kids then well done. But it pisses me off to see some fans think they're entitled to a bit of controversy to boost sales when britney probably has very good personal reasons for avoiding it in the first place.

Also, people need to get over the MV being scrapped. It is old news. Rehashing it every week is counterproductive and pointless.

1 hour ago, Werrrrkkkkit said:

i agree that it's a bummer. we saw some great stills, and heard about a great, exciting MV concept. it sucks that it was scrapped. but some of the comments i have seen have been like "oh big deal, you're a mom now, gtfoi" bla bla bla. Britney is very protective over her kids. Like I said in the OP, if they haven't already found out about some of britney's darkest moments, being removed from her custody etc, then it must be horrible for her to know that this day will come eventually. The day that her kids grow up a bit and find out about the darkest chapter of her life. If she wants to stray from controversy for the sake of her kids then well done. But it pisses me off to see some fans think they're entitled to a bit of controversy to boost sales when britney probably has very good personal reasons for avoiding it in the first place.

Also, people need to get over the MV being scrapped. It is old news. Rehashing it every week is counterproductive and pointless.

Also no matter how much we talk about the original MM video, it's not going to change the fact that it was scrapped.  I get that  a huge majority of the fans aren't happy about it, but there's nothing that can be done about it.  Things changed, to me, you either find some way to deal, or you continue being miserable about something that won't change. 

17 hours ago, Froot said:

Then they should have tried harder to make this happened. I don't think it's sponsors, maybe its David with his diva atittude, maybe Britney and her ******* ******* - they should convince one or another that this is good, change up things a bit, staying in the theme and main concept and don't make this a drama. Work ***** was changed a little, so it's not impossible. They decided to throw it into a bin and pretend it never happened. And a good team would try to create something similar, that fits the song and they took very different and opposite direction. They had zero budget? They could use choreo they had (and don't act like david owns it, because he's not), make something simple or, like I earlier said, janet-like (and Britney always wanted something like that). Fans would be pleased with simplicity, sexyness and good choreo. Make Me isn't an uppie one, so she could deliever some great moves. But we've got stupid teenage ***** girls instead. And with promo performances? Come on, even 5yo child can give something more creative. Her team sucks, big time, because they don't think. Britney is a milking cow and they think everything she does would sell and bring money. BJ has only shaken them a little, so they pushed for a better album and some promo, but there it goes now - team b at its prime...:rihit:

Have you ever wondered that Promo itself doesn't always land on her team, say Britney didn't want to practice staging for a more complex VMA performance as she wanted to spend time with her kids so they they went with simplicity as it was easier to stage, considering the song had already been choreographed? I'm not saying they didn't have to do anything with the era but it might not entirely be their fault.

I agree with everything:mj: also i never commented over the scrapped video because what I've seen in the leaks  i dont like it:nonono: i think she would be dragged by the GP more than was by this fan base for release the Disney version:lolnoworries: and i do not think that video would help with sales:dorkney: maybe is an unpopular opinion but.:ehum:

Archived