BB200: Britney 111k SPS/88 pure - Come congratulate your queen for outdoing Brinty Joan

Lou M. Taylor

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well I think a lot of the problem is RCA tbh, they picked a horrible week for both BJ and Glory to be released! They sent Glory out way too early which helped cause the leak and they don't push hard enough in advertising her albums....Glory wasn't in any ads the week of its release and she only had one iTunes banner. People always blame her team for these things but those things are actually up to the label! Also has anyone else noticed that once Jive went under and Britney went to RCA she has struggled chart wise.........I think it's the label! 

They actually shipped under 100K copies the first week the rest would come from streams even knowing that britney is not a stream force maybe after BJ they were expected 115-120k from the beginning nothing more, they sent some few copies to  supermakets the first days,  yes itunes is the norm now but not everyone buys for itunes.

Just now, lirebelde said:

They actually shipped under 100K copies the first week the rest would come from streams even knowing that britney is not a stream force maybe after BJ they were expected 115-120k from the beginning nothing more, they sent some few copies to  supermakets the first days,  yes itunes is the norm now but not everyone buys for itunes.

Yeah they're a mess, they don't treat her like the major artist she is! I wonder what her contract with them is like cause she should really go to another label idk which one but RCA is just not doing it for her.....a lot of artists hate RCA, Kelly Clarkson finally left them after tons of issues! 

13 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The label picks the release date not her team!

I'm sure her team had its say in the process. They had no deadline to finish the album this time. They were quite free. So I do think RCA just gave them options to choose from for the release week.

14 hours ago, Passengerney said:

Lol next era expect no promo. Britney ain't doing all of this again to peak at number 3:hype:

All this promo was a bit late, though. Nothing happened during the pre-order weeks of August.

8 minutes ago, lirebelde said:

+1. I do think some stores sold out way too early, and not because too many people were buying, but just because only few copies were shipped...

14 hours ago, the_toy said:

you're right but look at the charts: streams are already falling, glory is out of top 20 on itunes, MM is falling,,, i dont see longevity here... hence why a good number for 1st week was so important tumblr_ob840hAvy91u6n38po1_250.gif the risk of a premature end for this era is high tbh she really needs to bring it hard with single 2 

At this point, I think we will get an animated video for the 2nd single. Or a Piece of Me video with the album audio dubbed on it. :orangu: 

5 minutes ago, lirebelde said:

Girl BJ would sold less than glory in 2016:sofedup:

that comparison is not even acceptable:boredashell:

You don't know that. And comparing Britney Jean's sales without streaming with Glory's numbers including streaming is not the right way to do a comparison. We would need to know Britney Jean's first week streaming numbers to compare both.

2 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

I'm sure her team had its say in the process. They had no deadline to finish the album, I'm quite sure RCA just gave them options to choose from.

All this promo was a bit late, though. Nothing happened during the pre-order weeks of August.

+1. I do think some stores sold out way too early, and not because too many people were buying, but just because only few copies were shipped...

At this point, I think we will get an animated video for the 2nd single. Or a Piece of Me video with the album audio dubbed on it. :orangu: 

You don't know that. And comparing Britney Jean's sales without streaming with Glory's numbers including streaming is not the right way to do a comparison. We would need to know Britney Jean's first week streaming numbers to compare both.

Yeah but RCA shouldn't have given them the 26th as an option, RCA should be doing their research and know what other artists are releasing on what dates. Jive was always very smart about which weeks she released on. 

2 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yeah they're a mess, they don't treat her like the major artist she is! I wonder what her contract with them is like cause she should really go to another label idk which one but RCA is just not doing it for her.....a lot of artists hate RCA, Kelly Clarkson finally left them after tons of issues! 

RCA is the problem that many artists have not exploited (Tinashe e.g)  or their careers are stagnant because they put everything in one artist the ones who have been treated well are pink and *********.

17 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

I'm sure her team had its say in the process. They had no deadline to finish the album, I'm quite sure RCA just gave them options to choose from.

Considering the sales dropped from 2013 to 2016, comparing the pure to pure is unfair however it would only be fair to add the streaming figure to Glory's pure sales to compensate for the market's decline, so it's safe to say Glory did better than Britney Jean.

It's also pointless to add streaming to BJ's figure to compare since the market was healthier. You're just giving BJ an advantage over the advantage it already had. It's the 2016 pure figure that needs the streaming compensation in order to compare.

If you wanna compare pure to pure then you need to translate BJ's pure 107k copies to pure sales in 2016. I'm sure you'll find that 88k in 2016>107k in 2013. Find the % with which the sales decreased and do the math.

29 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

I'm sure her team had its say in the process. They had no deadline to finish the album this time. They were quite free. So I do think RCA just gave them options to choose from for the release week.

Girl you dont know digital and  fisical albums sale are down 40% percent since 2013, britney for standard what her fans expect is a flop? but sell 88K  and 111K with SP is the standard for any current relevant artist, Revival is considered a successful album and debuted with 85K like 105K with SP, This Is Acting by Sia debuted With 84K pure sales and is seen like a succes etc., britney will not sell as taylor swift or beyonka in her first week if is what do you were expecting now,  less after the damage made by BJ and disreputable by Myah Marie (helped spread for over internet by her own fans), the leaked ALIEN vocals, the flop of the album, etc,  also Make Me remained up and down in itunes, was more than one week at # 2 and won good streams the problem is the radio is not gaining radio deal because are  boycotting her, so any artist radio darling will have make me in the top # 10 of BB100 right now , work *****  had no that persistence.

2 hours ago, Catalin said:

I'm glad some fans are looking only at the silver linings. But do any of you guys think that her management and RCA are happy with the numbers that came out? That it surpassed their expectations for the record? Because truthfully, I think those numbers are more than disappointing for someone of Britney's caliber, but they are also more disappointing considering how great the material is! I'm fully aware of the state of the music industry, but if Janet Jackson can get her album to sell more than Britney's first week with a song that peaked in the top 60 on the hot 100, something clearly needs to change.

Her label/Management need to push hard if Glory is going to have any longevity. I want it to. It deserves to. But the bigger issue is Britney as a pop star, because look at what Janet's label did to her after a series of under-performing records. They stopped giving her those decent promotional budgets for videos, etc...

This . :britstare11:

The numbers aren't disappointing. 100k - That’s what RCA was predicting. Y'all have to accept she's not fresh blood and she's not gonna set the charts on fire each time she burps.

Coming out of BJ and at this point in her career was going to be something hard anyway. Not to mention that she is kind of in the middle of a transition from a singles artist (BJ and S&S) to an album artist just like she always was. She can achieve something even better with B10, but the truth is, she's entering Madonna and Janet Jackson territory - legends that can't get good commercial performance and struggle for decent budgets. That doesn't mean she'll never get a #1 again, but it's getting harder to.

The matter here is that if you stan for her or for her commercial performance. 

7 minutes ago, Applejack said:

The numbers aren't disappointing. 100k - That’s what RCA was predicting. Y'all have to accept she's not fresh blood and she's not gonna set the charts on fire each time she burps.

Coming out of BJ and at this point in her career was going to be something hard anyway. Not to mention that she is kind of in the middle of a transition from a singles artist (BJ and S&S) to an album artist just like she always was. She can achieve something even better with B10, but the truth is, she's entering Madonna and Janet Jackson territory - legends that can't get good commercial performance and struggle for decent budgets. That doesn't mean she'll never get a #1 again, but it's getting harder to.

The matter here is that if you stan for her or for her commercial performance. 

Someone with some ******* sense.!!! You described what's happening perfectly. Also, if anyone is stanning for chart placements then please delete your account and save the meltdowns for someone who cares.:cigney:

14 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

But Barbara typically out sells her competition......she's had 21 #1 albums the most of any female artist in the US, she's a huge legend so I mean it's not as bad as you think......she's blocked other big names before too like Mariah.....back when Mariah still sold pretty well

Well i completely agree. But still #3 just saddens me.... FGL tho

Archived