The two things that Glory is missing

jamesedward94

1 minute ago, britneykid said:

Disagree with everything - lol seriously though.

And irreverence with Blackout? Pretty sure that's seen as her best album.

I just meant how they just threw all caution to the wind and it was just so different and in the midst of her breakdown. But honestly, listen to Touch of My Hand. That's her REAL voice. A lot of these songs don't sound like her. Glory is great overall, but I just wanted more of her holy, natural deep tone. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irreverance isn't the word you're looking for.

And, Britney has more than one comfortable tone. I don't it's fair to limit her just to her lower tone. There are certainly parts in which she does use her lower tone, but I applaud her for using her range. An artist shouldn't always just stick with what they've always done.

It's true that when I finished listening to Glory, I was like "So there aren't ballads :(".

But other than that, I disagree with you. Glory has A LOT of smash songs. The proof is every fan has a different idea for the second single. Some people say Slumber Party. Some people say Just Luv Me. Some people say Come Over. Some people say Liar. Some people say No Seas Cortes, etc.

And about the vocals, some songs are autotuned but mainly her voice sounds super raw and real so :trash: 

1 hour ago, jamesedward94 said:

You wanna seriously tell me there's not a ton of auto tune on this album? Even on Just Luv Me, where she sounds the most natural, they make her sound like she's some teenager or little girl and just completely cover up her natural, deep, mature tone. Listen to Touch of My Hand and then listen to this album. That is a perfect example of how Britney should be sounding. The fact that her vocals sounded more mature and rich 13 years ago is crazy. AND ENOUGH WITH LOVE ME DOWN. IT'S FILLER.

You clearly don't even know Britney's voice. Yes, her voice can have a deep tone. But just because she sounds a certain way on TOMH does not mean if her voice doesnt have that deep tone on a song that shes being autotuned. Did you watch her on carpool karaoke? Did you hear her singing BOMT and OIDIA? She sounded exactly like the "some teenage or little girl" sound you are talking about. Her voice is versatile. Stop complaining. 

3 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

For me though, it's almost not experimental enough. I mean, she has a song in French and there's some Spanish, but a lot of the songs are just kind of like everything else out today, and those are only bonus tracks. I didn't want typical Max Martin songs, but she could've had more standout smashes in the style they chose for Glory. 

Obviously you are assuming she would go all Bjork on this album and you have a set idea of what experimental is. If you read the critic reviews, they are praising her for stepping out of her boundaries, a track will go one way but completely change like in Liar. The music on this record is different from the glossy productions she's done and I'm surprised you can't see that and even more surprised you are refusing to admit you are lookikg for top 40 hits on this album. There are so many tracks that stand out and are unique and many fans will agree.

55 minutes ago, greenbear89 said:

You clearly don't even know Britney's voice. Yes, her voice can have a deep tone. But just because she sounds a certain way on TOMH does not mean if her voice doesnt have that deep tone on a song that shes being autotuned. Did you watch her on carpool karaoke? Did you hear her singing BOMT and OIDIA? She sounded exactly like the "some teenage or little girl" sound you are talking about. Her voice is versatile. Stop complaining. 

:orly:

I definitely know her voice actually, I got her first album when I was 4 years old. And yes, her voice is definitely versatile. I just think some of the songs don't sound like her. Listen to any of her past 4 albums (well maybe not Britney Jean since that was Myah's album). I think they just smoothed over her vocals too much (actually a problem with most of today's music). I just prefer them more raw. I mean, yeah, this album has many great moments so I'm not saying it's bad in the least bit, it might actually be my favorite album of hers.

It's just my opinion.

Just now, jamesedward94 said:

:orly:

I definitely know her voice actually, I got her first album when I was 4 years old. And yes, her voice is definitely versatile. I just think some of the songs don't sound like her. Listen to any of her past 4 albums (well maybe not Britney Jean since that was Myah's album). I think they just smoothed over her vocals too much (actually a problem with most of today's music). I just prefer them more raw. I mean, yeah, this album has many great moments so I'm not saying it's bad in the least bit, it might actually be my favorite album of hers.

It's just my opinion.

I respect your opinion. But I really do think these are the best vocals we have since In the Zone. Britney Jean and Femme Fatale were filled with autotune. Circus and Blackout weren't necessarily autotune-filled but she experiments more with her voice on this album than she did on those. 

23 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Obviously you are assuming she would go all Bjork on this album and you have a set idea of what experimental is. If you read the critic reviews, they are praising her for stepping out of her boundaries, a track will go one way but completely change like in Liar. The music on this record is different from the glossy productions she's done and I'm surprised you can't see that and even more surprised you are refusing to admit you are lookikg for top 40 hits on this album. There are so many tracks that stand out and are unique and many fans will agree.

Well, no. But I really don't understand why the most experimental tracks are all bonus tracks....the French song, the Spanish song, the western song. A lot of the standard album isn't super artsy fartsy, but I guess a good bit of it is different for her. I just wanted a little more Britnet magic instead it trying to sound like Selena or Justin. That's all I'm saying. Maybe it's just a little too chill for me or something...idk. But I honestly love the album a lot so it's not that big of a deal.

Dude stop. If she wanted to work with Max Martin should would have. She didn't want to be defined by another producer/writer/vocal engineer anymore which is why she worked with totally new people this era who let her call the shots. She's not doing the face she does on the BJ cover anymore. That face defines the whole bj era but not glory cause she chose who she wanted to work with. This takes away power from the producers who have dominated pop music and made a name for themselves. Its time the artists take back the power from the producers.

3 minutes ago, greenbear89 said:

I respect your opinion. But I really do think these are the best vocals we have since In the Zone. Britney Jean and Femme Fatale were filled with autotune. Circus and Blackout weren't necessarily autotune-filled but she experiments more with her voice on this album than she did on those. 

I agree that she sounds amazing! But like on Circus, it was auto-tuned but it had a more mature vibe or angst and spunk like on If You Seek Amy, Kill the Lights, or Radar. She sounded 100% like Britney. She didn't sound like a chipmunk EVER on blackout or circus. I think she is singing phenomenally and it's the producers' fault for making her sound this way. I mean, I would love to hear What You Need without the excess auto tune. She probably sounded spectacular! But overall, I do think this album does come close to her In the Zone days.

3 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Dude stop. If she wanted to work with Max Martin should would have. She didn't want to be defined by another producer/writer/vocal engineer anymore which is why she worked with totally new people this era who let her call the shots. She's not doing the face she does on the BJ cover anymore. That face defines the whole bj era but not glory cause she chose who she wanted to work with. This takes away power from the producers who have dominated pop music and made a name for themselves. Its time the artists take back the power from the producers.

All I said was I wanted a bigger hit and a song with sincere, mature vocals like Everytime or Shadow. I've said that I think this is probably her best album and my favorite, and I honestly couldn't care less if she ever works with Max again. Britney will always be my favorite pop star, and I have nothing but love for her. I'm allowed to give opinions.  

I like the album overall and i agree with you on what you said. I loved Just Love Me right away but the problem is, it reminded me too much of Selena's Good For You. Then there was Better, another song that I loved, but it's very similar to Major Lazer & DJ Snake - Lean On. I get why most of you love LMD but it's too repetitive for me, just like at least half of the songs. I heard the album many time already but I always skip PS, Clumsy, DYWCO, Just like me, HTFY, What you need and Couture Electrique. I'm not used to not liking so many songs on Britney's album. Invitation and Man On The Moon are good songs but TOO MUCH autotune, it's the same kinda angelic voice the whole song... this is where I wish we could hear more of her original voice.

Another thing that really bothers me is that usually Britney's songs make me happy and make me want to get up and dance, but this album not one song made me feel this way, yes, even If I'm Dancing.

I know i'm complaining too much. I LOVE Britney, I'll always be a fan of hers, but this album I only LIKE, not LOVE unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, Marina said:

I like the album overall and i agree with you on what you said. I loved Just Love Me right away but the problem is, it reminded me too much of Selena's Good For You. Then there was Better, another song that I loved, but it's very similar to Major Lazer & DJ Snake - Lean On. I get why most of you love LMD but it's too repetitive for me, just like at least half of the songs. I heard the album many time already but I always skip PS, Clumsy, DYWCO, Just like me, HTFY, What you need and Couture Electrique. I'm not used to not liking so many songs on Britney's album. Invitation and Man On The Moon are good songs but TOO MUCH autotune, it's the same kinda angelic voice the whole song... this is where I wish we could hear more of her original voice.

Another thing that really bothers me is that usually Britney's songs make me happy and make me want to get up and dance, but this album not one song made me feel this way, yes, even If I'm Dancing.

I know i'm complaining too much. I LOVE Britney, I'll always be a fan of hers, but this album I only LIKE, not LOVE unfortunately.

THANK YOU.

When I think of her album Femme Fatale it was SO fun even though it was slightly generic at times. I just feel like this album is more serious or just needs a Radar or Scary or If You Seek Amy or something. I kinda get that with Private Show, but they WAYYY overproduced her voice on it. There's just nothing iconic or anything a step above the rest on Glory. It's her best overall album since In the Zone though and I really do like it. 

8 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Okay, I'll start by saying as a whole, Glory is one of Britney's best. I will always love Britney's early albums with her undeniable star power and effortless pop sensibility, and the irreverence of Blackout with all the crazy production, but this album is amazing. 

There are just two things that, for me, Glory is missing that would really take it over the top and make it a smash.

One is an undeniable, huge hit. With Femme Fatale, after Hold It Against Me we all knew the next single should be Till the World Ends. With Oops!, Lucky and Stronger were obvious singles. And with In the Zone there was Toxic. However, this time around they chose a different type of first single with Make Me which is much more laid back and "chill" compared to her other first singles. The alarming this is, there isn't an instant follow up this time around that everyone can point to in agreement and say SMASH. That's a problem. The songs on Glory are great, and Britney sounds the best she has in years, but without that one definitive hit, I'm not sure how well Glory can do in the long run.

Second, Glory needed a sincere, honest, and personal vocal from Britney that showed her true, mature voice. For example, in Hands, we got a glimpse of that and she sounds so inspiring. For pretty much the entire album, even on songs where she sounds great, her voice is still auto tuned too much. Her true voice is much deeper and more mature than this album shows. With songs like Everytime or My Baby there are moments where she just sounds completely genuine and you really feel her and it gives you chills. There is not one moment on Glory where everything is just stripped back and her natural voice gets the chance to shine. and that's very upsetting because there is no reason for it. Producers continue to cover up what could be her secret weapon: her natural tone! 

Glory is still a phenomenal record and hopefully this turns out to be one of her best eras because Britney truly deserves all the success in the world. Here's to hoping we get an iconic music video and possibly a tour! 

You really know how auto tune sounds?...   Resultado de imagen para wwe gif

Archived