My complete breakdown of which songs off Glory should be singles and why

jamesedward94

For me, it's always pretty obvious which songs are made to be the singles. What makes it tough in this case, however, is almost every song sounds single worthy. But, I still think it's pretty clear which are the main stand outs. 

•Invitation - The album starts off on a high note with this ethereal, heavenly sounding song that gives off an Enya vibe and brings instant chills. The production values and her voice make this a good choice for a single.

•Just Luv Me - This slower, moody song is perfectly suited for Britney's voice. It's one of the best sounding on the entire record. Not extremely exciting, but would be absolutely perfect for radio and is definitely a strong contender to be a single.

•Slumber Party - An instant fan favorite. It's spunky, catchy, and just a lot of fun. This is next level Britney, and it definitely has an influence of Hotline Bling. This needs to be a single.

•Do You Wanna Come Over? - The best upbeat, dance song on the album, this cut instantly screams single. It has flawless production and is extremely fun and catchy. Sounds like a classic Britney song and is a standout compared to other, slower songs on the album. 

•Better - This bonus track is one that I keep coming back to. It sounds very current and would fit perfectly on the radio. It's extremely catchy and gets stuck in your head, Britney's vocal is great, and the production is perfect.

•Just Like Me - It has a unique, concept and it's one of her best, endearing vocal moments. Out of all the potential singles, this is not the most popular, but it's a standout.

•Change Your Mind - This Spanish influenced song hits all the right notes. It's modern, sassy, and Britney's vocals are confident and ****. This edgy bonus track could be a big hit. 

Liar is another fan favorite but it just doesn't seem to fit with the overall sound of the album which may be the reason for it being a bonus track. While one of the best songs as a whole, it has more of the classic Britney sound, not the edgy, current feel of the rest of the album. 

Man On The Moon is the midtempo sweet song that we get from each album that fans adore but never gets released as a single despite high admiration (Shadow, Unusual You, Trip To Your Heart). The choirs is flawless, but it just doesn't seem like a great choice for a single.

Lastly, many have said Love Me Down should be a single, but I have to disagree. It sounds like many of the songs off of Femme Fatale which, though produced flawlessly, sounded straight out of the factory and sorta nothing special. It's a great song, but definitely not unique or a standout vocally. Catchy, yes. Single worthy, no.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Aleister Crowley said:

Liar will be second single and you will deal :brityes:

I would love that, but it doesn't seem to fit with he rest of the album. Glory has a very laid back, chill vibe. I feel like Liar might have been the type of direction the album was headed at one point, but they went with a different sound so it was left as a bonus track. 

I agree on so much of what u said!!! I truly believe any song could be a single they are honestly all great and w the right promo could be a success. I love this era! Can't wait to support and bump all and any singles. Thank u for voicing some positivity and great analysis !!

Archived