Serious question: why everyone wants Slumber Party as a single?

andreafly1

4 minutes ago, agirlnamedlucky said:

Exactly what I was going to say. I know some straight guys who like Make Me, but they wouldn't be caught dead listening to a song called "Slumber Party" lol.

Love Me Down and Liar are the strongest, hardest-hitting songs on the album. We need that change of pace for single 2. 

Better has the best chance at being a smash hit though. It sounds exactly like what's on the radio right now (only BETTER) and the GP would eat it up.

Yes,Better is a bop. I remember not caring for it when I heard it for the first time but it grew on me and is now one of my faves. it def sounds like what the gp loves to eat up,but I feel like it would have worked best as a summer single! There was a missed opportunity here somewhere :ohnoney:

But yes,we need a change of pace. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love me down and Hard to forget ya are both fully pop songs and nowadays pop songs don't smash hard like they used to... latest examples: me too by meghan and into you by ariana.

The songs that have reached high positions in charts and get thousands of spotify streams have dancehall/reggae/tropical/r&b  sounds, like: work, one dance, work from home, cheap thrills, needed me, sorry, love yourself, pillowtalk, good for you, etc.

The only pop song that has smashed recently is can't stop the feeling by timberlake and that's because it had a HUGE radio deal. Unless britney has one, LMD or HTFY will not take off.

Therefore, the best options are: Just Luv Me, Slumber Party or Better.

LMD and Liar are my faves tho :rihclap:

32 minutes ago, Glory(Hole) said:

Yall need to remember that what we like as a fan base is not necessarily what the public will like. Lets be honest sistren

If it was up to the gays,every Britney song would be Number 1 and slaying the charts. The gp has safe and generic tastes,which is why songs like Scream & Shout slayed

Britney singing about a **** slumber party is not going to hold the public's attention. They song is too gay to function:moorangu:

Love Me Down and Liar are safer bets:angietea:

:tbh:

1 hour ago, Andrea Beez said:

I'm not dissing the track by asking this...the fact is there are definitely better single choices, in my opinion. It's a fun song, but that's it. :selenerz:

Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Just Luv Me and Man On The Moon exist...why Slumber Party? Everytime i listen to that song i feel like there's something missing and i can't even imagine a music video unless it is Britney pulling a Make Me 2.0 chilling with her girlfriends or something like that. (Let's not mention the bonus tracks, we all know those aren't supposed to be released as singles).

So, i want to genuinely know why 90% of the Army considers Slumber Party as a massive potential hit...the chorus? The production? 

Just let me know, thanks! :moorangu:

There's no better song on the album tbh  :bigkiss: i mean Slumber Party

That and Just Love Me are the best ones imo.

Love me Down is... well not the best. And Man On The Moon? I don't understand all the hype around it tbh :4music:

The thing is, there's not banger in the album and that's something we're not used to from her. That's why I think it's so hard for us to pick a next single :xfactorlook: oh well, whatever comes, I'll support it. ;)

No shade, but you guys really need to go out more if you think Slumber Party will be "too gay". :orangu::orangu: It has an urban vibe, which makes it one of the most straight friendly songs on the album. Urban music in general is more straight friendly, which is why Rihanna and Beyonce are the most straight friendly popstars at the moment.

It's also possible to do choreo for it the way Janet was able to do choreo for Thats the way love goes and I Get So Lonely.

4 minutes ago, BGirlTrack said:

No shade, but you guys really need to go out more if you think Slumber Party will be "too gay". :orangu::orangu: It has an urban vibe, which makes it one of the most straight friendly songs on the album. Urban music in general is more straight friendly, which is why Rihanna and Beyonce are the most straight friendly popstars at the moment.

It's also possible to do choreo for it the way Janet was able to do choreo for Thats the way love goes and I Get So Lonely.

Exactly what I think

welcome :bwink:

1 hour ago, GiveMeASign96 said:

Liar will be a huge radio hit if they're smart and release it as the next single. Bookmark me :wannadie:

If it would be good at the same time with music video.  :angietea:

Just now, DaRealMVP said:

Exactly what I think

welcome :bwink:

The song also brings out the best in Brit's voice. She's always her best when she channels Janet.

If Brit pushes herself and tries to do choreo like this for the song, she'd earn a lot of praise

Liar is a terrible choice too btw.

Love Me Down isn't a bad choice, but I can see people hating it and we need a song that will be universally loved.

I don't see Slumber Party getting dragged... she's actually SINGING in it, the vocal effects are clearly there for artistic purposes and the production is very easy listening and current without being too bandwagon-y. All in all, it's just a very good song. :carpoolney: 

3 minutes ago, SONAR said:

I'm in the same boat sis. 

I like the song, but I think there are stronger single options. But tbh it gives me one dance vibes so maybe it'll do well. 

The one song I REALLY want as a single is Just Luv Me. 

I love Just Luv Me too, but I just can't imagine good live performances for it, unless she sings live... They already struggled giving Make Me a good visual as it is. :angietea:

They can do a lot with Slumber Party in comparison.

Archived