Britards having a Meltdown because BB200

HotAsIce.ve

Since the day one the predictions in the US was a #3 or even #4 Debut, never a #1 debut (With the numbers she pulled in other week of course the #1 was possibly but this week was very difficult) 

Seriously I can't understand some fans expecting Glory pulled numbers like Blackout - Femme Fatale. Or sold more of 200K when:

1. Britney this time don't have a Hit Song before the album release. Make Me before the release week was almost dead, thank god this week was the revival. But you know it that song before Carpool was basically dead. 

2. The VMAs don't have any impact because she don't do anything crazy, or iconic. Even Kanye outshine her in the media news the morning after. And I'm sure her team choose this date because the VMAs it's a shame because for example this Week with 116K the #1 debut on BB200 it's guaranteed because are zero important releases.

She is doing Great, the album have amazing numbers for the ZERO Hype in the GP before the release day. This year the only female who sold more of 200K was Beyonce (With a Super Bowl performance of her lead single, and the GP kissing her *** for every move she made for her Movie on HBO) 

Even Rihanna with Anti can't sold more of 166K, and she was having a big exposure with Work (a monster #1 Hit Song with almost 10 weeks at the #1 in the charts) 

Be grateful the Music it's Amazing this time and also she is pulling amazing debut WW (a HUGE improvement from Britney Jean)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most annoying part here, honestly, is that when there's a chance of winning, they went all in for Britney. Now that her figures didn't match what their best expectations are, they drop her like a hot potato.

Seriously guys, we've been through worse eras. Blackout era was great musically but not in terms of sales or promotional appearances. And this is a message for younger fans: You have no idea how good this era is when compared to others.

I do think however that Britney's team needs to make adjustments overall, like bringing her brand into the new decade instead of being stuck in mid-2000s type of push and promotion, but nonetheless, you have to understand what the current circumstances are.

Just now, laurelhenessy said:

The most annoying part here, honestly, is that when there's a chance of winning, they went all in for Britney. Now that her figures didn't match what their best expectations are, they drop her like a hot potato.

Seriously guys, we've been through worse eras. Blackout era was great musically but not in terms of sales or promotional appearances. And this is a message for younger fans: You have no idea how good this era is when compared to others.

I do think however that Britney's team needs to make adjustments overall, like bringing her brand into the new decade instead of being stuck in mid-2000s type of push and promotion, but nonetheless, you have to understand what the current circumstances are.

This!!!

Only see the negative and the same britney's fans will helping other fan bases to say that is being a flop with this attitude, when clearly is NOT beside britney is recovering in other markets that are important where Britney Jean debuted outside the top 20 and in the second week was not where to be found,  she also is getting debut that hasn't had since her prime.

1 minute ago, zombie hands said:

wait sorry but is the #3 debut just a prediction or did it actually happen? when will the debut happen?

It's actually happen. Almost 116K SPS. The Billboards numbers are up this Monday. I'm sure the final numbers will be 117-118K. But that is good. Like I said I was not expecting anything more, when you look the panorama before the release week (Make Me almost dead and the bad Music Video)

Plus music industry just doesnt sell like it used to, the fact that someone can get a #1 with 70k means nothing. I'd rather have the album float in the top 20 for a year than a hot debut and disappear

At this point as long as she's slaying live and the music is good and she's happy she can make whatever she wants and the charts are irrelevant when you've been in the game for 18 years. 

Archived