Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, button said:

Yeah but their building chart includes streaming, you can't say that the number not changing by one single unit is normal.

Since the day one the predictions was that numbers. Seriously I can't understand some fans expecting Glory pulled numbers like Blackout - Femme Fatale. When:

1. Britney this time don't have a Hit Song before the album release. Make Me before the release week was almost dead, thank god this week was the revival. 

2. The VMAs don't have any impact because she don't do anything crazy, or iconic. Even Kanye outshine her in the media news the morning after. 

She is doing Great, the album have amazing numbers for the ZERO Hype in the GP before the release day. 

5 minutes ago, button said:

Yeah but their building chart includes streaming, you can't say that the number not changing by one single unit is normal.

Because it is a PREDICTION not an actual count. You guys don't understand how statistics work?

The final count won't come in until Billboard posts the actual numbers, but it won't change by much then. As these predictions are usually very accurate.

4 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

Since the day one the predictions was that numbers. Seriously I can't understand some fans expecting Glory pulled numbers like Blackout - Femme Fatale. When:

1. Britney this time don't have a Hit Song before the album release. Make Me before the release week was almost dead, thank god this week was the revival. 

2. The VMAs don't have any impact because she don't do anything crazy, or iconic. Even Kanye outshine her in the media news the morning after. 

She is doing Great, the album have amazing numbers for the ZERO Hype in the GP before the release day. 

I agree that people bashing her numbers is disgusting. The VMA had no effect because they chose to perform Make Me only. Not even a mention of her album either.

There was hope before the VMA but after she performed it was clear she'd be #3. I don't understand the meltdowns.

Just now, anakinskywalker said:

She still has a career because WE are still here for her. GP doesn't give a **** about Britney Spears for years now :embarrassney:

Meh, I don't really care anymore, I'm not obsessed about this because Britney doesn't seem to be affected either. Sure, I'd love to witness some success again, but I'm not having meltdowns over sales or positions anymore. If she does well I'll celebrate, if she flops then I'll be sad for 10 minutes and move on 'cause I know she is not bothered.

Time to move on, you guys are saying how she's not relevant anymore so I don't know why are you acting like this. 

Don't expect big things from the GP. 

What's Good?

~ Glory will out-peak BJ in most countries including in the US (#3 vs #4).

~ Debut week sales - she outsold/matched "current female artists" like Demi Lovato (98K S&S), Selena Gomez (117K S&S), Sia (81K S&S) Gwen Stefani (84K S&S.)

- Her streaming has improved big-time and the B Army should be proud of our efforts. 

- Britney promoted on several radio shows, Today show, VMAs, Kimmel, Carpool Karaoke... she still has Ellen to come and that looks like it'll be fun!

~ Glory is a great album, unlike BJ! 

What's Bad?

~ The Make Me MV is tragic and an embarrassment. Such a shame given how amazing and **** the original looked. 

~ The Make Me choreo is awful and should've been axed long before it was ever used. It made her VMAs performance look bad and the Today show was just as bad (the knee-tapping, guys? The ******* knee-tapping is cringe-central.)

~ Glory has SO MANY amazing songs, but the GP have only seen Make Me and 1 performance of Do You Wanna Come Over. Such a waste so far. Hopefully, Britney will show off other songs soon. 

~ Radio truly hates Britney and Make Me hasn't been the hit single needed to launch Glory on a high. Lead singles are so important, but Make Me had zero promo until it had already been out for weeks and weeks. 

14 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

She is doing the same numbers of Selena, and almost the same numbers of Rihanna & Arianna. The only girl this year who cross the 200K mark was Beyonce (but you know the GP kiss her *** so much with that **** of the Visual and the Movie on HBO)

And Selena, Rihanna and Arianna are a Big Things right now, they are hot and in their primes. I mean right now Rihanna or even Selena have more support from the GP and have more fans than Britney. 

@mmmpapiloveyou

Beyonce sold so much because she bought millions of copies for her own :boredashell:

That clown is ridiculous :angietea:

Archived