Lip-syncing

lileli

For the first four albums, the accusation of Britney lipping was greatly exaggerated. Normally her mic was always on, she would wooo, and good portion of the time the ballads were always live. Even when her vocals were mostly lipped, there was usually a live band in order to add differences from he track(Think Toxic on Ellen). While the world attacked her for lipping, it really was not THAT bad. After 2004, the lip-syncing became really real. The Circus tour started this trend of just using CD vocals which I don't understand why.  Just pre-record guys! However, I want to emphasize that the pure lipping did not happen that often in the first half of her career.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PokemonSpears said:

Well, the FFT, one of the few positive things it had were some live vocals, or a combination of pre-recorded and live. People say they were only pre-recorded, but I remember watching some performances, where she's clearly singing at least the verses of Trouble for Me.

Very true. Forgot about the era since I think it was the era that caused a lot of our current troubles(terrible promo performances).

I don't understand her lip synching, I mean it likes she trys so hard to hide it but fails so bad cus fr fr does the girl even know how to properly lip sync I mean all the girls (guys) are using play back and lip synch these days they put there make down and dance to there own voice but then they pic up the mic and actually sing a little so they can get away with it. Its like they make it obvious there lipping but they have no shame in it I guess but Britney makes it obvious and doesn't try to make it look real. I hope they find her team finds her new talent coaches cus she has the talent she just not using it to her full capacity and that saddens me

Just now, Britman512 said:

I don't understand her lip synching, I mean it likes she trys so hard to hide it but fails so bad cus fr fr does the girl even know how to properly lip sync I mean all the girls (guys) are using play back and lip synch these days they put there make down and dance to there own voice but then they pic up the mic and actually sing a little so they can get away with it. Its like they make it obvious there lipping but they have no shame in it I guess but Britney makes it obvious and doesn't try to make it look real. I hope they find her team finds her new talent coaches cus she has the talent she just not using it to her full capacity and that saddens me

Exactly. Beyonce lips A LOT but is usually never caught because she ad-libs a little or throws something in there. it is so easy to get away with lipping most parts of a song but you have to seem like you are actually singing at times. Look at others, lip a little put the mic down pick it up sing a bit repeat...not hard...Idk why she doesn't do that

15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, the FFT, one of the few positive things it had were some live vocals, or a combination of pre-recorded and live. People say they were only pre-recorded, but I remember watching some performances, where she's clearly singing at least the verses of Trouble for Me.

Yeah she sang He About To Lose Me too, and sounded beautiful....before it got cut out of the tour :shameless:

It bothers me now that I'm older but you are right I think it's because her performances don't draw us in like in her prime. So we are looking for other things to take our attention away from the costumes we don't like and the choreo. 

Where as primeney's everything kept us happy. Because everything was flawless (minus that pitched DLMBTLTK DWAD performance) 

If she say live more ppl wouldn't be omg she looks stiff etc because she is singing. Like you said she doesn't need to be on Broadway belting everything out. 

Lol this is reminding me of Kathy Griffin saying Britney walked on stage clicked "play" and proceeded with the show during Circus. It's true.

It's weird that they added ONE adlib to Toxic and heavy breathing at the end of it during the BBMA's.... Like that's the laziest thing I've ever seen on the part of her team lmao.

9 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

It could be due to a lot of things, only Britney knows... I think it's her anxiety.

And they've noticed that fans really don't care, I mean her show in Vegas is doing fantastic and those are not even pre-recorded vocals, they are cd vocals... So why would they make an effort when it's not affecting them?

But besides that, I truly believe it's her anxiety and just like I believe that I also believe she WILL sing live again, we just need to give her time! One step a time guys :) 

1 minute ago, Girl On The Moon said:

It could be due to a lot of things, only Britney knows... I think it's her anxiety.

And they've noticed that fans really don't care, I mean her show in Vegas is doing fantastic and those are not even pre-recorded vocals, they are cd vocals... So why would they make an effort when it's not affecting them?

But besides that, I truly believe it's her anxiety and just like I believe that I also believe she WILL sing live again, we just need to give her time! One step a time guys :) 

But didn't she say that her anxiety was kinda in check now or it left, something like that

3 minutes ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

But didn't she say that her anxiety was kinda in check now or it left, something like that

You can learn to control it in certain situations, under a controlled environment. I live with anxiety and it's not easy... Imagine being in her place, where people criticize every little detail about her life or performances. Yeah she's a singer, but her profession and talent are not a magic mask that suddenly makes anxiety disappear. Mental health is nothing to be taken lightly and it's a battle that you fight every day and a victory you conquer one step a time. 

2 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

You can learn to control it in certain situations, under a controlled environment. I live with anxiety and it's not easy... Imagine being in her place, where people criticize every little detail about her life or performances. Yeah she's a singer, but her profession and talent are not a magic mask that suddenly makes anxiety disappear. Mental health is nothing to be taken lightly and it's a battle that you fight every day and a victory you conquer one step a time. 

I feel you. Snaps for you baby :kisses2all: 

Just now, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

I feel you. Snaps for you baby :kisses2all: 

4 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Now that we on that topic doesn't Britney also had ADHD? I forgot?

3 minutes ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

Now that we on that topic doesn't Britney also had ADHD? I forgot?

There where reports during the X-Factor that claimed she suffers from ADHD however I'm not sure if they are true or not. I made a quick google search and only found the report on Radar and DailyMail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2154960/Britney-Spears-revealed-suffering-ADHD-unable-medication-it.html 

7 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

There where reports during the X-Factor that claimed she suffers from ADHD however I'm not sure if they are true or not. I made a quick google search and only found the report on Radar and DailyMail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2154960/Britney-Spears-revealed-suffering-ADHD-unable-medication-it.html 

Yea, I was asking that cause I heard that and also I have ADHD, It was really taking a toll on me in school and when I took the meds, it was THE WORST. At first it was ok cool was I started to do good and then the side effect really kick in and I lost it. I felt like a robot and that I wasn't really doing it, lose my appetite in food, I thought I was losing weight, little things set me off, and extremely emotional and I'm a pretty emotional person without the meds, so imagine being emotional to the tenth power. So I rejected the meds like hardcore 

Archived