Britney real voice vs "baby voice"

timito

I was watching some videos on YouTube and came across this one someone made. I know it's a bit long but to me it was interesting to see that point of view. First of I loved seeing in one place videos of her singing live. Second do you think there is some truth to it? Do you think her label made her sing in a different way?

I wish she could sing live some of the songs like the slow ones live. I watched the carpool karaoke again and I just couldn't stop enjoying hearing her voice live. It's awesome! 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, marioh said:

I'll just say this: Silent Night 1996 vs 1999. No words needed.

Wow I just saw what you mean on YouTube. What a difference! I've always been thinking what has happened with the voice from that talent show when she was a kid. I guess that's a proper explanation for it.  

Honestly, Britney is almost 20 years into her career. I really wish that she could just take full control of her art and screw the public perception of what her voice is supposed to sound like. If she has been lipsyncing all this time because she's no longer capable of being able to sing in that unnatural baby voice, then screw it just sing in your natural register! Can you imagine how many lives she would slay? GP would be stunned out of the water. They won't be able to say she's a talentless hack anymore.

I would SO love to hear her sing "Private Show" and "What You Need" in her natural register live. It is almost impossible to keep control of your voice when you're singing unnaturally. That's why she would crack so much when she did sing live. Her natural deeper tone is beautiful just the same, and I agree I wish she would just take control and SING. She is looked at like a joke by the general public because they assume she lip-syncs because she can't sing which is totally untrue! 

57 minutes ago, timito said:

Second do you think there is some truth to it? Do you think her label made her sing in a different way?

It was either her record label or one of the producers who worked with her on the BOMT album. I always assumed that Max Martin was the one who coached her to sing in that nasally voice. She was a musical theater kid with a legit voice, but they wanted her to sound more "pop."  It did create a signature sound for her, but it's also done some harm in terms of people's perception of her vocal abilities.

2 minutes ago, luluvega said:

It was either her record label or one of the producers who worked with her on the BOMT album. I always assumed that Max Martin was the one who coached her to sing in that nasally voice. She was a musical theater kid with a legit voice, but they wanted her to sound more "pop."  It did create a signature sound for her, but it's also done some harm in terms of people's perception of her vocal abilities.

Of course its an already proved fact. You can check her Wikipedia page as well. Its written there that when they hired her, they shaped her voice and ****.

Guest StrawberryKisses

You can see when she performs BOMT on Letterman she looks uncomfortable with her baby voice. She does that weird face.

Britney can sing live, but not with the high voice she's known for.

9 minutes ago, Vgameman2011 said:

As much as I love the music she's created I can't help but wish that it wasn't at the expense of her voice. I can't imagine how damaged it's become after being forced to sing unnaturally for so many years. :sobbing:

It's not that easy to damage your voice. Just because you sing higher once or twice a week (yeah, I doubt she spends endless hours in the studio, considering it's taking 3 years to release an album) it's not going to get damaged.

Dennis Pop and Max Martin around late 90s made music in Europe where they got the singers they worked with to sing nasally (idk i think it was a popular thing at the time, more likely in sweden)

Britney's always had the ability to play with her voice (watch the mickey mouse club, idk what the song's called but she sings "why waste your time, when you know you're gonna be mine." she sings that in a nasal tone.)

Idk where i read this but i remember reading that max heard her singing and she would sing nasally without even realising, so they worked together with Eric Foster White to bring it out more and shape her voice to fit the kind of songs she was making (the same kind that was popular in Europe). 

If you listen to certain songs on the album, you can tell which ones were recorded first (like Soda Pop). Most of the songs on Baby were recorded when she could acheive that nasal sound. 

By Oops, she had perfected that style of singing and has been singing the same way ever since

I know there are songs where she sounds "deep" (let go) but there are traces of nasality on songs like that. I dont think she could ever pull off a "deep" voice again without cracking/sounding unstable 

13 minutes ago, GiveMeASign96 said:

I dont think she could ever pull off a "deep" voice again without cracking/sounding unstable 

I so agree with u in general, but we know nothing about her actual voice condition. Maybe she likes to sing in her deep voice at home and it's well-trained? Who knows, for years we only heard her baby, mostly autotuned voice. :donewithit:

Archived