PERFORMING-WISE: Circusney or Gloryney

coo

Who performs better?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Calilove1 said:

gloryney. shes in a wayyy better place

Image result for britney spears 2008 dance gif this vs  Image result for britney spears 2016 dance gif

agree on she seems happier in her performances and it shows energy wise.

but darling its a live performance vs a music video for a commercial which they can shoot and edit multiple times. not really a fair comparison :quirkney:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I think it HAD a theme.

But the creative concepts behind the era got scrapped at the same time that Britney and David LaChapelle parted ways.

It might up but it doesn't now. 

3 minutes ago, coo said:

FF concept is good imo, her execution was bad. i feel like glory has a concept, which is this 'bright', 'pure', 'sensual' vibe (album cover, artworks, songs) but the performance doesn't reflect that as much. i'm not counting on it, but this era needs a LIVE performance more than ever as it goes hand in hand with her album concept.

None of the stuff they did for it went with the theme. It didn't make sense and the songs on the album didn't really fit. You can have a concept name but if nothing follows it really isn't a concept and just a name. 

Glory is a very sensual album (like ITZ) but the booklet is almost like she is pure. It's the opposite of the music. They could have did Glory in a different way. 

Circusney is the closest we have gotten to primeney, in terms of her attitude, confidence and skills when it comes to dancing. Just sad that she didn't DANCE a lot, but her movements speaks for themselves, Britney is still stiff and doesn't really move her hips like she used to. 

And for anyone coming at me, nothing Brit has done from 2011 to now has been better than this, dancing wise

:frenchy:  circus tour had zero choreo 
yes, she was more flexible (even tho she didn't bend in Slave) which is weird because she didn't practice because of kids 3 years after 2004 and now she's constantly performing since 08 and seems stift sometimes 
but Gloryney is trying, she has songs with full choreo and doesn't halfass everything like she did in circus tour
Britney's career was always dancing and TCS:BS was called Walkus for a reason 
I don't understand why you would prefer her chewing a gum on shows and only walking when we had BBMAney in may :letitburn: this medley is her best perfomance in years 

2 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Circusney is the closest we have gotten to primeney, in terms of her attitude, confidence and skills when it comes to dancing. Just sad that she didn't DANCE a lot, but her movements speaks for themselves, Britney is still stiff and doesn't really move her hips like she used to. 

And for anyone coming at me, nothing Brit has done from 2011 to now has been better than this, dancing wise

That and original circus choreography was the last time we saw primeney..

3 minutes ago, Sparks said:

But she didn't even do this on stage we all know she's better in rehearsals 

2 minutes ago, tsss said:

yes, she was more flexible (even tho she didn't bend in Slave) which is weird because she didn't practice because of kids 3 years after 2004 and now she's constantly performing since 08 and seems stift sometimes 
but Gloryney is trying, she has songs with full choreo and doesn't halfass everything like she did in circus tour
I don't understand why you would prefer her chewing a gum on shows and only walking when we had BBMAney in may :letitburn: this medley is her best perfomance in years 

8 minutes ago, tsss said:

this. i PERSONALLY still prefers circusney in terms of performing, bc fluidity and attitude is what makes me love her in the first place. but i'm always rooting for her to do her best and get her groove back with time :otears:

Spoiler

she always seems pissed on circus though so there's that as a downside as well

7 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

That and original circus choreography was the last time we saw primeney..

:otears:

12 minutes ago, BritneyLimited said:

Her son named the album, that says a lot...it doesn't have a theme. Just like BJ didn't either...except for the "most personal album" **** but that doesn't leave  much room to grow creatively.

The Circus album didn't have a theme either, until they recorded Circus as the last song and officially gave the album it's "concept."

I believe the Glory era previously had a visual theme, but it's mostly been abandoned...

- mainly black and white costumes and clothing for Britney (e.g. black leotards in original MM video, PS commercial, Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen, white on the MM cover, black and white outfits at the VMA's)
- a brown/gold desert landscape theme (MM cover, original MM dancer's outfits)
- emancipation (MM cage)
- who knows what else.

I voted for circus because britney gave us you oughta know 100% live, some live vocals during everytime and the amazing "oops", "aaaa" throughout the performances of the circus tour.

now she uses playback every single time and I can not stand it. 

if currentney sang live she would slay circusney.

please, brit! Sing!!!

1 hour ago, Rico. said:

2016ney by far.

as for the Glory performances, let's just compare these two

MM has better choreo, more energy, more fluidity and is performed at a much more relevant show and yet it's a mid tempo song

Is it just me or was the broadcast for the VMAs pretty bad... She performed great, but the angles and the movement of the cameras were not that good

Circus has better choreography, although there was not much, but they all looked good. And the production was much better as well.

But Gloryney is more energetic to me.

I hope she can find a new choreographer and a new show director who can come up with some new creative ideas.

Generally, I prefer the performances in Circus era more because of the production and costumes etc, but about Britney herself, I prefer 2016ney. She's doing really great and I'm proud of her.

(I voted for Gloryney)

Archived