PERFORMING-WISE: Circusney or Gloryney

coo

Who performs better?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

where is the potential sis??  Glory choreos have been awful so far.

a big decline from last year, there were moments on POM where she slayed and looked fierce

and it's because the choreos were either hip hop influenced ( original BTI, GM) or had elements of her old choreos ala Me Against The Music, she should've continued on this route.

imo her current (2016) choreos relies WAY too heavily on hairflips and that bird arm flying pose. i mean yes hairflips are cool and all but they can't just fill the whole performance with it and call it a day.

1 minute ago, BritneyLimited said:

Yup I agree. Even the theme they went with on POM is flawed. It doesn't make sense. It would in fact help to have a theme.

It goes back to her team not having creative ideas. 

Her best tours all had themes and concepts that went amazing with the albums and those eras were by far her strongest.   Britney, ITZ, Circus. 

I feel like Glory and FF are very much on the same page with lose of direction. FF name made little sense to the album and most of the concept choices of that era.

7 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I think the major flaw is Glory doesn't have a theme. So there really is no creative ideas. Circus has some of the best costumes of her career and so did DWAD with the pants outfits. 

Yeah I agree. Also, I don't necessarily see glory having any amazing performances because it's not a dance album. And we all know Britneys best performances have dance numbers. If she isn't gonna sing live but she's gonna perform a midtempo then obviously the performance is gonna suffer a bit TBH. 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

Her best tours all had themes and concepts that went amazing with the albums and those eras were by far her strongest.   Britney, ITZ, Circus. 

I feel like Glory and FF are very much on the same page with lose of direction. FF name made little sense to the album and most of the concept choices of that era.

FF had a theme tho...she was a spy right? Dear lord...her team is the absolute worst tbh. But also, Britney likes "cheesy" so...

11 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I think the major flaw is Glory doesn't have a theme. So there really is no creative ideas. Circus has some of the best costumes of her career and so did DWAD with the pants outfits. 

I think it HAD a theme.

But the creative concepts behind the era got scrapped at the same time that Britney and David LaChapelle parted ways.

1 minute ago, TripToYourLove<3 said:

Yeah I agree. Also, I don't necessarily see glory having any amazing performances because it's not a dance album. And we all know Britneys best performances have dance numbers. If she isn't gonna sing live but she's gonna perform a midtempo then obviously the performance is gonna suffer a bit TBH. 

I was so sick of the edm **** she gave us with BJ, but now not even one cool dance bop so I can dance along while I'm getting ready to go out. What a pitty...the album is still one of her best tho.

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

FF concept is good imo, her execution was bad. i feel like glory has a concept, which is this 'bright', 'pure', 'sensual' vibe (album cover, artworks, songs) but the performance doesn't reflect that as much. i'm not counting on it, but this era needs a LIVE performance more than ever as it goes hand in hand with her album concept.

Just now, coo said:

imo her current (2016) choreos relies WAY too heavily on hairflips and that bird arm pose. i mean yes hairflips are cool and all but they can't just fill the whole performance with it and call it a day.

MTE!! + the recycled props, cheap predictable glittery vegas outfits and the visuals this era have been utter crap from the music video to the album cover. :boredashell:

I kind of feel bad complaining because she actually delivered an amazing album, arguably her best since Blackout . :mcry:

2 minutes ago, TripToYourLove<3 said:

This album really has no room for lipping except a few songs. the choreography is not good and hasnt been for awhile so you are right with slower songs. it just won't ever look good unless someone comes in that knows what's up.

4 minutes ago, BritneyLimited said:

FF had a theme tho...she was a spy right? Dear lord...her team is the absolute worst tbh. But also, Britney likes "cheesy" so...

She was a spy in some interludes but the whole era lacked a concept of FF until that point. 

2 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I think it HAD a theme.

But the creative concepts behind the era got scrapped at the same time that Britney and David LaChapelle parted ways.

Her son named the album, that says a lot...it doesn't have a theme. Just like BJ didn't either...except for the "most personal album" **** but that doesn't leave  much room to grow creatively.

27 minutes ago, Rico. said:

2016ney by far.

as for the Glory performances, let's just compare these two

MM has better choreo, more energy, more fluidity and is performed at a much more relevant show and yet it's a mid tempo song

That's not the best of circusney and you kno it bye:saycheese:but I do prefer vmas energy she dancing 

Archived