Should we be threatened/worried about Gaga dropping a single when Glory Promo is in full swing?

WeaveHeavy

Gaga always seems to put out music around when Britney is - it happened with Born this Way and Artflop. Should we be worried /threatened at all by her dropping a new single in September? :idkney:

I'm hoping Britneys team moves forward with a second single by mid-late Sept. I'd be pressed if Perfect Illusion is in the top 10 and team Brit keeps trying to push the VMA eazy remix :angietea:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

Katy is the bigger threat singles-wise. Gaga might be the bigger threat when it comes to albums, but let's face it. What's important now is for Glory to sell well during the first week to prove her viability. #2-#10 in the coming weeks is fine.

I sense that Katy will be releasing by October/November so Katy is the bigger threat in terms of singles.

Just now, lilhennythings said:

is Gaga even relevant anymore?? 

Yes.  I know Britney stans like to pretend that Gaga is an irrelevant joke, but people will be checking for her single and it'll be a hit.  I don't see her or Katy as threats, though- by the time they even drop their first singles, Britney will probably be onto her second single.  And there's room for more than one or two female artists on the charts.  

6 minutes ago, lilhennythings said:

is Gaga even relevant anymore?? 

See, I don't really think so. But she's been clever about staying in the general public's focus with AHS, Tony Bennet, performing at the Oscars, national anthem at the super bowl, rallying for politics and lgbt rights, etc.

She's got lots of tactics for staying floating in the gp's mind. If you compare that to Brit, who has been somewhat tucked away for the last 4 years now. 

2 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Yes.  I know Britney stans like to pretend that Gaga is an irrelevant joke, but people will be checking for her single and it'll be a hit.  I don't see her or Katy as threats, though- by the time they even drop their first singles, Britney will probably be onto her second single.  And there's room for more than one or two female artists on the charts.  

Honestly I wasn't even joking! For pretty much every other pop star than Britney I could be considered "gp" and honestly Lady Gaga hasn't really registered on my radar in a long time.

2 minutes ago, WeaveHeavy said:

See, I don't really think so. But she's been clever about staying in the general public's focus with AHS, Tony Bennet, performing at the Oscars, national anthem at the super bowl, rallying for politics and lgbt rights, etc.

She's got lots of tactics for staying floating in the gp's mind. If you compare that to Brit, who has been somewhat tucked away for the last 4 years now. 

Truuuuuuuuuuuue

8 minutes ago, SamanthaBailey said:

No cause demo already leak and it ******* horrible :orangu:

I sincerely hope this isn't the final track, because it doesn't push her music forward. It's regressive. I have a copy of all her albums, so I know this is certainly the worst direction for her, unless she wants to rekindle her relationship with fans who have been alienated during the Artpop era.

The main critique of Lady Gaga has always been her repetitive sound, so I hope this isn't her lead single.

16 minutes ago, laurelhenessy said:

I sincerely hope this isn't the final track, because it doesn't push her music forward. It's regressive. I have a copy of all her albums, so I know this is certainly the worst direction for her, unless she wants to rekindle her relationship with fans who have been alienated during the Artpop era.

Agree. This is a mess.. If this demo is real the Britney Army has nothing to worry about :idkney:

Archived