Wait, What? Britney, Maverick... Madonna?

britney-spears-glory-2016-de-back-cover-

Maverick_records.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maverick_(company)

Maverick was an entertainment company founded in 1992 by Madonna, Frederick DeMann and Veronica "Ronnie" Dashev. It was owned and operated by Warner Music Group. It included a recording company (Maverick Records), a film production company (Maverick Films), book publishing, music publishing, Latin record division (Maverick Musica) and a television production company. 

As of 2014, the company was revived as a management group founded by Oseary in partnership with Live Nation Entertainment. It consists of Oseary and other recording artist managers Ron Laffitte, Caron Veazey, Gee Roberson, Cortez Bryant, Larry Rudolph, Adam Leber, Scott Rodger and Clarence Spalding. All nine managers and their companies joined and rebranded as "Maverick" on October 17, 2014.

Ok, so if you look at the back cover of Glory (if you havent purchased yet, then what are you waiting for?!), you will find the logo of Maverick.

Does anyone find it interesting that Britney is now part of a company that was started by the Queen of Pop, Madonna?

I guess, my main question is, what is Britney's contract with Maverick? And is it a good company to be a part of?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, crash1009 said:

Madonna left Maverick after its bankruptcy few years ago and I noticed that too. Larry was now co owning Maverick I think.

Why is Larry feeding Britney leftovers?

vqtqwm.jpg

This is kinda old news, it was announced last year. Madonna didnt do anything with that company, it was just so she can have full controll over her albums as Guy Oseary or whatever her manager's name is was one of the partners but I think thats why shes been getting access to good connections and other stuff through the other partners. Smart move.

4 minutes ago, stawch said:

Britney needs to change her ******* management team, just like Madonna does every 5 seconds. That's the only way to reinvent herself. 

But then again, to do that she would also had to care, but she doesn't, so...

Or she recognizes without those people, she wouldnt be where she is today just like how she is not gonna retire and leave her fans who have stuck with her through thick and thin. Shes not a ***** thats walks all over people to get to the top and thats why people in the industry have much respect for her. 

1 minute ago, puppylo16 said:

Or she recognizes without those people, she wouldnt be where she is today just like how she is not gonna retire and leave her fans who have stuck with her through thick and thin. Shes not a ***** thats walks all over people to get to the top and thats why people in the industry have much respect for her. 

She's not who she is because of them. Without them she did and released Blackout. 

Just now, puppylo16 said:

Or she recognizes with those people, she wouldnt be where she is today just like how she is not gonna retire and leave her fans who have stuck with her through thick and thin. Shes not a ***** thats walks all over people to get to the top and thats why people in the industry have much respect for her. 

i think Mary J Blige was the one who, while comparing Britney and Christina, said that Britney would go farther in her career because she respects people.

And here we are....

Larry, Adam and a lot of other people are not with her because they cherish her and love her (even if I believe they actually do), they are with her because she PAYS them to do their JOB. 

A business is NOT about being loyal just because of the sake of it, and her brand is a business, so she should acknowledge her team for the good job they do, but also take actions when **** doesn't get done they way it should. Why? Because she ******* pays them to, it's their JOB, and more importantly, it's her brand.

38 minutes ago, stawch said:

She's not who she is because of them. Without them she did and released Blackout. 

Yeah but who has connections and access to the industry? Larry was an entertainment lawyer so obviously he knows people and with his background he is able to guide her to stardom. Do you think she is able to set up auditions and meetings with the top execs on her own? Thats why they said talent can only go so far if you don't have the right connections. He saw something in her and was willing to back her up and help her when no one else would. 

2 hours ago, KW. said:

britney-spears-glory-2016-de-back-cover-

Maverick_records.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maverick_(company)

Ok, so if you look at the back cover of Glory (if you havent purchased yet, then what are you waiting for?!), you will find the logo of Maverick.

Does anyone find it interesting that Britney is now part of a company that was started by the Queen of Pop, Madonna?

I guess, my main question is, what is Britney's contract with Maverick? And is it a good company to be a part of?

:umomg:

That's a really good find! WOW! I didn't know that!

Thanks for the info :hugs:

Archived