Britney is Great. Her Team isn't. [ Detailed Analysis ]

PervertedSaint

Well by now everyone has given his or her opinion about the VMA's something that each one of us was waiting for impatiently but like it happens in Britney's world, expect the unexpected. Thats exactly what happened.

Red Carpet and Pre Performance :

First let me start with the wardrobe. She's a legendary singer who has just released her 9th studio album, why TF she wore that simple AF dress for the red carpet while all other singers like Beyonce were fully dressed and made up.

Her makeup and hair was also bad. Its just that Britney is so stunning that she just pull it off anything but lets accept that her makeup hair and wardrobe wasn't up to VMA level. Although that simple black dress was flaw free but again its the ******* VMA's. She cant wear that simple dress with almost no makeup for the red carpet. That kind of dress is okay for a M & G at POM but for VMA its a big no specially when she has a performance and when she has just released a great new album. What is so wrong with Team Britney, its beyond my imagination ?

Last year, she didnt have a nomination neither a performance but she literally looked like a queen that she is. She was just one of the presenters and she looked every bit of the queen she is and when we all were expecting that things would be literally next level this time we got this. And yes Britney isn't the one to be blamed here. Its completely her team's fault. 

I saw the other white dress which she was wearing for the event where she was sitting. It was more bad than the black one. She has released an album called 'Glory' so why TF her team wants her dress for the funeral ? WHY WHY WHY ? and even that with such bad makeup and hair. It almost looked like as if she did her own makeup and hair for the evening. The makeup and hair didn't change not even for the performance.

The Performance :

Well to be honest the performance wasn't bad. It was good and yes Britney's energy level was an absolute A . Her energy was better than BBMAs and not for a single moment did she look uncomfortable. Her choreography was sharp and she was feeling it. The reason what went wrong was :

1. Her dress. Literally that was simply the most ugliest outfit with the most unflattering color I have ever seen in my life. Even the POM outfits are better and that outfit and its color did no favors to Brit's complexion and her figure. The dress was hell tacky even for POM standards. Plus the boots were so unflattering.

2. Setlist : Why they give so much footage to G-Eazy. G-Eazy is no rising superstar and he's no future Drake or Eminem. His live vocals sucked. Plus he looked so uncomfortable and lacked confident on that stage. His presence didn't bring any fire to the performance. Although I loved Britney's vocals on Me, Myself and I but the song isn't a No.1 hit. So why they add the song in the performance specially when so many new songs from the album Glory could have been added. I just wanted G-Eazy to do his 5-6 lines and leave. The guy isn't a star or something. Why Team Britney gave him so much importance is beyond my imagination. Why they picked 3 tacky outfits for one of the biggest nights of the year ? And yes why such tacky and low budget production for the performance. Just 3-4 dancers ? Really ? No Props ? At least they could have shipped POM props to NYC for the VMAs if purchasing new ones are out of their budget now. The camera handling was more pathetic. Hand movements ? This is not a school show or a prom night performance. I just saw the performance again and except Britney there's nothing good in it.

I think theres just one solution of it now. Britney should look either fire Larry or recruit another co manager. Or get Karen Kwak as her co-manager. Or at least recruit bunch of new kids who know their ****. These days I have a feeling that Britney gel well with females. So, it would be a smart move to recruit Karen in her team permanently.

I think the reason for all these **** ups is that Larry is old and lazy now. This time the performance was in NYC and its been 4 years now that they haven't been going to other cities or touring. So they didn't prefer to carry much dancers or her proper team of makeup and hair people. They also went for 3 ordinary dresses for the VMAs. Since the BBMAs and last year VMAs was also in Vegas so they easily got all the best things for her. Its so sad that on BBMAs we got 3 amazing looks, a smashing legendary performance but that night wasn't utilized properly, no single at that time and this time they could have done it, so they were all lazy as ****.

I think the last good thing Larry did was the Circus Comeback. After that everything has been pretty messed up. Not to forget the very recent Glory leakage. That could have been saved as well and those over 200k illegal sales would have been added to her true sales.

In a nutshell, I think its time that either Larry needs to go. Or they recruit new people in her team. Karen needs to become a permanent member in her team. Lets tweet that out.. and make it a trending topic.

#LarryPleaseRetire #BritneyNeedsAnewManager #AmazingKarenSaveUs

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have comments, but I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you:

1. Britney always has a say on her wardrobe. Check the backstage footage of her tours and her Vegas residency - her costume managers and designers always say she has inputs on her wardrobe.

2. Me, Myself and I charted higher than Make Me. And I think it was one of the X-deals that would have G-Eazy up that stage. It is possible that Britney wanted it too.

3. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE CAMERA ANGLES AND THE PLACEMENT OF THE PERFORMANCE. Britney could have said no, but I think, part of it is the fact that only Britney can rival Beyonce's star power. Anyone else who performed after Beyonce would have been completely forgotten or forced into oblivion but it's Britney, *****, so it's a guarantee that she will make the headlines - whether or not she came after Beyonce.

Hmmmm...I don't think I agree with any of that, except the part about Larry dropping the ball.

She doesn't necessarily need a new manager. She needs to hire a Creative Director.

Beyonce has one. Gaga has one. I'm sure every other pop star on the planet has one. But Britney? Nope. :orangu:

P.S. It wasn't Larry that made Circus a hit -- it was Wade Robson and Jamie King. Creative Directors.

3 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Shes surrounded by old women and older men tbh, they aren't giving her the best advice. I do think they don't push her tho and she likes that and I like that as well, but they don't have that creativity. They do try their best tho.

Exactly. Her team is full of retirees like her dad, felicia ( although I love her ), larry and a bunch of other oldies. These grandpas and grandmas dont know about the digital world. I still cant believe they shipped the physical copies of the album so early. And you are totally on point that these people dont know the trends or anything.

Larry, should retire specially after putting Britney's performance just before Beyonce. I dont live in the USA but I work in Pakistani media and I am from Pakistan and I have worked in India's media circuit as well. Its manager's duty to see who's going on the red carpet first, and which celeb will go first and then who will follow. Which celeb or a star will perform first, second or last. We know how innocent Britney is but I feel its bad for her. I dont think if these people have the best interests for her in their hearts. Britney was so ******* ready this time. You can see the spark and the energy in her eyes but all has gone to waste now unfortunately :(

7 minutes ago, iamtonys said:

#BritneyNeedsANewManager 

Love this hashtag....let's start it 

Yes.. We need this.... So Britney or her team notice it.

8 minutes ago, Smokez said:

I simply dont understand how Britney and her team are so disconnected from reality. How do they not know they need to come correct? Why would G-Eazy even let her go out like that? Like wtf, this will ruin his career too.

Exactly. Plus the **** touching was way too trashy and desperate and on that why she didnt bring her 'Mom Card' . That was way vulgar than a female to female kiss.

17 minutes ago, PervertedSaint said:

Why they give so much footage to G-Eazy. G-Eazy is no rising superstar and he's no future Drake or Eminem. His live vocals sucked. Plus he looked so uncomfortable and lacked confident on that stage. His presence didn't bring any fire to the performance. Although I loved Britney's vocals on Me, Myself and I but the song isn't a No.1 hit. So why they add the song in the performance specially when so many new songs from the album Glory could have been added. I just wanted G-Eazy to do his 5-6 lines and leave. The guy isn't a star or something. Why Team Britney gave him so much importance is beyond my imagination. 

Preach :donewithit:

Knowing Britney, she's just a kind and sweet person to promote G Eazy on that stage. I am sure the MM&I was her idea. Plus, the VMAs supposed to be fun, and I like the song choice because MM is a midtempo. But I just hope she ended her performance with DYWCO, it would be so epic! The only thing I dislike about the performance is the outfit. It's not iconic enough to wear it on the stage. It doesn't scream Britney, it screams Vegas. :idkney: But I still considered that was one of a great performance. But imagine if she brings a lot of dancers on that stage. :bootyney: 

Just now, Steel_Magnolia said:

Hmmmm...I don't think I agree with any of that, except the part about Larry dropping the ball.

She doesn't necessarily need a new manager. She needs to hire a Creative Director.

Beyonce has one. Gaga has one. I'm sure every other pop star on the planet has one. But Britney? Nope. :orangu:

Wade was such a good match for her. I wonder if hes the reason she's so iconic. He came up with the ideas for 2000 and 2001, probably even came up with the snake

He also pushed her to commit to the characters. You can see in Making The Video she was having a hard time getting into the Slave coreography but Wade gave her a pep talk and she slayed. 

He does just enough production to add to the performance, but still keeps it meaningful and not all about the production like Beyonce's is. 

His pushing is probably why she developed into such an incredible dancer as well.

And let's not forget she fact that she got decent pre-recorded vocals for G-Eazy's song, but album vocals for Make Me... :gloria:

Who thought it would be a good idea to mix fake live vocals with obvious playback? :queenie:

2 minutes ago, PervertedSaint said:

Exactly. Plus the **** touching was way too trashy and desperate and on that why she didnt bring her 'Mom Card' . That was way vulgar than a female to female kiss.

Because a female-male kiss isn't? :frenchy:

4 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

And let's not forget she fact that she got decent pre-recorded vocals for G-Eazy's song, but album vocals for Make Me... :gloria:

Who thought it would be a good idea to mix fake live vocals with obvious playback? :queenie:

Because a female-male kiss isn't? :frenchy:

Kiss is a beautiful thing whether male or female. But grabbing a guy's **** is plain trashy.

Archived