Why is Britney considered a legend?

Crayboy

On 28/8/2016 at 5:19 AM, ViciousVixen said:

Britney became a star in her owwn right. She pushed through, and her little southern family, who had NO IDEA about the business, just hopped on her bandwagon, whilst Beyonce used her family and Destiny's Child for security until she gained enough confidence to go solo. She even had to rely on a rapper(mogul) To help further her career. Britney became a legend all on her own, with no ties to the industry, no famous family, no mogul husband ( shade to Beyonce and Mariah)

No lies detected :chershade:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, A.D. said:

I felt genuinely sad seeing that poor little girl walking on that red carpet while looking unhappy :bthink:

People bash Kim K's parenting skills but you no longer see her taking her daughter out to these big events because she probably realized that camera flashes and reporters aren't kid-friendly :yeahsure:

Beyoncé cites Michael Jackson as her primary inspiration but she's more of a Joe Jackson if you ask me :ipass:

Beyonce is a clown she shouldn´t be taken seriously tbh :angietea:

tumblr_mbypngkFQI1rc1rgxo1_500.gif

Her accomplishments within the music industry are monumental, she continuously pushes the barriers of pop music and her performances come with undisputed hype and excitement from the public because it's a rarity. In every genre of music there's a top dog and Britney Spears is the top dog of Pop. Royalty.

Her personal triumphs which originally set out to destroy her have now took a complete change of direction and made her a global fixture by name.

Her merit and skill as an entertainer alone will maintain her relevance into her retirement.

The world knows her story and there are very few people who do not know who she is, but even those who have never heard of her someday will.

She is the resonance of word strength.

The fact that your friends felt the need to put her down the day after she performs only confirms how much of a threat they think she is.

Magic and progression, basically. Other performers record, sing, perform and that's all, there's nothing more to them, no more appeal. Britney created a story and a kind of fairy tale around her from the very beginning. Britney created magic and a kind of atmosphere that was unique and made people dream. The world loves perfection and she was a physically perfect girl with perfect and unusual songs, perfect videos, perfect dancing, perfect personality and perfect attitude. Not a single thing was out of place back in the day. If you were waiting for a Britney song, video or performance you knew it was gonna be perfect, it was a given and there was a progression that felt natural from video to video. Other stars that had tried to pull that have come across as fake. Her legend status was created way before the breakdown. It has nothing to do with sales, it's about what she was able to communicate with her voice and personality, with the story that was built around her. I've only seen that kind of magic with Michael Jackson, Britney and Marilyn Monroe. 

All you have to do is watch her videos and performances in chronological order and you get why she is a legend. 

9 hours ago, A.D. said:

There's all this praise going for Beyoncé yet the songs she performed only climbed to the top 30 and they're already flopping again :wannadie:

Meanwhile, Make Me is number 2 on iTunes and Britney's Carpool Karaoke video just keeps getting bigger and bigger in terms of views. This goes to show that when Britney puts herself in the spotlight, she instantly robs Beyonka's fifteen minutes of fame :giggleney:

I wish it was this way but her album is doing better than britneys on us and UK iTunes :sickofu:

Some people you just know are legends tbh, I mean whether people hate her or not she is a pop icon. Everyone knows her name, young people, middle age and older all know who she is and remember things about her: school girl outfit in BOMT, red catsuit in Oops, Snake performance, Madonna kiss etc. (and the darker moments as well are cemented in pop culture history). For 5-6 straight yrs she was the undisputed number 1 and no one could touch her in terms of popularity - everyone else was fighting for number 2. Outside of the Jackson family her charisma on stage was completely unmatched and I have yet to see any of today's performers put on a performance even near the quality of Britney's iconic performances, I mean most of today's most popular artists I couldn't think of a single iconic performance or video of theirs (the only thing I can think is I know ppl consider Single Ladies iconic). Also her completely beautiful personality is another thing that attracted everyone to her, I mean Mary J Blige said it - Britney might not sing like X-Tina but she went further because she knows how to treat people. Younger people don't appreciate the complete and utter Britney domination and the media/public fascination with her. She really was the epitome of the American Dream. Love ha :gobaby: 

Editing myself to add she literally reinvented what it was to be a pop star and inspired countless stars like Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore etc (not dragging cos I love them both, but they were heavily influenced by Britney undeniably). 

12 hours ago, A.D. said:

But at least Glory is selling well...hopefully it can sell enough to make her the 4th most sucessfull female artist in the US and surpasses Shania :carpoolney:

I wish too sis bc she deserves a lot now :(

1. Baby One More Time is one of the most successful pop songs of all-time and went to #1 in every country it charted 

2. She single-handedly revived teen pop with two diamond albums and inspired an army of imitators 

3. She is more than a pop star; she is a cultural phenomenon 

4. She set the template for teen pop stars seeking to transition to adult fame

5. She's the only person Madonna ever featured for

6. Her personal and professional comeback is legendary and inspiring -- she is America's comeback queen

7. Six #1 albums

8. Five #1 singles including two #1 debuts; one of only two artists to do that

9. 8th best-selling artist of the 2000s; top-selling female

10. Held the record for first-week female sales for over 15 years; beaten only by Adele

11. Has won every major award Beyonce has -- VMA Vanguard, Billboard Millennium, VMA Video of the Year, Teen Choice Ultimate Choice, a Grammy, etc.

12. Has many of the most iconic pop moments, from the BOMT and OIDIA outfits to her VMA performances to the Toxic video to the Womanizer comeback

13. Has had #1 singles and albums in three decades

14. Redefined what it meant to be a Vegas act and drew other stars like Mariah and J.Lo to Vegas

15. Is literally the nicest celebrity in existence

Need I go on

35 minutes ago, A.D. said:

This is honestly her best era since ITZ. I mean, she's promoting it like crazy. Regardless of the disappointing music video we got for MM, it's been an incredible era. I feel like Britney definetely has the chance to still hit #1 in the future :carpoolney:

I feel ya. She's alive, connected, promoting. The album is great, she is dancing more, more confident, 1st single amazing.

The only bad thing was really the video. All her 1st videos were amazing, except for gimme more. But maybe is a sign for an amazing album when she starts with a crappy 1st video lol 

5 minutes ago, A.D. said:

I wonder why we never saw the first video, but I hate it now thanks to all the insiders claiming it'd be released :angietea:

I don't get why she'd film in the first place if she wasn't Comfortable with it. Maybe she really had a disagreement with david and that's why she didnt want the video or he didn't want to edit? I don't get it. Perfume they scrapped but they used some the footages from Joseph khan. With make me they filmed another video with a flop director. It seems weird. 

I don't even hate make me video. It's just basic and cheesy af. 

On 28/08/2016 at 7:22 AM, tsss said:

3 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Maybe this will serve as a lesson for her to be truly prepared for something in the future :boredashell:

The new video is very cheesy, she could've at least made something more intriguing by portraying herself as a ******** fluid woman who engages in a lesbian relationship with someone like Naomi Campbell or even Solange just to piss off Bleach :wannadie:

I don't want anything to do with bleach, hell no 

If she did a kinda lady marmalade video with a killer choreography I'd be down to anyone be on it even jho except bleach that overrated **** :sofedup:

Archived