Why is Britney considered a legend?

Crayboy

1 minute ago, EdnKng said:

Beyonce is a good album seller but she doesn't have huge hits as Britney.

BOMT, Oops, Toxic, Womanizer, TTWE, IWG, S&S, Everytime, Gimme More, Slave 4 U, and many others are songs that everyone knows.

I don't think that Beyoncé has any huge hit. And her videography sucks tbh. :quirkney:

i think that the only huge hit and quite viral/iconic video by Bey is Single Ladies :quirkney:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, -CoupureÉlectrique. said:

de091b6cbe50906c07c4381b3ebc752533f827c4

Haha educate them! I wanna know in what world beyonka is more of a legend than Britney? Only bc since 2013 she is more successful? Give a break. I dont see beyonka having the influence Britney had/had on artists til this day. Or the same impact. Britney was the leader of a generation. And I won't even start talking about iconic moments. Singles ladies and fake baby bump at vmas don't even come close to britneys videos and vmas performances. 

8 minutes ago, EdnKng said:

Beyonce is a good album seller but she doesn't have huge hits as Britney.

BOMT, Oops, Toxic, Womanizer, TTWE, IWG, S&S, Everytime, Gimme More, Slave 4 U, and many others are songs that everyone knows.

I don't think that Beyoncé has any huge hit. And her videography sucks tbh. :quirkney:

Her most successful album sold 11m in 2003 :tiffeyeroll:

Even basic swift sells more than her. She never was a adele and never will. 4 sold 3m and had only a top 20 "hit" lol

She is successful but people act like she is a adele or taylor lol. Formation didn't even enter billboard hot 100 before the album dropped and nobody said it was a flop. 

9 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Speaking of baby bumps, I'm terrified to know Yonka WhoKnowles is performing this year at the VMA's. I had a nightmare she announced her second pregnancy and immediately gave birth to Purple Ivy while her alligator looking husband delivered the kid :nothavingit:

Omfg i thought the same thing and commented on the Larry Rudolph article thread:

I cant at bleach having another fake baby bump performance in another year that Britney has been more mentioned than her about the vmas  :wannadie:

I cannot believe this fake basic **** doing the same she did in 2011 when the press was all about Britney and her vanguard award. This woman is desperate for attention and I already see people praising whenever the **** she does on the stage. I don't understand til today how people buy everything that woman tries to sell. Overrated ****. 

you guys all forget one major thing... Her age.  Think about her iconic BOMT video... Her solo commanding Stronger video... Her untouchable Oops and Slave VMA performances... That iconic slave video... That epic HBO special... Cool stuff right?  Well then think about the fact that when all this was happening she was years younger than the current crop of pop tarts desperately trying to duplicate her reign.  I recently watched thenHBO special with a group of friends and none of them could believe that she was 20 and had hit that point in her career.  She's the most successful child star of all time... The fact that she has a number one single in each of the last three decades and is in her early thirties is a testimony to that.   

17 hours ago, Crayboy said:

NOT a negative thread. So I was having a discussion with my friends who are huge Beyonce fans. They kept telling me how she is a legend and that Britney never will nor has been a legend.

that got me to thinking, what is considered a legend? why is Britney in particular considered one? Is she more of a legend than for example Beyonce?

school me

I think it's all about what she's done in her career. I'd say this on another thread and I'll use it here as well because it describes how I feel about Britney's career. I was a teenager when BOMT came out. She has had so many iconic/memorable videos, performances, costumes, etc. She has busted her *** to get to the point where she's at. It's not like she just did a reality show or a *** tape and her fame comes from doing nothing. 

As for being more of a legend than Beyonce, I won't answer that. I'm not into pitting others against each other is why I won't answer. Cause I imagine the answer I just gave towards Britney would come out of a Beyonce fan's mouth too. 

She changed the pop scene for ever, she gave electrifying performances that became iconic, she is one of the best selling artists in history we could go on...:saycheese:

As for Beyonce... she has alot of money and pays for awards so she can seem like a big deal... :yesokay:

3 minutes ago, A.D. said:

There's all this praise going for Beyoncé yet the songs she performed only climbed to the top 30 and they're already flopping again :wannadie:

Meanwhile, Make Me is number 2 on iTunes and Britney's Carpool Karaoke video just keeps getting bigger and bigger in terms of views. This goes to show that when Britney puts herself in the spotlight, she instantly robs Beyonka's fifteen minutes of fame :giggleney:

Was it just fifteen minutes? :yesokay:

Cause she create culture phenomenon in 1999.  Biggest star in world.  Then she cement haself as legend after breakdown.  Flash ha pu$$y, go to hospital, shave head, vma mess.  Even tho it sad, it become hollywood legend.  After rise from ashes with womanizer she become legend for all time. :kesha:

Idk if most you guys remember but back in 2003/2004 she was really overexpose, like bad.  Everyone shade ha back then real hard.  In some way the breakdown sort of save ha career and make her living legend forever.  She have such mystery behind ha like MJ himself say.  She have such a legendary rise and fall, not everyone have that dear :angietea:

you talkin like she crusty relic of past ready for creamtion.  ***** ha sing number 3 on iTunes and she top 40 on spotify.   Make me just not catchin on, that all it is.  She still ****** legend.  Go watch BBMA ****, look at how she slay.  You need reality check ho.  How many time beyonka make headline for creating trend like brinty do in 1999.  You remember how xtine, mandy moore, and jessica sampson ALLL COPY HA SOUND?  She a ****** legend ho.  :tiffsmoke:

preparing for the downvotes but I now wonder if Britney was ever the force behind her iconic performances and tours or if she just had an incredible team of people who had great ideas because somewhere at some point everything changed drastically . I don't think she's meant to be in the industry at this period  stage performance-wise. things have changed so much & people expect a lot more than fierce hairflips & lip-syncing. I mean she is getting draggeddddddd on Twitter and Instagram for lipping and not doing a lot of choreo and I don't even know how to defend it

6 minutes ago, A.D. said:

OMFG, her medley was so boring...it was basically a rehash of her Formation World Tour :sofedup:

She is such a one trick pony and poor Blue Ivy looked so tired from working at her mother's sweat shop in that red carpet, she clearly hated the attention unlike her mother :angietea:

I know it´s really sad and disturbing how desperate for attention she is that she has to use her own daughter parading her around as if she were a circus animal :decisions:

7 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

preparing for the downvotes but I now wonder if Britney was ever the force behind her iconic performances and tours or if she just had an incredible team of people who had great ideas because somewhere at some point everything changed drastically . I don't think she's meant to be in the industry at this period  stage performance-wise. things have changed so much & people expect a lot more than fierce hairflips & lip-syncing. I mean she is getting draggeddddddd on Twitter and Instagram for lipping and not doing a lot of choreo and I don't even know how to defend it

***** wade (who craft ha legend performances) was gone by 2003.  She drop ALL ha old creative director and get new choreographers (teresa espinosa).  And with a whole new team SHE STILL ******* SLAY.  Go watch ha MATM performances, go watch the MATM video, go watch the toxic video, go watch OHT, go watch everytime vid.  Britney the force behind ha performance.  It not ******* wade or andre.  It HA :bichpls:

Any other artist even beyonce who would lived the scrutiny, shame, bulling and all that britney went in 007 would  haven't been able to have a come back like britney even with the stigma, boycott and hate that britney receives until now i mean janet is a legend and see how after her incident in the superbowl she couldn't have a similar 2008 britney's comeback or at least one femme fatale era, britney is true an example of overcoming and no only by her pesona but also as artist.

On 28/8/2016 at 10:53 AM, Arya said:

Her most successful album sold 11m in 2003 :tiffeyeroll:

Even basic swift sells more than her. She never was a adele and never will. 4 sold 3m and had only a top 20 "hit" lol

She is successful but people act like she is a adele or taylor lol. Formation didn't even enter billboard hot 100 before the album dropped and nobody said it was a flop. 

i swere to god i don't know where this world obssession with her comes form, godness... she's just so... fake

Archived