Bustle: Britney Spears Is Absolutely a Feminist Issue

jokobish

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StrawberryKisses

I'm a woman, and all this feminist talk is the worst. Musicians don't have to brand themselves as feminists, nor do they have to write/perform feminist anthems. Beyonce really irks me because of this. She's trying to hard. Pretty much everyone these days are. Britney has a lot of control over her own career for goodness sake. She's a southern belle. Let her be. Stop trying to push this PC agenda.

I'm a woman, and all this feminist talk is the worst. Musicians don't have to brand themselves as feminists, nor do they have to write/perform feminist anthems. Beyonce really irks me because of this. She's trying to hard. Pretty much everyone these days are. Britney has a lot of control over her own career for goodness sake. She's a southern belle. Let her be. Stop trying to push this PC agenda.

I am a girl as well and I agree with you 100%. I ******* hate this feminist talk.

Wtf? It's literally saying Britney doesn't need to label herself as a feminist to be one. And how shaving her head was the most bad *** feminist move?

i am a woman. And a feminist. And I think anyone who has something negative to say about feminism doesn't understand what it is. I'm pro-men. I'm anti forcing this tough guy, ultra masculinity on men. I'm against people putting pressure on men to be "providers" and super manly. I'm against shaming women for getting tired of dealing with being treated as second best. People who hate feminism are simply not aware of the whole issue. They are just following a trend of "oh bra burning, ew!". Read a book! Research this. Inform yourselves! If not for YOURSELF then for women who CANNOT. Women all over the world who are treated worse than animals. 

Did you read the article, though?

I'm a woman, and all this feminist talk is the worst. Musicians don't have to brand themselves as feminists, nor do they have to write/perform feminist anthems. Beyonce really irks me because of this. She's trying to hard. Pretty much everyone these days are.

******* this I'm also a woman and feminists make me sick, or should I say, FemiNazists :xcuseme:

Most of the people they listed in the article are capitalists using feminism to gain profits. A couple of those people are incredibly insincere with their feminism and they can't even explain it without being guided by someone else. I like that the article used a different point of view. It's a shame that women are forced to channel their beliefs into their art while men aren't. Men not believing in gender equality is the real issue. 

Guest StrawberryKisses

"In fact, it’s easy, even imperative, to root for Britney Spears if you’re a feminist. Britney may never be a feminist leader, but watching her career — and hoping for her triumph — is a feminist act."

:orly:

What I was trying to get at is that I don't want my children growing up with music that politically influences them. This is why I love Britney. Her story doesn't scream 'I'M A FEMINIST YAY' - her actions do it alone. I'm pro-feminism, but I find it sad that we woman use feminism as a marketing ploy to attract others as it seems morally right.

What I was trying to get at is that I don't want my children growing up with music that politically influences them. This is why I love Britney. Her story doesn't scream 'I'M A FEMINIST YAY' - her actions do it alone. I'm pro-feminism, but I find it sad that we woman use feminism as a marketing ploy to attract others as it seems morally right.

That's basically what the article is saying, too.

Guest StrawberryKisses

That's basically what the article is saying, too.

Then good article ;)

I just really dislike for Beyonce or Taylor to be labelled as 'feminists' as a hot word to get attention or sell records. It breaks my heart that Beyonce is on a pedestal, but Britney is shamed by society because she shaved her head and had a breakdown. I want my kids to know that the latter is an example of a REAL woman.

It's interesting, but it still gave me the impression like Britney is being low-key criticized that she's not an open feminist and doesn't have an important voice in this issue. But I feel like all of the feminist stuff that's going around with other celebrities is sometimes annoying and over the top. Not that it's not needed, but for once I am here for music and for fun, not for being reminded of social issues. Britney doing her own thing, being herself, not caring about what other people say, being proud of her body and her looks, THAT'S feminist enough for me and is what I truly feel like is the real feminism. That's one of the big parts of being a feminist, just being yourself and not falling under pressure and being something you're not just so you're liked and loved.

Hmmm...I think you might be missing the point of what feminism is about...or at the very least getting your info from pop stars.

:ehidk:

I know what feminism is about. I'm sick of what feminists are making out of it nowadays. They're even remaking movies with female cast. Women don't need this. We need equality in every area of our lives not movie remakes. 

Archived