Everyone Calm Down, Britney Does Sing Along In Carpool Karaoke

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-james-corden-carpool-karaoke

Britney's got this.

Ahead of the full 10-minute clip of Britney singing in the car with James Corden for "Carpool Karaoke" on The Late Late Show which premieres tonight (August 25), producers dropped a 30-second preview showing Brit and Corden singing "Toxic." Problem was, in the bit they used Britney was seen lip syncing the words, which was a troubling sight considering the mission isn't about executing Adele-like vocals, but let go and have fun singing on the road.

Fortunately, one of the show's producers caught wind of the hoopla and decided to clarify she does join in, but the clip that we've seen was their first song together and she needed to warm up to it.

"Britney Spears was a bit shy and got a bit of a shock" The Late Late Show's executive producer Ben Winston explained. He added: " wasn't convinced the star had seen any previous carpool episodes, I think she'd just heard it was a big thing, so she got a bit of a shock."

The "Hard To Forget Ya" singer will also reportedly sing "Baby One More Time," "Sometimes," "Stronger" and "Make Me."

Are you ok?

If you haven't already, register an account in Exhale and chat with thousands of pop music lovers.
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 10 min's coming of slayage :makeitrain:  The preview was only a first song and Brit was shy, then she joined in!
i cant wait :ahhh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p045tw5x

Ben Winston, the Executive Producer of James Corden's The Late Late Show told 5 live's Afternoon Edition that "Britney Spears was a bit shy and got a bit of a shock" when she took part in the programme's carpool karaoke feature. Ben told Colin Paterson that he "wasn't convinced the star had seen any previous carpool episodes, I think she'd just heard it was a big thing, so she got a bit of a shock."

Love ha! Of course she had no real clue that's so Britney! You would think she would look up a couple of episodes on YouTube or cheese all over Instagram no clips there? :yesokay:

But you could tell in the beginning she look shy and had her arms crossed so hopefully she opens up cuz in that interview she said she was really surprised and had fun and that she was surprised how funny James is I think it should be good!:hype:

So 10 min's coming of slayage :makeitrain:  The preview was only a first song and Brit was shy, then she joined in!
i cant wait :ahhh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p045tw5x

Ben Winston, the Executive Producer of James Corden's The Late Late Show told 5 live's Afternoon Edition that "Britney Spears was a bit shy and got a bit of a shock" when she took part in the programme's carpool karaoke feature. Ben told Colin Paterson that he "wasn't convinced the star had seen any previous carpool episodes, I think she'd just heard it was a big thing, so she got a bit of a shock."

Larry got her in a car alone so she had no choice but to sing I see:uknowit:

Archived