NY Times gave Glory a better review than FF and Blackout

asas12

To try to look at the ridiculous and idiotic NY Times review in a more positive light.. they gave FF a 40 which ended up with a 67 on Metacritic. They also gave BJ a 40, Circus a 70, and Blackout a 40 (no NYT Metacritic scores for her earlier albums). 

So basically the only positive review they gave was of Circus. They obviously don't like Britney. And even when they gave FF a mixed review the album still ended up with a 67 overall. So don't worry about this stupid review, I'm confident a lot of other outlets are going to be very positive when they review Glory. I bet it will end up in the 70's or 80's on Metacritic when all the reviews come in.  

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor Swift better get a 20 for always talking about men that wronged her even though she is the snake.

:xcuseme:

Man, this is what I don't get.

Reviewers were talking that MILEY CYRUS, NICKI MINAJ talk about feminism, race, and politics.

Taylor is apparently a feminist for always talking about her break-ups.

Britney is not... for whatever reason, even though most of her songs are about love just like any other artist.

What the ****.

Am I out of touch??? Because that's the exact opposite that they do.

Who the **** cares about their flop opinion? Why is that being considered a point?

I'm okay with the reviews, but I don't get that.

Reviewers were talking that MILEY CYRUS, NICKI MINAJ talk about feminism, race, and politics.

Britney is not... for whatever reason, even though most of her songs are about love just like any other artist.

What the ****.

Who the **** cares about their flop opinion? Why is that being considered a point?

He is basically calling her names because she sings about *** but wants her to be a feminist... As he is being ******. It doesn't make sense. Embracing her sexuality is part of feminism. The whole thing is a contradiction. 

This is what happened to Madonna though. She has like 3 *** songs on her album and ppl said that is what the album was about and it was trash. 

that's because circus is a very mature album that isnt only about getting high as **** on a party, ******* the hottest man and then dropping the ****** on the trash can. Its lyrics are actually very well worked and so are the melodies

Glory it's a great album but its lacking the diversity of circus. Either way NYT critics are mostly old dudes past their 40s, why are they even judging a popstar?

that's because circus is a very mature album that isnt only about getting high as **** on a party, ******* the hottest man and then dropping the ****** on the trash can. Its lyrics are actually very well worked and so are the melodies

Glory it's a great album but its lacking the diversity of circus. Either way NYT critics are mostly old dudes past their 40s, why are they even judging a popstar?

Circus has My Baby while Glory has God on the Moon so bye :leaving:

Critics are harsh to Britney cuz she doesn't discuss politics, doesn't have the stereotypical "singer" voice, and sometimes overpacked with autotune in their perspective. And the biggest reason: her image. The bias is strong against Britney, initially for most of these ppl. 

I get that. And I'm okay with mixed reviews because of bias because that's what she has been getting since the beginning.

But the reason the NY Times gave is so outrageous. Back then critics used to say she wasn't convincing in being ****, that she was mimicking Mariah on BOMT, that she didn't write her own songs and the album's credit is for the producers. Cool, most of them actually rings true.

Now giving a mixed review because the music is good and catchy, she wrote songs, and sounds involved, but she doesn't go """personal""" and feminist and activist and is talking about *** and love (as if *** and love were not personal things)? What the ****.

I get that. And I'm okay with mixed reviews because of bias because that's what she has been getting since the beginning.

But the reason the NY Times gave is so outrageous. Back then critics used to say she wasn't convincing in being ****, that she was mimicking Mariah on BOMT, that she didn't write her own songs and the album's credit is for the producers. Cool, most of them actually rings true.

Now giving a mixed review because the music is good and catchy, she wrote songs, and sounds involved, but she doesn't go """personal""" and feminist and activist and is talking about *** and love (as if *** and love were not personal things)? What the ****.

New York Times gave Lemonade a 90 :gloria:

They're so picky with the message of an album and the artist themselves

Says the author:

Since 2008, we have seen three full-length albums from Britney Spears, and there's another,Glory, on the way. She has toured the world twice—pause on that for a moment. The world. Twice—and has performed her Piece of Me stage show, AKA her residency in Vegas, fifty times a year for the last three years. That is insane.

She also appeared as a—mind-blowingly screencap-able—judge on season two of U.S. X Factor, and was the highest-earning judge on a singing competition series in history. She was also named music’s top-earning woman in 2012 by Forbes Magazine

Most importantly, she told People magazine that she’s the “happiest [she’s] ever been.” Don't believe her? Look at her freakin' Instagram.  

msy.gif

What the ****.

Music Critics are the absolute worst people to ever live on earth. Their only job is to review someone's MUSIC and they end up letting their perception of the artists' image come before anything else. ******* bullshit. Adele could make an entire album burping on a mic and would get amazing ratings because of how her persona is presented to the public. :tbh:

Archived