Updated! NYTimes: Britney Spears Promises Pleasure, but Offers Nothing Personal 50/100.

Alejo.

Guest Supernova.

If wanting love, being heart broken, and *** is not personal then what is? She doesn't need to make songs about what happened in 07. I'll happy with Just Luv Me, Man on the Moon, Liar, Invitation, ect...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brit doesn`t need to deliver some "message", she doing music as she likes and as she wants. There in nothing great in listening how modern pop girls sing about things they don`t even understand. Britney is a living legend, she came through so much, and now she is a perfect example of how to stay a great person  after al these years of fame and be a good loving mother. She inspires people just by being herself, and that`s what really matters.

And yes, it must be very sad to see only *** in songs about love and romance :sickofu:

Does anyone else think critics seem to feel entitled to have everything from Britney for some reason? Like, because she's a woman who sings ****, feminine music, they want her to 'grow up'? Because she had a breakdown, they want her to tell us all about it in music. I'm really feeling like her male peers could put out a similar, enjoyable album and they'd be like, "this is a fun record." 

She can do what she wants. 

Brit doesn`t need to deliver some "message", she doing music as she likes and as she wants. There in nothing great in listening how modern pop girls sing about things they don`t even understand. Britney is a living legend, she came through so much, and now she is a perfect example of how to stay a great person  after al these years of fame and be a good loving mother. She inspires people just by being herself, and that`s what really matters.

And yes, it must be very sad to see only *** in songs about love and romance :sickofu:

omg I totally agree with you. She's a model of how you should live your life.

Man on the Moon, Just Luv Me.... where is ***?  I can see what's inside the writer's head.

so what? did they want her to sing about Vegas, Hawaii and sandwich salads?

I'm tired of the "personal" thing, artists are there to sing songs, it doesn't have to be autobiographical, or motivational or I don't know, I mean, there's nothing wrong if they take inspiration on their own lives and experiences, but that's not the only way one can make quality music. A song can tell a "fictional" story and can be as good or better than a song that reflects the singer's life.

Every artist has his or her own thing though. Britney doesn't want to discuss her breakdown and she doesn't have to. Art is representative of your life and if most of her current thoughts or situations involve romance, ***, cheating, intimacy, and passion for dancing what's the issue? They need to stop feeling entitled to her personal life. They also seem to forget that she's a mom who removed herself from the Hollywood scene so her experiences aren't going to match her old music.

I wanted a personal album since after Blackout. Just something I want as a fan. I like Glory, but would probably like it if it was more personal. Just my personal preference as a fan. People say all the time what they would like Britney to do, what singles and what not, yet pan people who have views like this and at the same time sign a petition against her Make Me video. Which is it? Either way, I think a personal album from Britney would be great. That's my opinion. We can agree to disagree.

Britney Jean says hi! 

When I read this and then I realize they gave Black Out a 40, and it had the ultimate personal gem that was Piece Of Me on it.........It reaffirms that they eat **** for breakfast and they didn't get their cut from Larry.

:leaving:

f*king agree! even worse than ****

Archived