TEAM BRITNEY - PLEASE READ - Logical Single Release Schedule, Don't Let Me Down

EDM

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying second single, but Man on the Moon is the obvious standout to me as far as wide appeal goes. Maybe not so much for a younger audience, but it's Ear catching, shows Britney as more than a *** song singer, and could appeal to all ages. I would hope for it as a third single. Love me Down is cute, but it doesn't go anywhere and a little obnoxious with it's repetitive chorus. Slumber Party is more more listenable.

53 minutes ago, EDM said:

That song is obnoxious, annoying, and an all around joke. To make this post positive, I will say that it's very experimental. I envision an inappropriate 8-bit video of obnoxious cartoon characters twerking on every surface of a circus tent when I hear this song. And this is coming from someone who is obsessed with electronic music.

You're opinion about IID is a joke :arianabye:

1 hour ago, RoyalStan85 said:

I don't hear a lot of ppl say "If I'm Dancing" but I think it would do very well 

I think it could be a viral hit. It's like Britney's Gagnam or Harlem Shake :orangu: just vines of people twerking on any surface possible

It's not supposed to be a serious song- hence the title. I love it for being weird af 

1 hour ago, EDM said:

That song is obnoxious, annoying, and an all around joke. To make this post positive, I will say that it's very experimental. I envision an inappropriate 8-bit video of obnoxious cartoon characters twerking on every surface of a circus tent when I hear this song. And this is coming from someone who is obsessed with electronic music.

I just don't understand how ya'll don't see how boring Just Luv Me is. It is a great song, but I only see it as an album track. That's good for something like Selena Gomez or so, but not for a Britney Spears single.

That said, we will be lucky if we get more than two singles, so my only request for Team Britney is that they upload the VMA performance right away, instead of waiting almost a week like they did with the BBMA. The next day, or even that same night, there were tons of articles talking about it, and praising it and there was no video so the readers could see it by themselves. Even though it's one of the most watched performances of that night, it could've had even more views.

My other request is, if they're not planning to release many singles, they should at least upload lyric videos for all of the tracks, like Pink did with that album of hers. That's more worthy of watching than just an audio clip like MM, NTIFY, ISBE, TD, etc, and it's more streaming than just having Spotify or so.

1 hour ago, Thecodeman25 said:

I'm not saying second single, but Man on the Moon is the obvious standout to me as far as wide appeal goes. Maybe not so much for a younger audience, but it's Ear catching, shows Britney as more than a *** song singer, and could appeal to all ages. I would hope for it as a third single. Love me Down is cute, but it doesn't go anywhere and a little obnoxious with it's repetitive chorus. Slumber Party is more more listenable.

People need to hear how raw she sounds on other tracks. She will get slammed with MOTM. "Auto-tune as usual" even though it's only on certain parts. The intention is to add to the theme of the song and it works, but you have to think about all this when choosing singles. MOTM will not fare well as a single.

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I just don't understand how ya'll don't see how boring Just Luv Me is. It is a great song, but I only see it as an album track. That's good for something like Selena Gomez or so, but not for a Britney Spears single.

That said, we will be lucky if we get more than two singles, so my only request for Team Britney is that they upload the VMA performance right away, instead of waiting almost a week like they did with the BBMA. The next day, or even that same night, there were tons of articles talking about it, and praising it and there was no video so the readers could see it by themselves. Even though it's one of the most watched performances of that night, it could've had even more views.

My other request is, if they're not planning to release many singles, they should at least upload lyric videos for all of the tracks, like Pink did with that album of hers. That's more worthy of watching than just an audio clip like MM, NTIFY, ISBE, TD, etc, and it's more streaming than just having Spotify or so.

In terms of a radio single, you are correct. It is one of the weakest contenders but is a contender nonetheless. This album is amazing all around but does not have many single-worthy options. For this reason it has been strategically placed after the better (in terms of radio) tracks and just before a massive one. At the end of the era a big song is a good idea to re-spark interest and carry it until the news/beginning of the next era.

Archived