GP bashing Billboard after comparing Britney to Beyonce

Slurper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

exhale also used billboard's facebook comments as proof that that the GP was "over beyonce" after her superbowl performance this year. we all saw how true that turned out to be. :ricackle: the rivalry is stupid at this point, let both women be great.

There is no doubt in my mind that Beyoncé is not only an extremely talented artist in terms of technical ability, but also her marketing strategy and the way she has convinced the world that she's at least 7 years younger than she actually is. That's remarkable.

However, I'm feeling more and more like she wouldn't have half this much credit if she wasn't attached to the wtf machine known as Jay Z. 

Now, I say this as someone who is living with a hip hop Stan and total fanatic about rap music - JAY Z IS NOT A GOOD RAPPER, MUCH LESS ONE OF THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. his success astounds me. Nas completely bodied him on that dis track, "Ether." I'm surprised he was ever allowed to show his ugly face in front of the GP ever again after a slaying so absolutely savage. 

I don't know what kind of Whitney/Bobby crack they're smoking at home, but something has lit a fire under their ***** to tell everyone on planet earth that they're THE GOAT and for some reason, the GP eats up this smug egotistical pow trip and gives them praise. They just have an attitude when it comes to marketing that overinflates the value of their work. (See also: Kanye West: Brilliant producer, sub-par rapper.) 

I think they just created a lot of hype around themselves by just talking themselves up and making everyone think they were a lot more relevant than they really were until it actually became a self-fulfilling prophecy. They faked it till they made it and it worked for them. That's all.

1999-2005 - Britney Spears era (Britney may have peaked from 99-04 but her presence is still felt even in 2005)

2006 - Void; there is no dominant female artist in this year, although Rihanna is gaining prominence

2007 - Rihanna (Britney is prominent for all the wrong reasons, even though her music clearly influenced everything else that followed)

2008 - Beyonce

2009 - Lady Gaga

2010-2013 - Katy Perry vs. Lady Gaga

2014-2015 - Taylor Swift

2016- It's tough, but it looks like it will be Britney vs. Katy vs. Gaga vs. Beyonce

We all know it's not GP. 

This is a really sweet and positive article about Britney but 98% of comments are about Beyonce, even if it's for bashing her .... that's kinda sad. 

It's the same here tbh that name keeps popping in a lot of threads. I'm a newbie here , so at first that didn't bother me that much  but ...:whitneyshade:

1 hour ago, Faded said:

I mean I get what Billboard was trying to say. 

That article was very positive. I don't think there's a need to complain :(

It's a great article.  It's just a shame that they had to use that headline.  They could have chosen any number of headlines celebrating Britney, but they went with one comparing her to Beyoncé. :sickofu: That's annoying as ****.

Archived