I think the rushed release was INTENTIONAL

Toxic.Latin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, mau said:

I'm from Mexico City and found out about the "leak" on Saturday's night, so I went to the music store that put Glory on sale on Sunday morning, and they didn't had the album :( , so I asked a lady who works in the store if they already had the new Britney album, and she told me "No", so I told her that I saw that they had put the album on sale the day before, and then she explained me that the record label asked them to retire all the albums from sale. She also told me that it wasn't their fault, she blamed the label (Sony music Mexico), because when they shipped the album to the stores, apparently they marked the released date for August 19th, so they put Glory on sale, but now the albums are locked until the official release day this next Friday. So there you go. It was a mistake from the record label in Mexico, not blame of the music store. And apparently it was a big deal, so probably people got fired in Sony music Mexico. 

This would explain everything, I wouldn't want t be in the place of the person who did the mistake lol :eheeek: But it's weird because the exactly same thing happened in my country with another big artist and nothing happened, so I think the pressure of the B-Army and the fuss caused all the problems with the release in Mexico.

7 minutes ago, WeaveHeavy said:

If they are behind this leak, it's genius. It created so much positive hype and I think ultimately will help more than hurt the sales! Larry's impact! :orly:

Like how they planned a whole big budget video for Make Me... just to scrap it, because they knew that was gonna cause controversy, but they had to make it look real, so they actually shot something that could leak :makeitrain: Queen of machiavellian promo :mhm:

25 minutes ago, WeaveHeavy said:

If they are behind this leak, it's genius. It created so much positive hype and I think ultimately will help more than hurt the sales! Larry's impact! :orly:

I literally think the same. The once who have heard Glory already are praising the album, so Im sure they will buy it! :riri:

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Like how they planned a whole big budget video for Make Me... just to scrap it, because they knew that was gonna cause controversy, but they had to make it look real, so they actually shot something that could leak :makeitrain: Queen of machiavellian promo :mhm:

I still believe we will get original MM video any day before VMA's 

Delusional :madonna:

Obviously it was planned, remember when Britney Jean was availabled for streaming one week before the official release.  

They have seduced the fans, to get a physical album and a digital one.

This strategy is about doing some noise for the GP to let'em know the queen is back so they can stream it on Spotify, Apple, Google play + Carpool + VMA  

:keshawave: spread the word, spread the word 

1 hour ago, mau said:

I'm from Mexico City and found out about the "leak" on Saturday's night, so I went to the music store that put Glory on sale on Sunday morning, and they didn't had the album :( , so I asked a lady who works in the store if they already had the new Britney album, and she told me "No", so I told her that I saw that they had put the album on sale the day before, and then she explained me that the record label asked them to retire all the albums from sale. She also told me that it wasn't their fault, she blamed the label (Sony music Mexico), because when they shipped the album to the stores, apparently they marked the released date for August 19th, so they put Glory on sale, but now the albums are locked until the official release day this next Friday. So there you go. It was a mistake from the record label in Mexico, not blame of the music store. And apparently it was a big deal, so probably people got fired in Sony music Mexico. 

thank you for info
what a mess :whitneyshade:

Archived