PSA: Important Reason why we need to help Britney get a #1 Album for GLORY

grandespears94

Everyone is satisfied with Glory - let's get that out of the way. The one person who ought to be most satisfied about Glory is none other than the artist behind it - Britney Spears. Everyone knows RCA does not have the best reputation when it comes to respecting their artists or giving them artistic freedom. Look what happened to Kelly Clarkson or Avril Lavigne. Heck, even Xtina is being pushed to the side by RCA.

RCA has given Britney an opportunity of a lifetime, to put together the album that she can be proud of, and that she can identify with. Everyone can agree her vocals have never sounded better, and you can really hear her passion and commitment to each songs in her voice. I am so proud of our queen that she has delivered the album of the decade. Yes, she'll definitely get critical recognition for this album.

But that is not enough if she wants to continue having a say in the music she wants to make. It is our job as her fans to push the album to #1, to prove to her record label that Britney is able to make good music - that sells (in a record label's perspective). I know we all say sales doesn't matter blah blah... but from RCA, sales is the main thing that matters. 

This is why a #1 debut is incredibly important for Britney. Sure, a top 3 debut is fine, but a #1 debut is what SEALS the deal - that Britney gets to make music that she wants AGAIN and AGAIN. 

Britney has a voice of her own; she's an artist; she writes; she knows what music she wants to make. In order for her to enjoy making music for years to come, let us come together and help her get a successful album. 

#GLORY AUG 26 SPREAD THE WORD

:bwink:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Britney M. Carey said:

Actually Britney can make music that she wants, according to the new contract, but can RCA control the outcome via an A&R (???)

A contract is a contract - it's usually towards the advantage of the record label. Just look at JoJo - she's been wanting to make music she wants but her previous label kept pushing it. 

RCA doesn't treat its artists equally, only those who are marketable. So we need to help our gurl get that #1 so she can steadily release music that she WANTS to make and still have the support of the label. That's when we get all the PROMO.

RCA stands firmly behind Glory, hence we're getting all the promo this era :)

What if Glory does so well that Britney worries she can never top it and decides to never release another studio album again? :gloria: 

Michael Jackson's album releases were scarily rare:

Off The Wall (1979) Thriller (1982) Bad (1987) Dangerous (1991) HIStory (1995) Invincible (2001) 

Horribly long gaps after Thriller :omg: What if Britney starts doing this? :(

41 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

What if Glory does so well that Britney worries she can never top it and decides to never release another studio album again? :gloria: 

Off The Wall (1979) Thriller (1982) Bad (1987) Dangerous (1991) HIStory (1995) Invincible (2001) 

Don't worry. Our girl never disappoints. She gets antsy when she doesn't make music for too long :yesokay:

5 minutes ago, Bjooorn said:

Oh interesting,

so if we buy a copy on amazon.com it counts for the US sales? :bparty:

I asked on a different thread and I was told that it does. It makes sense since it's sold and shipped from Amazon in the US.

This album deserves to be #1 and we should do everything we possibly can to achieve that. I'm sure Britney will be HAPPY about it as well :clap1:

3 hours ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Different time and MJ released a lot of singles and vids off those albums

All those albums had long eras

4 hours ago, grandespears94 said:

Everyone is satisfied with Glory - let's get that out of the way. The one person who ought to be most satisfied about Glory is none other than the artist behind it - Britney Spears. Everyone knows RCA does not have the best reputation when it comes to respecting their artists or giving them artistic freedom. Look what happened to Kelly Clarkson or Avril Lavigne. Heck, even Xtina is being pushed to the side by RCA.

RCA has given Britney an opportunity of a lifetime, to put together the album that she can be proud of, and that she can identify with. Everyone can agree her vocals have never sounded better, and you can really hear her passion and commitment to each songs in her voice. I am so proud of our queen that she has delivered the album of the decade. Yes, she'll definitely get critical recognition for this album.

But that is not enough if she wants to continue having a say in the music she wants to make. It is our job as her fans to push the album to #1, to prove to her record label that Britney is able to make good music - that sells (in a record label's perspective). I know we all say sales doesn't matter blah blah... but from RCA, sales is the main thing that matters. 

This is why a #1 debut is incredibly important for Britney. Sure, a top 3 debut is fine, but a #1 debut is what SEALS the deal - that Britney gets to make music that she wants AGAIN and AGAIN. 

Britney has a voice of her own; she's an artist; she writes; she knows what music she wants to make. In order for her to enjoy making music for years to come, let us come together and help her get a successful album. 

#GLORY AUG 26 SPREAD THE WORD

:bwink:

Specially after the unfortunate and stupid leakage. We need to get this if not 1 at least 2 .

Buy as many copies as you can. Gift the album to your friends or coworkers. Stream it on 26th .

35 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Do you guys think the leak hyped up this release or killed it?

Because I checked twitter this morning and the Glory talk is dead.

It's dead for now but Glory talk will fuel even more after Carpool and VMAs :gobaby:

40 minutes ago, PervertedSaint said:

Specially after the unfortunate and stupid leakage. We need to get this if not 1 at least 2 .

Buy as many copies as you can. Gift the album to your friends or coworkers. Stream it on 26th .

YASSSS buy 25 copies for your family and friends for Xmas y'all 

I'll be spreading the word and buying 5 physical copies for me and my friends. But I think it's the videos/general public interest that will secure her a number 1. Not just us die hards. BJ was basically just die hards....we can only do so much. This album DEF deserves number 1 though. I think it may get there. 

Archived